Phonak Roger Select iN: Can I put one license on one Marvel & leave the other in the Select?

I only wear 1 x Marvel HA and I’m thinking about getting a Select iN.

Can the other license stay on/in the Select ready for when I upgrade or will I have to transfer it on to another HA?

1 Like

I didn’t understand your parts around ‘or’, but I think the answer you’re looking for is - yes, you can use only one licence and the other one stays in select.

Basically transfer is done aid by aid, so there’s nothing stopping you from transferring just one and leaving it like that.

Works fine. Except you won’t get that signal in the other side so your brain might be confused and tired eg select and streaming were my main reasons for wearing two aids. But at the beginning I tested select with only one.

Yes. Can also transfer back to Select. But if don’t need both you can save a few $$ and get non IN and one license .

Depends on the country. In germany iN and regular select cost the same, around 1000 eur and one licence is around 600 eur IIRC. You definitely need to do the research :smiley:

When a new Select iN is purchased does it always come with two license?

Yes
If you only need one ask about Roger installation via Roger X instead, it can save you €€€

Help…I just purchased a Roger Select iN. While it is connected to the charger, the green lights in the circle are on solid. However, when I remove it from the charger and press the power on button, nothing happens. Also, when connected to the charger, the green lights stay on the whole time. Never do anything to indicate it is charged. Thanks in advance for any help.

Before you can use the device you have to install the receiver codes into the hearing aids. Then you have to pair the hearing aids and the device. Have you performed these steps? If not, here are the install instructions:
https://www.phonakpro.com/content/dam/phonakpro/gc_nz/en/overall/documents/forms/3.%20Fast%20Fit%20RogerDirect_RogerSelectiN_InstallationGuide_201908.pdf

You can do a search on Youtube and find pairing instructions.

Good luck!

Just purchased the Select On In. Was trying to make sure there are 2 licenses inside it. I put the pin into that small hole for a second, but where do I see the lights for indicating 2 licenses or none? Does the Select have to be charged and on? I followed the instructions but can’t figure out where I’ll see those red or green lights. Can you explain this to me in simple terms because I’m just not knowledgeable about this tech stuff. I’m just trying to be able to hear! Thank you for helping.

1 Like

@kevels55 has the Select iN. He will be able to help you @ggreenone

You can get more licenses from the Roger Upgrader Software (free to download). Useful if you have more than one set of HAs.

1 Like

ggreenone, I’m sorry but that was a detailed procedure and it was three years ago and I have no recollection of how I did it. But I do recall following the directions, and things went smoothly. I remember because I thought, “Wow, with an ebay purchase I don’t have a lot of recourse if something goes wrong… Whew, worked!”. Sounds like kevels55 may have answers for you.

Good luck!

1 Like

It’s been a few months since I did this… The Select iN must be switched on, you do one aid at a time, switch on desired aid, hold or place it close to the select iN, press the Select button with the pin, hold it down, until it starts to flash on the back of the Select, green if I remember correctly? Once it goes solid Red, I believe, the license is transferred… Switch off that aid, switch off the Select, switch the Select back on, switch the other aid on, and repeat the process by holding down the the Select button with the pin…. I hope that helps… Cheers Kev :wink:

1 Like

@ggreenone

Follow the instructions in this PDF-Guide for Roger Select iN

See this PDF-Guide for information about Roger ON iN, Roger Pen iN, Roger Table Mic II iN, and the Select iN

1 Like

@ggreenone Turn the Select on then look at the back. You will see a connect button. Immediately to the right of the connect button is a little light (it actually looks like a hole). Farther to the right in the middle of the small outlined area is a small hole. Insert a tool or paperclip into the hole. You will see the little light next to the connect button flash. Two flashes=two licenses, one flash=one license and a red flash=no licenses. BTW, if you see a Bluetooth symbol where the tiny hole should be, the Select is not an iN model.

Thank you SO much; you have no idea how grateful I am for your response. I followed your instructions and found that there are no licenses in this Select although advertised as “new” “open box” and as a Phone Roger Select iN. The light was certainly bright red! Now I’m attempting to get a refund! If I can’t get the refund, I guess I’m stuck and will have to purchase another item with the licenses since I bought this because I need the licenses. If I can’t get the refund, what would you suggestion be for me to do next. Again, I appreciate your help. Thank you again.

Before you panic, you should be able to replace the missing licenses at no cost. Go to phonak.com and download roger upgrader. Attach the Select and then select “read device data” once you select USB device you should see an option to update licenses. Normally, there are 5 sets of licenses available for download. (that is if the seller has not already done that 5 times). (Thanks @Zebras for leading me through this process)
If they are not available, you should be able to get help from Ebay (if that is where you bought it) because it is not a Select iN as advertised eg missing important functional parts.

1 Like

Direct download link for Roger Upgrader v1.25
Link to Phonak Roger Upgrader 1.25 english website

Roger Upgrader 1.27 is available on the Phonak Pro Brasil Website

@ggreenone
In this thread you find the information how to obtain more Receiver licenses for your Select iN by connecting the microphone to PC with Roger Upgrader.

• Download Roger Upgrader 1.27 on your PC
  • install Roger Upgrader
  • connect the Roger Microphone via USB
  • open Roger Upgrader
    Go to Read Device Data.
    There is a button: Retrieve Roger Receivers.
  • Click “Retrieve Roger Receivers” to get one new receiver inside the microphone.
  • Click “Retrieve Roger Receivers” again, to get another receiver license

Thank you. I followed your instructions. Got to READ DEVICE DATA. then got a screen that said Roger Touchscreen or Roger inspiro must be properly connected to PC. Then it said Place Roger receiver close to Roger Touchscreen or Roger inspiro. I just went ahead and said “continue” then got a red screen that said Roger Touchscreen or Roger inspiro could not be detected. That’s as far as I could go. What am I missing?

I am confused… Roger Touchscreen & Roger Inspiro (I have both of these) they require Roger X (type 02) or educational receivers, they have to be installed with a Roger Installer type 03 receivers do not work! Cheers Kev :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: