Transfer Phonak Roger X receivers between hearing aids

I think you could carry on and protentially get more out of it, I just don’t have anyone else to help.

I have loaded back 2 licenses in my On and Table Mic so you could say I got 14 licenses out of it.

Just don’t upgrade the software as I expect this “button” to now disappear, since we found out about it! Maybe even firmware update on the Roger iN could stop this feature from working?

I also don’t know what happens if the Aids need a factory reset. In the past the receivers / licenses have not disappeared but as the receivers / licenses have come from another way, I wonder if factory reset will wipe the receivers / licenses?

I found this button about 2 months ago but so far all the receivers / licenses have not magically disappeared.

My Step Mun got an empty Roger On iN from eBay around 10 days ago. I plan to install spare licenses in to there as well.

Download the software, click on read device data, connect your Roger iN to the laptop with the correct cable and press the Retrieve Roger Receivers when it appears.

Simple?

Then load new receivers / licenses into new Aids.

Zebras, you could be right about losing this feature. The publishing industry has a problem with digital books so they are constantly changing digital rights management. You can’t lend a book to a friend easily on an electronic book, as they are device controled. Yet if you know how to do it, you can get around that. Just don’t sell the copy and you are probably safe.

I find it interesting that the hearing aid industry is still trying to protect the revenue stream of their distribution through audiologist. That will of course break down with OTC hearing aids taking the easy market. In reality it is the people who wear hearing aids who are the customers. For Phonak to not help me but wants to send me to an audiologist that is clueless about most thing other than fitting. I talked to a guy from Siemens that told me they got out of the hearing aid business because they saw it becoming less profitable after over the counter was approved in the USA. The industry fought that for years and insisted that hearing aids remain “controlled medical devices” to the extent that you could not buy software or a Noahlink as an end user. The argument was that the end user would ruin their hearing.

In reality, there are less than 100 people in the world that do what you have just done with the microphone licenses. We do it for the convienience of doing it ourselves at home without unnecessary equipment and trips to audiologist. There are not enough of us for manufacturers to worry about, so we shall see if they take that high road or not. You go girl. Thanks for your help.

I hear you on keeping the old software. Same thing occured with Amazon Kindel books. They come up with new schemes to force you to keep from making it easy to use their readers. Simple, vote with your feet and wallet. The hearing aid industry is much smaller and if I were running their companies, I would try to appeal to the end user, not the just the middle distributor. This market will change as mild hearing loss people will not even know the major manufacturers if they don’t change their marketing strategy. You can’t have a $500 plan for the DIY and a $6000 plan for one that goes throught their ENT. Something has to give and it is not the $500.

1 Like

I have Marvels M30 with licenses installed and P90 receivers transferred back to Roger On In.

1 Like

Can you please enlighten me, what have you done and what achieved? I have a pair of M30 with licences installed, and a pair of P90. These have no licences as I reverted them to Roger On In. What I want is to, say send receivers from M30 to Roger On in. Perhaps send current receivers from Roger On Into P90, but only if I have to. Simply said, I just want to be able to transfer these licences back and forth between aids and Roger On In.

I downlaoded and installed Upgrader. So, what is the next step, to transfer the licences from my aids to Roger On In? I probably need to connect aids to the laptop first, but how? Does it mean that during the transfer, my computer plays intermediate role and keeps licences? Hope you understand my questions.

@MilosDj

Follow all this. No need to connect Aids at all.

You end up with more licenses for more than one pair of Aids.

But I already have receivers in my Roger On In. Does it mean that I can have more than 2 kept in it? So, if I understand you, I can transfer my existing receivers from Roger On In to the P90 aids, and then get a new pair of receivers, just like that?

If 2 licenses are physically in the Roger On iN, then you need to transfer them out to hearing aids and then follow my instructions to put 2 more licenses back into the On iN via the software.

The On iN will show a different screen with a number 2 in it as well, when you check how many receivers you have but all of mine have transferred out without any issues despite showing a different screen.

When I say different screen, I mean different screen to normal.

Ok,now I understand. You also said some 10 licences (Greedy me :slight_smile:

I just helped some family and friends with licenses / receivers.

Don’t have anyone else to help to that lives near me.

You could probably load a huge amount of receivers / licenses this way if you happen to have a huge amount of Phonak Bluetooth Aids.

I’ve got 14 licenses for free by doing it this way but there’s no reason why I couldn’t get more.

Can I hold these, say 6 licences on the same device ( Roger On in), or need a separate device for each pair? Or, what makes sense to me, you download a pair, transfer them to the aids, then do it again with another pair of the aids and the same Roger device?

@MilosDj

You can’t store more than 2 at a time. You need to transfer out each time and load 2 more.

I have a On iN and a Table Mic iN so I’ve stored 4 spare, 2 in each of these for future use of new hearing aids.

So, yup, I understood correctly. WiIl try. Thank ou

@MilosDj

Just note, the screen with number 2 will be different to normal but it still works, transferring receivers / licenses over.

Plus storing for future use.

Just tried, it says that

Read the On again.

You don’t have the Touchscreen or Inspiro or do you?

Mine read as Touchscreen first and I just tried again.

I think I did it. But I never know how to check receivers, I most of the time press it a few times (hit and miss). Sometimes it starts with transfer. How can I do it properly, check the number of receivers?

You don’t read the receivers. It’s the top one for read the microphones.

Have you just tried to read the device as there is also the second part to do as well.

There’s two buttons to press on the software but your screenshot indicates you’ve just tried to read it only?

I did it. Roger On In now shows number 2, and, yep, a different display. My process firstly required a firmware upgrade, and only then I could do it. During the process I got the message saying that I have 5 licences remaining. Now, the question is, are these receivers fully working?