Transfer Phonak Roger X receivers between hearing aids

Yes thanks Kev. I was going to ask at my next visit late December. They are a bit funny about stuff not bought from Boots and would you believe they have to send to head office for the installer!
Unbelievably busy branch and no installer or rem.She said she was on commission.
I wonder if there is franchise involved in the organisation.

1 Like

Yeah @michael1 it is a major pain if you haven’t got a Roger Installer, I got mines on eBay from a South Korea seller a couple of years back, @PeterH also has one, I believe… They are tiny, they weigh 2 or 3 ounces, and probably cost no more than £20 to make? I think I paid around £170 for mine, plus about £50 expedited air mail, they are fairly rare to the market though… Phonaks whole license system, sucks! IMO, it’s a major bug bear for the HOH, it’s not there to help those HOH whom need Roger ALD’s, but essentially in place to increase Phonaks earning potential, or to prevent sharing… Having your own Roger Installer gives you control over your hearing aids, you aren’t reliant on an A.uD to add/remove licenses, even if you have a friendly A.uD, it is a PITA to go on a 40 mile round trip, for a 5 minute job, plus Roger ALD’s can be had fairly cheaply on eBay, if you have your own Roger X & Installer, you can move licenses around to different aids or backup aids, I saw a newish Roger X (03) receiver today on eBay for £69 (buy it now) that’s a good deal… Cheers Kev :wink:

1 Like

@kevels55
Yes I got an installer off ebay, and now have 4 RogerXs installed in P90 & M70 aids. I paid £135

Once Phonak brought out Marvels with Roger Direct, it just shows how incredibly greedy they are. The technology is already in the aids, but they still want you to spend hundreds/thousands, to just switch it on. Some would say that the R&D has to be paid for, but it’s hardly new technology is it?

Peter

2 Likes

Agreed @PeterH, although Sonova Holding AG (aka Phonak) military research department, probably had the American Military pay for most of the Rogers initial R&D costs? As you so rightly said, the Roger direct receivers are onboard the aids, only the licenses are missing! Phonak could possibly unshackle these ALD’s, for the benefit of all the HOH, at most probably no extra cost to themselves… But greed & avarice prevents helping many of this world’s HOH, simply because Roger is beyond their means! It is not as if the Roger ALD’s are cheap, but you have to pay twice in order to activate the Roger system… And one license isn’t enough, you need 2 for Roger to be effective… Folks might be struggling to find a similar buying system, where you pay for an item that doesn’t work, unless you pay again to activate it with licensing!!! Come on Phonak, you are taking the proverbial piss out of the worlds HOH… :face_with_thermometer:

3 Likes

Well, they’re taking the actual money out our pockets…that’s for sure.

2 Likes

@kevels55

There’s a button in the Roger Upgrader Software that allows you to get more licenses from 1 x Roger iN.

That button is available for everyone to use.

1 x Roger On iN has got me 10 x licenses.

4 for myself.
2 for my Step Mum.
2 each for my friends who are twins.

5 Likes

Brilliant… That is indeed good news Ruth, and sounds extremely promising… A wee tutorial wouldn’t go amiss please, although I don’t have any Roger “In” devices… I am sure others might benefit from your advice @michael1 & @1Bluejay would I’m sure be interested how to attain other Roger licenses, from the one Roger “In” device, please do elaborate :wink:

2 Likes

@michael1 and @1Bluejay already are aware.

Roger Upgrader Software 1.27

The button is within the Read Device Data.
There is a button to Retrieve Roger Receivers.

I haven’t lost any Roger Licenses / Receivers by doing this and I’ve put 2 more within my Roger On iN and Table Mic II iN.

@kevels55

I haven’t transferred any more licenses back out of my Table Mic, only the On but according to the Table Mic, there are 2 more licenses in there.

2 Likes

Thank you Ruth, I’m much obliged for that information :grin: I have just bought a cheap second hand Roger Select “In” from eBay (literally minutes ago) with a dodgy battery, I will change the battery, it’s on order from Amazon… Thank you again for that information… :grin:

2 Likes

@kevels55

I don’t know if there is a newer Roger Upgrader Software?

The button may have disappeared on a newer version of the software?

1 Like

Hi Ruth, I have the older version I believe? I have it running just now, so all is well :grin:

1 Like

Doesn’t work for the pen In unfortunately.

@michael1

Do the lights show that 2 receivers have gone back into the Pen?

Have you got the 1.27 software?

Just checked mine on the software and despite having no receivers before hand as they were used, this is what mine currently says.

I don’t have any more hearing aids or know anyone else who has Phonak Aids to test again until I get the L90 Aids.

IMG_3178
IMG_3179

More than once someone has mentioned that Roger IN can have a maximum of 2 licenses. But that doesn’t mean you can’t use multiple hearing aids.

When you no longer want to use it, you must transfer the license back to Roger’s device.

To be honest, I don’t like it at all, and I still don’t understand why they need it?
I will prefer to switch to starkey or another if possible. And they have something like roger accessories.

@Zebras , latest software-not sure of version.
If you remember I lost a license to Phonak, still pursuing that.
Lihgts confirm only 1 license installed. just in case i bought an X to replace it.

@michael1

It might that it can only transfer two licenses at a time?

The button says receivers and not receiver which is why I’m thinking it?

1 Like

So if I empty it you think it might work?

2 Likes

Give it a go @michael1, if it doesn’t work you can reinstall the single license back into the Roger Pen “In” :wink:

Does that only work if you have a table mic II IN . … I can not get it to work with just a ON IN ???