Transfer Phonak Roger X receivers between hearing aids

@Baltazard

What do you not understand?

To pay for 3 x Roger iN Mics because someone has 3 pairs of Aids will be very expensive.

Getting extra licenses / receivers from the Software will save a huge amount of money.

The software calls them receivers still and not licenses.

1 Like

VAT on Lumity P90 UP is around Ā£360
Is there a way of getting the HA without VAT?

Donā€™t think it applies to Aids?

Just Hearing Assistance Equipment?

1 Like

Ok, no worries.
Thank you

Google says this.

Do you have to pay VAT on hearing aids?

Standard hearing aids, corrective spectacles or contact lenses are not VAT-free.

1 Like

If I am not mistaken, some online seller do ask if you are VAT exempt, and thatā€™s for HA.

4.5.5 Products which do not qualify for relief

Examples:

These items are specifically excluded from this relief by law.

@Baltazard

2 Likes

@GrayGhost

Are you seeing a different screen on the On with a number 2 on it?

That shows up on mine but all licenses have transferred and worked without issues.

Have a look at Connevans. You can get things without VAT from them. Maybe they explain it on the site??

[edit] probably already answered above :slight_smile:

Peter

1 Like

WOW! Upgrade Zebras (Ruth I think it is) to genius category. I am not sure I would have ever tried that. I just used Roger Upgrader 1.27 to transfer off my Naida P90-UP back to the Roger Select iN, yet hearing aids still work with the Select iN. I am now going to put them on my spares and then put them back on the Select iN so that I am good to go down the road if I lose a hearing aid.

I just ordered the Roger ON iN and plan to do the same thing. In one short post Zebras solved my spare hearing aid set problem. If you have iN this simply works beautifully. Looks like you can do it 5 x a pair or 10 licenses per device. That works fine for an individual. Very Happy.

I used Roger Upgrader some time ago to install new firmware but never realized the other capabilities. Three cheers for Zebras. Where do I send the reward?

2 Likes

Major props to @Zebras !

But that begs the question: Iā€™ve seen several posts from people saying their audis told them they had no choice but to pay more for additional receivers. Whatā€™s up with that?

2 Likes

Gun-shy, I ended up buying TWO sets of Roger ON iN V2 licences instead of going the license transfer route. But you bet your BOOTIE I saved the thread on the topic, cuz Iā€™d never have figured out how to do it on my own. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bullying. Plain and simple. When I met with my audi and the Phonak rep back in Sept I told them lots of folks have figured out how to xfer licenses on their own and simply wonā€™t fork over the money. The rep gave some blah blah about how one might end up getting the wrong version of somesuch or not be able to xfer the license correctly.

I think if one is clever enough to figure it out, well GO FOR IT! I just didnā€™t want to be transferring licenses back and forth over the two pairs of Phonak Lumity Life aids I have, cuz I swap those out every other day. I donā€™t want to mothball a set of rechargeable aids.

Ack. Everything is complicated an order of magnitude when yā€™have to use rechargeable aids!

I feel your pain, been there done that, got the T-shirt

I have found most audis are clueless about things like networks and Bluetooth. I taught one how to load apps on a phone. So, I donā€™t blame them for repeating something that is wrong. I do blame Phonak for not wanting to even talk to people like me. I used Roger upgrader one time to update firmware in a Select iN. I did not even explore what the program could do. My bad.

Hatā€™s off again to Zebras for pointing out this hidden feature. I wonder what she wants for Christmas. I now have both sets running the Select and even have 2 licenses loaded back on the Select ready for the next set of hearing aids. Very happy.

By the way, looks like with the new version of Roger ON out with a feature for phone connection across your computer has brought some Version 1 modelsof iN out for sale. I donā€™t need that feature. No reason to go with older ON, a transfer device and Roger Xā€™s. Thiis rocks and canā€™t be too hard - I am over 80.

3 Likes

Thank you @Zebras and everyone for all your help, thatā€™s for sure an unexpected tip.

What is Roger Upgrader Software? Is it just a commong upgrade Of Phonak fitting software or something else?

1. What is Roger Upgrader software? 2. Can it apply to my situation (please refer to the first post n the chain)? What do I need to do, step-by-step, please?

@MilosDj What do you have at the moment?
1- Phonak Marvel
2- Phonak Paradise
3- Roger On iN

I suppose you have 2 receivers (licenses) in the Phonak Paradise!
Is this correct?

I think you could carry on and protentially get more out of it, I just donā€™t have anyone else to help.

I have loaded back 2 licenses in my On and Table Mic so you could say I got 14 licenses out of it.

Just donā€™t upgrade the software as I expect this ā€œbuttonā€ to now disappear, since we found out about it! Maybe even firmware update on the Roger iN could stop this feature from working?

I also donā€™t know what happens if the Aids need a factory reset. In the past the receivers / licenses have not disappeared but as the receivers / licenses have come from another way, I wonder if factory reset will wipe the receivers / licenses?

I found this button about 2 months ago but so far all the receivers / licenses have not magically disappeared.

My Step Mun got an empty Roger On iN from eBay around 10 days ago. I plan to install spare licenses in to there as well.