Oticon More adds disposable battery model and MyMusic program

I was referring to zinc air batteries. I’ve used a bunch over the years, and none are any better than the other in the grand scheme of things.

1 Like

I have been wearing aids for just over 16 years, mostly with the disposable batteries, by the last year plus with the rechargeable aids and will never go back to to disposable batteries.

My last batch of batteries, about a month ago, was Ray-O-Vac. My right aid started powering off when I put on my reading glasses (intermittent). The R-V batteries checked out about .010" thinner than Pwr1 (very small sample size). The battery contacts in the HA were probably wearing out or something but that seemed to have triggered it, AFAIAC. The aid has gone back for repair, they are 2.5 years old. Haven’t noticed any life change on the left one, about 7.5 days. My personal opinion is that brands make little difference in the long run.

The Signia aids I use have been getting 2 days usage per battery since they were new. I also noticed since using the Ray O Vac Loud n Clear batteries, all of a sudden I am getting 3 days per battery. While 3 days does not seem like so much, it is still a huge improvement.
Dan

Oh, with the new firmware 1.1.1, the Mores remember the last setting you had on the TV Adapter volume (previous version always reverted to 16 as volume)!

2 Likes

I noticed that also. A welcome improvement / upgrade. I was wondering if the ON app, which I am not fond of using, would override the last Volume setting after rebooting my iPhone and revert back to 16 volume. It did not. Yay!

1 Like

Will the ON app now remember the equalizer settings and the tinnitus settings. That is what I find to be a pain

The equalizer reverted back to default 0-0-0 upon reboot of iPhone.
The More firmware update is why the last Volume settings saved on the TV Adapter - independent of the ON App.
The ON app did not update it’s firmware so, I’m just guessing - the equalizer is an ON App function for streaming all devices, so isn’t affected by the More firmware update.

2 Likes

How do you find out what firmware version your hearing aids are using, or when there has been an update? Does your audi need to update your devices, in person or remotely?

To determine Firmware version on More - using the On app, click on Hearing Aids - Left and Right aids – click the arrow located on the right side, The Firmware and serial # is listed.
The newest Firmware is 1.1,1
Mine were updated in person at Audi Office. I don’t know if update can be done remotely - good question. Let us know.

1 Like

Below is something interesting I found in one of the Audiology courses regarding MyMusic. Below is the transcript portion that talks about MyMusic in reference to how it’s different than the original Music program.

1 Like

Excited to try this out on Friday with disposables! Assuming the chip shortages and hurricane Ida don’t delay this further

Huge difference for me with the Ray O Vac batteries by a couple of days vs Kirklands.

How much does the 312 Rayovac Loud N’ Clear cost per battery? I think the Kirkland 312 runs around 17 cents per battery.

What was the difference between Ray o vac and Kirkland?

Ray O Vac lasts a couple of days longer, i.e. 4-5 days vs 2-3.

Well, @Luga, my experience is similar to yours, to a tee. The EQ is nice and flat, and doesn’t amplify the frequencies of speech too much.

I’d say that MyMusic does a great job at delivering the harmonic overtones that make instruments sound good . For example: I like listening to Johnny Smith because his guitar sounds so plain and natural. It’s a gorgeous sound that has survived its trip to the studio.

The new MyMusic program let me hear that through my More1s with 100dB receivers with acrylic moulds. No AKG cans requarrd.

1 Like

Is the improvement to MyMusic the same across all types of music listening environments? Like with live music (playing guitar or piano or at a concert), listening to music via a speaker-based sound system, listening to music streaming?

Does it affect voice clarity? What I mean is if you’re watching a movie that has both lots of talking but also musical interjections, would you use the default program (to make sure you understand what the voices are saying), or would you use MyMusic and still be able to understand the voices OK?

@Volusiano: I can’t yet answer those specific questions, but I’ll get back to you before the weekend is out.

OH WOW! BUT I’LL TELL YOU HOW GOOD NORAH JONES SOUNDS!! Just WOW, MAN!

[But … it has a very poor WCI! Just found this out!]

I attended an outdoor concert today and in my experience the improvements apply here also.

The soundstage with MyMusic appeared much wider… bigger. It was easier to identify specific instruments.

On the other hand, the voices from the singers did not stand out as much as with the default program. I suppose that this is expected since the MyMusic program should not be prioritizing speech.

The volume was a bit high as compared to the default program and I lowered it a couple of notches. I suppose this is a “getting used to” sort of thing.

YMMV