Transfer Phonak Roger X receivers between hearing aids

And here’s how to UNinstall the license.

1 Like

And how to check the valid number of licenses on the ON iN.

1 Like

TBH, I don’t care what he said or lifted, I know that I did it a few times WITHOUT the pin. Take a look at the photos

1 Like

Yes, but you have that “X” displayed on the Roger stick, right? I think when the xfer works correctly, you’ll see the “check” mark displayed on the stick.

Did you REBOOT your aids?

1 Like

It was an initial attempt, Now I have receivers installed on all 3 pairs of Phonak. Without pin.

1 Like

@Baltazard
Do you need any help.
I can’t pm you.

2 Likes

@michael1 Thank you very much, I will pm you in case I struggle.
Much appreciated

1 Like

Is this Phonaks first line of defense against Auracast?
It might prolong the Roger lifetime.
Don’t want to derail the thread but has anyone got dynamic mic working with the update to On V1?
In the user guide it’s called multi beam and Locks on to the person speaking.

2 Likes

I didn’t know about this. I’ll be following with interest in case anyone has got it to work.

:slight_smile:

@MilosDj

Bet you’re pleased about not having to spend more money to get more licenses.

I updated my firmware and just randomly decided to “Read Device” whiles I was there.

If I hadn’t, I would never of found this secret button Altho I don’t feel it’s very secret.

@kevels55

@michael1

@PeterH

2 Likes

Been thinking out loud Ruth… I know thinking is an alien concept for me :rofl: Since there are 2 x license slots, in each Marvel, Paradise & Lumity aids, in theory each aid could hold 2 x type 03 licenses, in the past I have accidentally installed 2 x licenses (type 03) into the 1 aid, although I assume 1 slot is for a type 02? I may play around with that, once my Roger Select “In” arrives… I am off to Shetland tomorrow for 5 days, my yearly pilgrimage for a pool competition, it’s a memorial event, for a team mate who died, I go up every year, I regard Shetland as home, although I wasn’t born there… You should add Shetland to your bucket list Ruth, a stunning place, and the natives are extremely friendly, over a thousand archaeological sites of antiquities, in the Summer months, they have “Simmer Dim” it doesn’t get dark, it’s a sort of twilight, when the sun goes down, you can see enough to walk around … Just some random thoughts :joy:

3 Likes

I appreciate your help. However, this was not my intention when I started this thread. Somehow it developed into you giving us ideas, and I would be stupid not to use what has been offered. Still have to test them. I don’t understand why would Phonak give it away, and leave it in such a place that has nothing to do with Roger receivers. Have you tested them, do they work normally? Any time limits, or another constraint?

Interesting @MilosDj ,perhaps you have a different firmware on your mic.
You don’t get a tick after transfer like I do.

1 Like

Of course I’ve tested and many of my posts say above that none of the licenses have magically disappeared in the 2 months since I’ve found out about this.

Obviously I don’t know what will happen in the future but I wouldn’t of posted about this if it didn’t work for me.

3 Likes

WoooOooOoO! Way to go! It sure looks like magic to me, but I’m glad you’ve got receivers installed on all 3 pairs of Phonaks. :slight_smile:

Yes, if you mean the “check” mark, I also noticed it didn’t appear on the Roger stick display.

All’s I know is: it’s ROCKET science. And needlessly so.

@kevels55

Enjoy Shetland.

I’ll have to investigate if I can get over there on public transport.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

I can get to Edinburgh but not sure I can get to Shetland.

I also get a free bus pass due to my deafness Altho that doesn’t work in Wales or Scotland :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The Roger Select in arrived today, got it working eventually, the battery is goosed, the seller told me, but it churns out a few sets of licenses :grin: so all is fine, thank you @Zebras :grin:

Edit; Yeah these free bus passes should cover UK … I have one myself, but rarely use it, but it is handy to have. Cheers Kev :wink:

1 Like