Oticon More adds disposable battery model and MyMusic program

You have to enable it in Genie 2 (Newest version 2021.2)
It also offers a f/w update for the More’s to 1.1.1.
It replaces the default music program, so when you open the ON app it shows up.
Here’s a look:

2 Likes

OK thanks. I did update to Genie 2 2021.2 but I don’t have the actual More HAs, only did a simulation profile for one. So apparently you also need to do a firmware update and connect a real pair of More to it in order for Genie 2 to show it.

I guess the mention about enabling it via the ON app still requires you to get your audi to set it up in Genie 2 for you. It’s not like how the MoreSound Booster works in the ON app without any interference with Genie 2 then.

So, I watched a movie with DTS- HD Master audio on my Def Tech 5.1 surround system, and I left all the EQ
AV Receiver enhancements at flat. Sounded excellent.
Ran some errands in the car this afternoon, and even the Honda Accord sound system sounded great with some 320KBs MP3’s I had on a USB stick.
Color me Impressed with MYMusic!

Just upgraded Genie and sure enough, there is a new firmware for the Oticon Mores.

Interestingly, the MyMusic program did not show up until I upgraded the firmware on the hearing aids.

The Release Text for FW 1.1.1 says:

• New “MyMusic” Program
  • Support for SmartCharger for Oticon More miniRITE R
  • Support for CROS and CROS PX
  • General Updates and improvements

Sounds like the new charger needs the firmware upgrade.

Anyway, figured I pass this on.

Will be trying the new MyMusic program over the next few days.

Many thanks for the information.

2 Likes

I tried the new firmware today, and I believe they have improved the feedback management and the noise reduction. It’s hard for me to generate any feedback with my hands now, so something has changed. I have OpenBass domes.

1 Like

I wholly concur, they have made some subtle improvements, as the release notes point out.
With the advent of wireless f/w updates, it’s become a joy to be able to instantly be able to enable new features, and receive bug fixes,

Looking forward to your impressions of MYMusic.
I’m still grinning ear to ear when I put on the tunes.

My impression of the OPN and OPN1 music program was always that they just turned off sound management and equally amplified all the frequencies. That made music sound just louder… and louder in the frequencies that i was not used to hearing so it was not enjoyable.

The old music program in the More managed to deliver a fuller sound that was more pleasing. I still wasn’t going out of my way to turn on the Music program to listen to music. I would just use the regular program and fall back on my Bose over the ear headphones when i really wanted to listen to music.

The MyMusic program to me is far more engaging… it feels natural… not missing the low frequency sounds while keeping the higher notes (at least the ones I can still hear) Overall warmer. More balanced. Fuller. Almost like in years past. No longer looking for my headphones.

I can definitely now see turning this on when I am listen to music. A clear improvement.

Of course everyone’s experience is different and others may feel different. To me, this is progress. Yes, grinning :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

@flashb1024 and @Luga : So if you guys watch a movie that has both speech and background music and sometimes the music goes to the foreground, would you watch those movies in the MyMusic program, or in the default program? Would watching them in MyMusic program compromise the speech heard in the movie?

I was wondering whether the More could do firmware updates wireless or not. The fact that the Noahlink Wireless is the only interface supporting the More implies that it can, but I still had my doubt because it seems too good to be true. Glad that they made that improvement to enable wireless firmware update on the More. I hate having to use the wired interface via the miniPro and HiPro to update my OPN firmwares. Those wiring harnesses are so fragile and can be finicky to connect sometimes.

For me, I’d definitely watch movies in the automatic default program because movies are mostly all about the dialogue. I just put on a clip of CODA (thought it was appropriate and included a fair amount of music) and after going back and forth a few times, the dialogue is far more intelligible and comfortable to listen to with the default program.

Maybe if I was watching a musical that might be a rare exception…. Again YMMV.

So…do the firmware updates apply via the phone app or do you have to connect them to the programming software?

As far as I can tell, the firmware update has to be done by the HCP via the programming software, unless you’re a DIY who has the Noahlink Wireless interface and the Genie 2 programming software to do it yourself.

I upgraded the firmware using the Noahlink Wireless. Now, whether this can be done over regular bluetooth on an Internet tele-programming session without a Noahlink would be interesting to see since i believe Oticon now advertises “RemoteCare” with “minimal limitations”.

Good point with the RemoteCare thing. It’d be interesting to know whether firmware udpates can be done remotely by the HCP for you or not. If yes, that’d be awesome. I also don’t see why Oticon wouldn’t want users to execute firmware update via the ON app if they want. So many mfgs allow that nowaday. But then those devices don’t have an intermediary person (the HCP in the HA industry), so it necessitates direct firmware updates by the consumer. With the HA industry, they may still want to use the HCP as a gateway for those things so they can retain that as part of the value for their service.

Complex questions indeed given the current business model with the HCP in the middle bundling services that the average consumer needs in order to be successful.

Appreciate it. I’m considering a trial and am collecting my notes to share with the Audi.

I’m also considering purchasing the DIY gear but don’t want to upset the provider by screwing anything up.

Firmwarewise, I always thought this is only possible with a Highpro USB device wired. Otherwise you could ruin the aids. Has this changed or has it always been possible with Noahlink? I just paid my audiologist a short visit and let him run the firmware update 1.1.1
Being a musician, I am eager to hear the new music program in real life.

It is my understanding that it is.now possible wirelessly.

I updated with Noalink Wireless to firmware 1.1.1.

2 Likes