Phonak Roger Select iN: Can I put one license on one Marvel & leave the other in the Select?

@ggreenone

Follow the instructions in this PDF-Guide for Roger Select iN

See this PDF-Guide for information about Roger ON iN, Roger Pen iN, Roger Table Mic II iN, and the Select iN

1 Like

@ggreenone Turn the Select on then look at the back. You will see a connect button. Immediately to the right of the connect button is a little light (it actually looks like a hole). Farther to the right in the middle of the small outlined area is a small hole. Insert a tool or paperclip into the hole. You will see the little light next to the connect button flash. Two flashes=two licenses, one flash=one license and a red flash=no licenses. BTW, if you see a Bluetooth symbol where the tiny hole should be, the Select is not an iN model.

Thank you SO much; you have no idea how grateful I am for your response. I followed your instructions and found that there are no licenses in this Select although advertised as “new” “open box” and as a Phone Roger Select iN. The light was certainly bright red! Now I’m attempting to get a refund! If I can’t get the refund, I guess I’m stuck and will have to purchase another item with the licenses since I bought this because I need the licenses. If I can’t get the refund, what would you suggestion be for me to do next. Again, I appreciate your help. Thank you again.

Before you panic, you should be able to replace the missing licenses at no cost. Go to phonak.com and download roger upgrader. Attach the Select and then select “read device data” once you select USB device you should see an option to update licenses. Normally, there are 5 sets of licenses available for download. (that is if the seller has not already done that 5 times). (Thanks @Zebras for leading me through this process)
If they are not available, you should be able to get help from Ebay (if that is where you bought it) because it is not a Select iN as advertised eg missing important functional parts.

1 Like

Direct download link for Roger Upgrader v1.25
Link to Phonak Roger Upgrader 1.25 english website

Roger Upgrader 1.27 is available on the Phonak Pro Brasil Website

@ggreenone
In this thread you find the information how to obtain more Receiver licenses for your Select iN by connecting the microphone to PC with Roger Upgrader.

• Download Roger Upgrader 1.27 on your PC
  • install Roger Upgrader
  • connect the Roger Microphone via USB
  • open Roger Upgrader
    Go to Read Device Data.
    There is a button: Retrieve Roger Receivers.
  • Click “Retrieve Roger Receivers” to get one new receiver inside the microphone.
  • Click “Retrieve Roger Receivers” again, to get another receiver license

Thank you. I followed your instructions. Got to READ DEVICE DATA. then got a screen that said Roger Touchscreen or Roger inspiro must be properly connected to PC. Then it said Place Roger receiver close to Roger Touchscreen or Roger inspiro. I just went ahead and said “continue” then got a red screen that said Roger Touchscreen or Roger inspiro could not be detected. That’s as far as I could go. What am I missing?

I am confused… Roger Touchscreen & Roger Inspiro (I have both of these) they require Roger X (type 02) or educational receivers, they have to be installed with a Roger Installer type 03 receivers do not work! Cheers Kev :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I thought the trick only works on Roger On iN and Roger Select iN!!! :thinking:
Or am I wong? :confused:

@ggreenone

This happened to me. Just read device again.

2 Likes

@ggreenone Select USB devices, not Roger receivers (you are connected via USB)

@Baltazard

Works with my Phonak Table Mic II iN as well.

2 Likes

just realized I downloaded 1.25 not 1.27. So I have now downloaded 1.27 but now I get an error that says 1311 source file not found & can’t go forward with the installation. Can you tell me what that means? (I feel so dumb; please excuse my mistake)

@ggreenone
What roger do you have?
Does it work properly?
Does it hold charge and work without cable?
Can the roger upgrader 1.27 access the internet and is not blocked by the windows firewall/antivirus?
Do you have the right USB cable connecting the roger to the windows machine?

@ggreenone error 1311 is a windows installation error. I suggest you do a fresh download and try again. Here is a source. Roger Upgrader Support| PhonakPro

I just bought the Select iN. Tested it and no licenses. Cannot return it. So I don’t know if it works. I know I can charge it, but don’t know about holding the charge, etc. I’m now wondering about 1.25 being block by firewall! I’ll have to figure out how to shut the firewall down for the time being – not technical so I’ll have to ask. Right cable is connected, I know that. I can do the fresh download and try again. I have downloaded the 1.25 so I’ll remove that before redoing the 1.27. thank you, thank you.

did you try selecting usb rather than roger with 1.25?

OMG, thank you everyone! Deleted all upgrader files; rebooted laptop; downloaded 1.27. there was a file included in the download with “info”. Unzipped that file. Did the installation & it worked! You were right; had to choose usb rather than roger. I now have 2 licenses in my Select! Now I have to figure out how to transfer those licenses to my hearing aids, right? Do you have any simple instructions for that or suggestions? Thank you all again. You’re all great and so kind. Thank you.

2 Likes

When I first did the 1.25, it was all I could find, I did not select the usb – it didn’t occur to me. Now with the 1.27, I did select usb. It said there were 5 licenses available; I took two. I tested the Select and sure enough there are two. thank you.

1 Like

@ggreenone Congratulations! Glad you hung in there and it worked for you. I don’t remember what hearing aids you have but I assume they are one of the last generations of Phonak. If that is correct the remainder is quite easy. Actually there are some YouTube videos that show you how. But these are the steps as I remember (others will correct me if I am wrong). First turn your hearing aids off and plan on transferring one aid at a time. Put your tool/paperclip in the same hole that you used to check the licenses. Hold it a couple of seconds longer and the Select should go into transfer mode. Then turn on ONE aid and place it next to the Select. There will be some indication or sound (don’t remember). When the transfer to that aid is complete, turn that aid off and turn the other one on and place it near the Select until the final transfer is made. You have to do one aid at a time because the licenses can be transferred back to the Select. Transfer is made from a filled slot to an empty slot in either direction and you want to avoid just transferring them back and forth. Good Luck and Good Hearing.