Phonak Roger Select iN: Can I put one license on one Marvel & leave the other in the Select?

I thought the trick only works on Roger On iN and Roger Select iN!!! :thinking:
Or am I wong? :confused:

@ggreenone

This happened to me. Just read device again.

2 Likes

@ggreenone Select USB devices, not Roger receivers (you are connected via USB)

@Baltazard

Works with my Phonak Table Mic II iN as well.

2 Likes

just realized I downloaded 1.25 not 1.27. So I have now downloaded 1.27 but now I get an error that says 1311 source file not found & can’t go forward with the installation. Can you tell me what that means? (I feel so dumb; please excuse my mistake)

@ggreenone
What roger do you have?
Does it work properly?
Does it hold charge and work without cable?
Can the roger upgrader 1.27 access the internet and is not blocked by the windows firewall/antivirus?
Do you have the right USB cable connecting the roger to the windows machine?

@ggreenone error 1311 is a windows installation error. I suggest you do a fresh download and try again. Here is a source. Roger Upgrader Support| PhonakPro

I just bought the Select iN. Tested it and no licenses. Cannot return it. So I don’t know if it works. I know I can charge it, but don’t know about holding the charge, etc. I’m now wondering about 1.25 being block by firewall! I’ll have to figure out how to shut the firewall down for the time being – not technical so I’ll have to ask. Right cable is connected, I know that. I can do the fresh download and try again. I have downloaded the 1.25 so I’ll remove that before redoing the 1.27. thank you, thank you.

did you try selecting usb rather than roger with 1.25?

OMG, thank you everyone! Deleted all upgrader files; rebooted laptop; downloaded 1.27. there was a file included in the download with “info”. Unzipped that file. Did the installation & it worked! You were right; had to choose usb rather than roger. I now have 2 licenses in my Select! Now I have to figure out how to transfer those licenses to my hearing aids, right? Do you have any simple instructions for that or suggestions? Thank you all again. You’re all great and so kind. Thank you.

2 Likes

When I first did the 1.25, it was all I could find, I did not select the usb – it didn’t occur to me. Now with the 1.27, I did select usb. It said there were 5 licenses available; I took two. I tested the Select and sure enough there are two. thank you.

1 Like

@ggreenone Congratulations! Glad you hung in there and it worked for you. I don’t remember what hearing aids you have but I assume they are one of the last generations of Phonak. If that is correct the remainder is quite easy. Actually there are some YouTube videos that show you how. But these are the steps as I remember (others will correct me if I am wrong). First turn your hearing aids off and plan on transferring one aid at a time. Put your tool/paperclip in the same hole that you used to check the licenses. Hold it a couple of seconds longer and the Select should go into transfer mode. Then turn on ONE aid and place it next to the Select. There will be some indication or sound (don’t remember). When the transfer to that aid is complete, turn that aid off and turn the other one on and place it near the Select until the final transfer is made. You have to do one aid at a time because the licenses can be transferred back to the Select. Transfer is made from a filled slot to an empty slot in either direction and you want to avoid just transferring them back and forth. Good Luck and Good Hearing.

@ggreenone
How to transfer the licenses to your hearing aids
You need hearing aids with “Roger direct
Roger Direct Compatibility – Roger Direct currently works with Phonak Marvel (M90, M70, M50, M30), Phonak Paradise (P90, P70, P50, P30), Phonak Lumity (L90, L70, L50, L30), NHS Phonak Nathos Nova, Unitron Discover Next (DX), Unitron Blu (B) and Specsavers Advance 470, 670, 770 and 870. Across all BTE and RIC (on the ear) and in the ear versions that are bluetooth compatible. If the in the ear model has a 312 battery it might be Roger Direct compatible, with a size 10 battery definitely not.

Follow the instructions in this PDF-Guide for Roger Select iN

2 Likes

I now have the licenses installed in my Select. Now I will need to re-read directions to see just how to use this. We are having friends over tonight for dessert so I’ll test it out then! Thank you again, all of you. I wouldn’t have gotten this far without all your advice and help.

Don’t forget to "connect " the select to your aids to use it.

@ggreenone Once you have the licenses installed in your aids, you may still need to connect the Select with your aids. this entails holding the Select near your aids (couple of inches) while holding the connect button on the back of the Select.

All is connected. When I did the license install to the Select, it automatically connected to my hearing aids. Experimented w/my husband. They work! He talking in one room & me hearing him in another! Tonight will be the big test in our living room with 6 others & then at our dining room table with 8 of us sitting there and talking! I’m praying this will work & I’ll finally be able to hear everyone. Next test will be a restaurant on Wed. Now I’m wondering if there is some way to connect this to a set of ear phones I now use for TV. I’d like to be able to connect the Select to the headphones rather than the back of the TV. That way I can use each when I want to and/or I can use the Select & my husband can use the headphones at the same time. Do you think this is possible? or is there some sort of adapter to be able to connect both to the back of our very old TV (not a smart TV). I can’t tell you enough how thankful I am!

Here is a page where you can find and download the manual for the Select IN (Be sure to select the IN version) Check out page 21 and following for how to hook the Select to your TV. You need an optical cable (very inexpensive if you don’t have one) then you listen through the hearing aids. Toslink (optical) connectors have been around for a long time so it is a good bet that your TV has one.

If the Select works for you, you may want to check out Ebay for a Roger On (You will not need a Roger On iN since you already have licenses installed). Roger On’s have even more utility than the Select (IMO).
Good hearing :grinning:

Yes, I saw that. But right now our headphones are plugged into the back of our TV. I would like to plug in the Select, but I don’t want to remove the headphone connection. I’m wondering if there’s a way to plug them both into the TV and use them both at the same time.

Do you have a Toslink/optical connection on your TV? Is that what is being used for the headphones or is that a regular audio plug on your TV?