Phonak P90 trial hearing aids

you know, the hearing aid doesn’t count the days of use, it doesn’t know that 6 weeks have passed, so it stops. It measures the hours of use, for a hearing aid 1 day can be 14 hours, this is just an example, it is about 588 hours in total if you count all 6 weeks. I mentioned this because I used the hearing aids for a very long time, sometimes even at night, so that the period of use was reduced to more than a month. If you use the hearing aid less hours a day, it will last longer than those 6 weeks. He does not know how to count the days, but he knows how to count the hours of use.

maybe that’s why some thought that the trial version can be turned off in the software to be the permanent version.

2 Likes

Well, I have to correct myself. I did see the note about the trials expiring in six weeks when I changed the windblock settings.
We will see…
Rob

1 Like

Confirmed, left aid started playing some short sequence today, seems to be once every hour so far. I’m using left one more so i guess that’s why it started first.

@nidjo How bad, sorry to hear.
Mine were not sold as Trials, but I could see the print was removed.
I do not have them anymore so I cannot say a thing about it now. In the time I used them I had no issues. But still remember I programmed them several times, so this could be a cause…

it’s fine, i knew what i was buying and i was aware i’ll be required to connect/reset trial period once a month :slight_smile:
price was more than fine and i don’t mind that small inconvenience - i plan on purchasing trial versions in the future.

1 Like

Exactly, this is the point, they can be brought so cheap on eBay (Lumity pair for $100!) that having to reset every 6 weeks is not a game changer for most.

4 Likes

I can’t find any listings on Ebay for the Trials.
How did you find them? I would be grateful for a hint.
Possibly depending on what country is being searched from?

Oh I wouldn’t know what’s on right now, but this was something I’d seen when looking for another set a while back.
Keep looking they pop up every now and then, this is the USA site

1 Like

I just purchased a set of trial P90s for a couple of hundred dollars. I got them as backups for my L90s. I have target so no problem resetting them. My question: They came with two Roger type 2 licenses installed so, do all trials have Roger licenses installed and can you reclaim them with the Roger installer?

Very good question, I’ve never heard of a “trial” receiver (licence) I wonder if you’ve scored a real bargain!

@tenkan

@raylock1

This has been reported that all Phonak trial Aids have Roger licenses.
Not sure if you can transfer tho. Quite possible with a Roger iN device?

Hang on, 02 receivers so iN Roger won’t work.

People have said that the empty Roger X receivers need to be the correct one to retrieve the licence from the hearing aid so may not be possible.

If you already have a Roger iN Mic, then just follow this step to get more licenses for free.

@raylock1

Hopefully Phonak hasn’t produced an upgrade to the software and got rid of this button.

I don’t see that button on my copy of the Roger Upgrader Software. Maybe it has been removed from current versions.

You have to read the microphone first before the button shows.

Software 1.27. It was the latest a few weeks ago.

Just checked. It’s still current.

I have version 1.27 and tried both automatic upgrade and manual upgrade. Did not see any buttons when I connected the Roger ON iN or the Roger Select iN. I may just be late to the party :frowning:

@raylock1

Nothing to do with firmware update.

You have the Read Device, then it’ll give you an option of reading the receivers or the microphone. Select to read data from the microphone.

Thanks Zebras. I was able to reclaim licenses for two of my Roger On iN’s. Sorry to be a dunce but thanks for guiding me through this.
Ray

1 Like

Excellent :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

hi, where you got P90 trials from? i’m looking for naida L90 trials…

I got them on Ebay. They appear periodically.