Transfer Phonak Roger X receivers between hearing aids

Read all of my messages and also @pclewis posts!

You do need to transfer the licences out now with the pin before they do start to work!

I am never sure how to check the number of receivers, and how to transfer them. With my Roger On In, I do not have to press that hole on the back side or connect button. But itā€™s always hit and miss. Sometimes when I press the front button, it goes to another mode, sometimes starts with transfer, so I am really not sure what to do to get the same, desired operation. I refer to the device here, not the software or the transfer process.

See this postā€¦

Well, with my previous receivers I was told the same, but I can do it by just pressing the front button. The problem is just that I never know how I do it :slight_smile:

Just press the connect button with the hearing aids you want them transferred on only.

I have never done this but someone else posted that on the forum. Iā€™ve only ever used the pin system.

Turn your other Aids off.

It might only work with the pin system and this is maybe why it didnā€™t work for @GrayGhost as well?

Hopefully he can update us on whether it has worked for him?

Did i read that on V2 you donā€™t have the pin system ?
Has @MilosDj got the V2 by chance.

I donā€™t know which version I have. I got it roughly 2 years ago, but hardly ever use it. It has a pin hole, but I guarantee that transfer is also possible without using it.

Try it out if you know it will wok

Iā€™ve done it 5 times so far, and it definitely works. I transferred receivers back and forth, and also have just installed receivers you informed us about ( thanks for that). Itā€™s just that I never remember how I do it, itā€™s just pressing it until it starts transferring.

for what itā€™s worth, I have tried this procedure with my Roger Pen iN and did get prompt to upgrade the Pen firmware but doesnā€™t show " Retrieve Roger Receivers" when I follow the exact process described here. May NOT work with the Roger Pen iN. :confused:

1 Like

I think it is a postcode lottery.

I tried it on a version 1 with 0 receivers and it first said I had 5 left so I clicked on the restore and it went through the process. after that I disconnected the ON IN and checked with the pin on the bottom and the display showed ā€œ0ā€ receivers.
Connected to computer again and went through the process ā€¦ now says I have 4 left ā€¦ I clicked on restore and again it went through the process ā€¦ disconnected and used a pin and still display say ā€œ0ā€ receivers :frowning:

Just tried this.
Emptied the On ,updated Roger to 1.27
Updated On despite it saying it was up to date 1.2.45997.
Retrieve licences.
Two appeared.
Checked with pin- Two licences installed!
This is crazy, the implications are serious.
Didnā€™t @1Bluejay have a Phonak rep involved in telling her she needed a second On?

3 Likes

@michael1 I see, this is what @Zebras was trying to explain.
Still doesnā€™t ring a bell.
I guess thatā€™s why I donā€™t have PhD.

1 Like

T-shirt? I have a full wardrobe: T-shirt, shorts, PJs, slippers ā€¦ :money_mouth_face:

1 Like

Yes. Hadda fork over a chunk of change for that 2nd license, too.

Iā€™m probably the outlier here, but I wear my 2 pairs of Lumity Life aids every other day: Silver ones on ODD days, champagne colored ones on EVEN days. I swap my Roger ON iN V2 sticks every Sunday: black one goes in the cradle as TV streamer one week, champagne colored one goes in the next. That leaves one stick ā€œfreeā€ to take with me to restaurants, etc. I havenā€™t lost or left a stick behind - yet - but it gives me peace of mind to have the duplication in gear, given that these are RECHARGEABLE aids and donā€™t give me a full dayā€™s worth of wear. So even the accessories with unique license have to be duplicated.

If I had ONE pair of battery-powered aids that lasted 6 days, Iā€™d have no need for the duplication.

My Roger ON iN V2 sticks both required that special PIN to enable the license installation. Pin didnā€™t look special to me. Itā€™s just any device that would allow someone to LIFT UP the clip on the Roger stick and push the pin in there. It was definitely a TWO-HANDED operation. And the Phonak rep had to do this two times over on EACH of my Roger sticks to xfer the license onto each pair of Lumity Life aids, then cross-xfer the license to the OTHER pair of Lumity Life aids. This way, I can put in either pair of Lumity Life aids and grab either Roger stick and Iā€™m good to go.

Reminds me of how Spock played 3D chess on ā€œStar Trekā€ almost 50 yrs ago, LOL. Never dreamed how relevant that game would be for me in 2023.

2 Likes

No, it works definitely without the pin. Hereā€™s the proof,

I have no pin and still did it. But transfer of the new receivers is not working yet, I got an ā€œxā€ when tried.

I did it with the classic receivers. Will keep on trying.
Transfer in process:

Transfer completed:

Without pin.
Still need to get them to work. Initial connection failed.

2 Likes

OK, so the Phonak rep literally lifted UP that belt clip thing on the back of my Roger stick:

Hereā€™s a video on HOW to install the license.

1 Like