Costco has stopped carrying Phonak hearing aids

I was responding to the statement Sonova dropped Costco. Costco says they dropped Sonova over their handling of the KS10 issues.

If Sonova is officially saying they dropped Costco we may never know the truth except that Sonova products are no longer available from Costco.

2 Likes

Yeah. Nobody knows who pulled the trigger apart from Costco and Phonak. What has been speculated on here is that the quality of the KS10s were called into question because of the failure rates of their rechargeable device. The Kirkland Signature line is supposedly synonymous with quality and it was a bridge too far for Costco.

1 Like

Not sure what’s this:

It follows their naming conventions for user information.

Notice it was registered in 2017. That is no indication a new model is near.

1 Like

Hope this helps…I have Phonak Audeo Paradise P90R’s.

If I put my hearing aids in the charger after I’ve worn them a little while, they both blink green normally. When they are fully charged it’s solid green.

I hope this helps; I know they are different hearing aids, but believe they are substantially the same as yours.

DaveL

Clip from my Costco Hearing Aid List;
Though, this clip dated 2023-01-02 will become obsolete.

• Models no longer available at Costco have their release date Bolded.
  • As always, Costco hearing aids are minus the Tinnitus feature, or if they do have it the Costco fitters will not turn it on
  • Not sure what to say about Brio5 as it was only available in certain countries?

List of Costco Hearing Aid Models:

3 Likes

Thanks. Great resource. Unless one wants some special feature, the Jabra Enhance Pro 10 looks like the one to get with great battery capacity and good wireless capability including potential to be LE Audio compatible.

4 Likes

Does that use the noahlink wireless for programing? And is the software available?

Thanks

1 Like

Yes…
It sure does.
Works great.

4 Likes

As stated, everything is very easy to use and set up as well.

2 Likes

Wow I haven’t visited here for awhile and I’m almost speechless about Costco. I’ve had the KS10’s since they came out. I have just recently have started having one aid sound like it turns off but the battery is fine. I’d I change the program it comes back. They have been the best I’ve used. I had previously used Siemens for 10 years, and Unitron for 6 years. I have reverse slope yearlong loss and Costco hands down has done the best job programming them and more importantly listening to what I wanted the sound to be rather than relying on the the recommended programming.

I will be visiting here regularly and to keep up. I appreciate all the info on here.

1 Like

Appreciate you sharing this info. I’m planning to upgrade to rechargeables eventually but now I’ll have to go through these 3 brands that are available until KS11’s come out.

1 Like

Thanks for your post. I had reservations about dealing with COSTCO because I didn’t know how skilled their care providers were. It’s good to hear good news.

DaveL

1 Like

Went by Costco yesterday to drop off my K10’s with the charging issues. Got a pair of Phonak Brio 5 as a loaner
Put the in the charger last night same issue this morning. Obviously not a K10 issue but a Phonak issue.

1 Like

Sounds like it might be the charger instead of the aids.

1 Like

I went in almost weekly sometimes twice a week, they were great and I never felt disrespected and would make any changes I requested. I always had issues of my previous HA fitter not listening to what I needed. He actually did his graduate study on RHSL so he should have totally understood.

When I first got them Costco even contacted their Phonak rep because RSHL is so rare. I actually purchased and tried KS9 and Phillips 9030 at the same time and ended up returning when the KS10 came out. I loved the Phillips but at the time their app would not let you adjust the equalizer and that was a dealbreaker for me.

2 Likes

Thanks so much!

COSTCO does sell hearing aids here. When I bought my first HA they did not. I ended up finding my first audiologist in the yellow pages. That’s a while ago.

It’s good to see your posts.

DaveL
Toronto

1 Like

I have KS10 and the 2 year warranty expires in August.
The receiver cable (3rd one) has stopped working. I asked Costco mid April for a replacement and still haven’t got one.
The charger was replaced after about 2 months. The replacement intermittently does not charge the HA, but I don’t know if that is the charger or the HA.
I am wondering what will happen once the warranty runs out. Am I going to have problems getting replacement parts?

1 Like

eBay and Amazon are your friends.
Little parts like you mentioned are easily bought and replaced.

1 Like

I don’t know what country you’re from but in the US, the warranty is 3 years.
Have you returned to Costco and asked about the receiver? They are typically kept in stock and if they ran out they should be able to replenish stock pretty quickly.
My sense is that you would get better service if you were a bit more of a “squeaky wheel.” If things aren’t working as they should, be persistent and let them know. If you’re not getting satisfaction, escalate to management. As mentioned by another poster, when your warranty does run out, replacement parts should be readily available from EBay.

4 Likes