Oticon More adds disposable battery model and MyMusic program

I think the Noahlink Wireless has always been compatible with certain OPN and OPN S but you need a wired interface to do the firmware update on them. However, on the More, it looks like even a wireless firmware update via the Noahlink Wireless is possible because none of the wired interfaces like the HiPro is compatible with them anymore anyway.

1 Like

Any brochure or information online now about the disposable battery version of the Oticon More?

I look forward to your review, music is always a tricky thing to get right.
Could Oticon have finally “cracked it” for a dedicated music program that just works.

My Audi said the More 312 mini-rite disposable battery version has same shape as rechargeable with rocker switch and battery life is 50 - 60 hours - if you stream a lot it will vary. All else is the same.

I got the Firmware Update and My Music program added. Music does sound better to me, but I am really not a good judge. I haven’t listened & enjoyed music for years because of my hearing loss.

1 Like

The data sheet on the Oticon site claims a battery life of 80 hours.

This battery life info came from the Oticon Rep who attended my appt. I actually said 80? Answer: no 50 - 60 depending on streaming. 3 1/2 - 4 days. That is what I get now with my OPN1 and P100 receivers. He said it would be the same. Maybe his answer to me was tailored to my loss and usage. Maybe other people with less hearing loss will get 80 hrs.
FWIW – I have never gotten the Hours of Battery Life any manufacturer, including Oticon, claims. Bluetooth, streaming, power receivers, hearing loss, all contribute to lower battery life.

2 Likes

I didn’t look closely enough to see if the battery life varied by receiver power, but it makes sense that it would.

I’m sure manufacturers statements on battery life are like EPA estimates of gas mileage. Nobody in the real world will ever achieve it.

I’d be happily surprised if one can get 3.5 to 4 days with 312 batteries on the More 1 like one can with the OPN 1 with average streaming. You’d think the More would suck up more battery juice by being on a bigger and faster platform like the Polaris, with a DNN inside to boost after all.

I got around 3-4 days of use of my OPN 1, too, on the 312.

Exactly, real life examples never seem to match the manufacturers hype!

Yeah it definitely does make a difference, same with the processor working overtime on severe profound users, impacts on battery life.

I’d be okay with 3 1/2 - 4 days battery life also, but I think it will be less.

1 Like

Acccording to the Oticon 1st fit cont-ao-oiconmore-gettingstarted.pdf (2.2 MB) ONLY trhe Noahlink Wireless will communicate with the More’s

72873uk_tech_paper_music_program.pdf (199.1 KB)
Have a read .
It is a big step up from the previous Music program both streaming & recorded.
Not being a musician, I can’t attest to that part of the equation, but hi rez audio sure sounds good.

1 Like

Yes, it’s the only way going forward.
REmember the days when we held our breath doing f/w updates?
Is it bricked?
Now it’s routine, look ma no wires!

3 Likes

I have 3 years of experience using the OPN1 with PowerOne batteries and struggling to get 45-50 hours of use which represents around 3 x 15 hour days. Recently, the VA switched from supplying PowerOne batteries to providing Ray-O-Vac 312s and all of a sudden I am getting 75± hours (around 5 x 15 hour days) of use out of a pair of Ray-O-Vac 312 batteries. I am holding out on upgrading to the More1 until the VA begins delivery of the More1 battery aids after November.

2 Likes

Wow, Ray-O-Vac huh? I’ll have to remember this next time. I used the Kirkland Costco batteries and they last about the same as the PowerOne, about 3-4 days with my OPN 1.

This is the packaging

Thanks. I’ve tried Rayovac before if I remember correctly, but they only lasted the normal amount of time. In fact, I think Rayovac might have even been the OEM for the Kirkland Costco brand at one time. Perhaps this “Loud N’ Clear” edition/version the differentiation here, with a bit more juice.

I have been using iCelltech 312 batteries for the past several years. I have bought 4 boxes of 10 battery packs (a total of 240 batteries) for about $49 on eBay. One battery lasts approximately for 60 hours.

Since More consumes more power, I will definitely need to purchase Rayovac batteries with the larger capacity. Quick eBay search reveals the cheapest Rayovac option is this: 60 x Rayovac Extra 312 Size Hearing aid batteries Zinc air 10 Packs 5000252026914 | eBay Is this model that you have tried? There are several Extra Advanced models with the different designs. There are also Peak, Proline Advanced and normal Rayovac branded models with the motto “No (Hearing Aid) Battery Lasts Longer” listed.

It’s all marketing mumbo jumbo. I’d stay with what you’re using now.

It definitely isn’t just marketing, the More aids are for real.