Transfer Phonak Roger X receivers between hearing aids

BTW, I bought Roger Select and Select In on eBay from a Spanish guy. The Select In has a bad battery, return process is on the way. But, with Select, it’s a bit funny. It worked on arrival, meaning it kept charge, also worked few days, a few hours a day, but now blinking orange, no matter how long I charge it. Any idea, maybe it’s a cable? Or battery?

I think there is a reset procedure you could try first but it seems like a battery problem.

A daft question…but I’ll ask because I’m not overly technical and last time I did an update to my Roger On it bricked…but:

I have a Roger On In. It contains two licenses from my KS10 hearing aids. It works like magic.

I also have a pair of NHS Nathos Nova M hearing aids. They have no licenses in them. I do have a myLink so there’s a roundabout way of making this work. I’d like this to work in a similar fashion to my KS 10s.

So, question: does the ‘Retrieve Licenses’ feature of the Updater application make a ‘copy’ of the licenses (its effectively a photocopier for Phonak Roger licenses)?

Or is it a handy way to shuttle licenses from device to device (e.g. old HAs, Roger X’s with the right firmware), but you still need the extra licenses to work with?

Apologies for asking what are likely obvious questions (be gentle…), but I’m keen not to bork expensive kit…

1 Like

You are correct @garethjwells, your Roger On iN, will copy you another 4 sets of licenses, before it runs dry :slight_smile: as per @Zebras instructions… Cheers Kev :wink:

1 Like

Gobsmacked!

How long before Phonak issue a firmware ‘update’ to close that loophole?

I’ll get onto this ASAP…

2 Likes

Ssssssssssshhhhhhhhhh :slight_smile:

1 Like

@garethjwells

Once you’ve transferred. I then put 2 more licenses into my On to store if needed in the future.

1 Like

So, you claim that Roger On In can hold 6 licences at the same time? Just making sure that I understood well. Then I can install the software on another computer and save even more?
How about Select In, same thing?

1 Like

Can roger x restore the license?

@Mary998

I don’t believe you can.

Only can be done with the Roger iN Mics.

@kevels55

@michael1

@Baltazard

@PeterH

I can confirm that factory resetting the hearing aids doesn’t loose the receivers / licenses despite gaining the receivers via the software.

4 Likes

Thank you for that information Ruth… That is good to know, I don’t believe I have ever done a factory reset, I have reset to an earlier setup, usually because of too much tweaking on my part :grin: Cheers Kev :wink:

1 Like

@Zebras Thank you very very much

8e4acx

@Zebras
That’s great to know, thank you

1 Like

You can transfer the licenses from the aids to the X if you have Roger Installer

1 Like

Methinks you are preaching to the converted :rofl: On this site/forum, @Zebras is the go too person on Roger devices… Some of us (including myself) have the Roger X Installer, they are extremely difficult to get hold of, I got mines from an eBay seller in South Korea, I haven’t see any for sale in the last few months in the UK, did a quick google, 1 for sale in the USA, approximately $250 or £197, including shipping… They are almost as rare as hens teeth :grin: Cheers Kev :wink:

Well, they must make some effort and spend $$$ to have results. There are other countries in the world besides UK and USA…

1 Like

Agreed @MilosDj, other countries, especially especially European countries; are the main manufacturers of hearing aids. Only 1 manufacturer in the USA, the UK (I believe) has absolutely none! China makes their own versions… I am sure, other countries might make their own brands, although I haven’t knowingly seen many… The vast volume of sales, worldwide would probably be USA, China, UK, Australia & Canada… UK issues hearing aids free, from the NHS, but some of us prefer to buy our own, as we might prefer newer technology, the NHS tends to lag, 2, 3 or 4 years behind… Cheers Kev :wink:

• Phonak – Sonova Holding – Switzerland
  • Unitron – Sonova Holding – Switzerland
  • ReSound – GN Resound – Denmark
  • Starkey – USA
  • Oticon – William Demant Holding – Denmark
  • Bernafon – William Demant Holding – Denmark
  • Widex – Denmark
  • Siemens – Germany

Yes but the person was asking if you can create more licenses from the Roger X which obviously you can’t. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Well, you can… Get a new pair from Roger In via our super secret process, :-), transfer to the aids, then to the X receivers. Not “more” at the same time, X can’t hold multiple receivers… Maybe I misunderstood, tho

1 Like