Costco Rexton M-Core (Product Information)

Update 2/17/2021

Rexton M-Core is a family of hearing instruments available from Costco with features similar to Signia 7X products. It replaces the Rexton Adore product line.

RIC Models:
• M-Core R-Li (Li-ion rechargeable battery, wireless, rocker switch, 4 power levels)
• M-Core SR (Li-ion rechargeable battery, wireless, slim-ric, 3 power levels)
• M-Core R312 (312 battery, wireless, optional t-coil, rocker switch, 4 power levels)

ITE Models:
• M-Core iX (10 battery, e2e wireless, one-mic directional, instant-fit, 1 power level)

BTE Models:
• M-Core B-Li-M (Li-ion battery, wireless, rocker switch, earhook or thin tube, 60 gain)
• M-Core B-Li-P (Li-ion battery, wireless, t-coil, rocker switch, earhook or thin tube, 77 gain)
• M-Core B-Li-HP (Li-ion battery, wireless, t-coil, rocker switch, earhook, 82 gain)

Features:
• Premium MotionCore performance
• High Resolution Soundpro
• Integrated motion sensor (excludes M-Core iX)
• Automatic own voice detection and processing (excludes M-Core iX)
• Made for iPhone (MFi) direct audio streaming (excludes M-Core iX)
• 48 channels, 20 gain handles, 6 manual programs

Accessories:
• Smart Mic (not compatible with M-Core iX)
• Smart Transmitter 2.4 (not compatible with M-Core iX)
• Smart Key
• Charging Station (M-Core R-Li and B-Li-M)
• Slim-RIC Travel Charger (M-Core SR only)
• Charging Station+ (M-Core B-Li-P and B-Li-HP)
• Charging Station B-HP / B-P (M-Core B-Li-P and B-Li-HP)

https://www.costco.com/rexton.html
https://hearing.rexton.com/

Datasheets:
Rexton M-Core R-Li.pdf (624.0 KB)
Rexton M-Core SR.pdf (754.3 KB)
Rexton M-Core iX.pdf (664.8 KB)
Rexton M-Core B-Li-M.pdf (2.1 MB)
Rexton M-Core B-Li-P.pdf (2.2 MB)
Rexton M-Core B-Li-HP.pdf (2.0 MB)

Rexton App for Apple iOS:
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/rexton-app/id1356550309

Rexton App for Android:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.connexx.rta

2 Likes

Hi All, I went today to Costco in Toronto, to purchase what I assumed were the Silk 7nX Costco equivalents, aka Rexton Adore iX. I was told that the product was just discontinued, and they were awaiting imminent release of the M-Core iX (gave me a brochure for it). Has anyone heard of this? is this simply the new incarnation (MotionCore), and how does it compare to, say, the MyCore Inox CIC 8C, or the TruCore Inox. Or of course, the Signia Silk Nx 7 and Signia Silk Primax. thanks for your advice!

2 Likes

I haven’t heard anything about the CIC model, but the RIC devices should be launching soon.

My local Costco has a new Rexton that I have never seen before, priced at $1,000 each. This puts it about 1/2 way between the Kirkland brand and my ReSound Preza. I don’t know if this is the one discussed.

That’s in California. Most locations will be $899.99 each.

1 Like

It was less than $1K, but I didn’t remember.

I’ve been trying to compare the new M-Core SR and R models with motion sensors to their Signia counterparts. They seem quite similar. Does anyone have any thoughts about the differences, if any? The slim M-Core SR looks appealing for comfort, but I’m unclear as to whether it sacrifices functional specs in a small device.

Just took a quick peek. Looks like you lose functionality of having buttons with the SR That may or may not matter to you. The R should be a solid aid. If smartphone use is important to you, it would work best with an iPhone.

Thanks MDB. I have an appointment for 10/23 at Costco for an updated hearing test and will update the group with my findings. Seems like the Rexton model is identical to the Signia 7X model with 48 channels.

I will be getting my RextonMCore R this week. They were $1800 for pair. My first hearing aids.

2 Likes

What platform is this hearing aid based on? I’m trying to research it right now. There’s a lot of different Signia 7x’s in the comparison tool on this page: Compare Hearing Aids - Hearing Aid Comparison Tool

Can anyone specify what platform/model the M-Core is based on? I’m trying to decide between this of the KS9. My Audiologist is pushing the MCore, but I just want to get the best/most technologically advanced hearing aid. TIA

Similar to Signia Pure 7X. They’re both fine hearing aids. Good luck figuring out which one is the “best/most technologically advanced…” What’s important to you? If you’re a die hard Android fan, the KS9 is an obvious choice. My personal experience with a previous Rexton model is that I like the domes better than Phonaks and I liked the push button functionality much better. If you definitely want a rechargeable aid, the Rexton is the obvious choice. If you’re finding it hard to make a choice, flip a coin and try one. Assuming you’re in the US, you’ve got 180 days to sort it out.

3 Likes

Thanks. I’ve heard a few people mention the Android thing. And I’d rather avoid rechargeable if possible. That helps a lot, thank you.

Hi all,

I got my first fit of the adore iX. Here is a snapshot of the fit. Can anyone comment on what i am seeing? I really like the aids, but comparing to the ks7, i am not getting the same experience at all (ITC vs BTE of course). The fitting felt rushed. Left ear felt pretty good, but did not correct much for my high frequency loss (>4k). Right ear felt much louder than left, and ended up unusable due to “crackling” (sounded like speaker saturation) around 250-500hz.

I went back to costco a couple of days later, different audiologist just went in the software (after connecting directly to the aids by wire, unlike the first audi who struggled with a wireless connection). They did not redo any REM, they just went in a setting where they selected some “experienced user” mode. The feeling changed dramatically, the left ear lost even more of its high frequency boost, and the right ear no longer “crackles”. It does not feel bad, but it does not seem to correct much either. It mostly feels like i hear everything louder at any given frequency, with maybe a boost in the 1000Hz range where both my ears have a dip. I didnt get a chance to take a snapshot of the curve, but it was much “simpler” and everything seemed to overlap. What did they do? What is this “experienced user” setting? Could we not have simply removed the crackling distortion?

Thanks for your input,

MG

I just got my new Rexton hearing aids in September from Costco and as a new user I am trying to understand what I need to know to maximize their effectiveness! Love the easy rechargability.

Posting your audiogram would help. Those are some sort of gain curves. To me (no expert) it looks like a simulation and that they are not connected to the hearing aids. From the gain curves and targets it looks like you have a fairly mild, flat loss, but then again your audiogram would help. Basically keep going back and tell them what problems you’re having. Hopefully you’ll find somebody who seems to have more success and stick with them. If it doesn’t start getting better you could ask that they call the Rexton rep and see if they can help.

Wear them routinely would be the biggest. If you have any issues with them (like having difficulties hearing/understanding in certain situations), schedule an appointment and let them know what problems you’re having. After you’re used to them, ask if they have you at full prescription.

2 Likes

Rexton M-Core I have this for a few weeks and love it, they are fantastic HA, The speech recognition is awesome on adaptive and on conversation . Such a difference between Kirkland 7.

1 Like

I am really happy with them Rexton M=Core, Sound crystal clear, I do not need to change to conversation. On adaptive is pretty good, Speech recognition much improved. Custom molds, BTE

2 Likes

Apparently this is just being launched in the US today.