Phonak Roger Select iN: Can I put one license on one Marvel & leave the other in the Select?

I don’t know. Can you describe what it would look like? Our TV is not a smart TV; it’s very old. I’ll have to go look behind to see what’s there and see where the headphones are plugged in. I don’t know what a Toslink/optical is.

@ggreenone

My friend has your situation and he just used a headphone splitter. Easiest and cheapest option.

1 Like

@ggreenone Here is a picture of a ToslinK / optical connector and cable. These will give you better sound than the regular sound cable connection with not much lag (time between lip movement on the screen and actually hearing the words) If you don’t have this connection, Zebras suggestion is good.
toslink

2 Likes

I thought there should be some sort of splitter I could use, but then looked at the back of our TV and wondered where I’d use it. I wanted to attach a couple of pics of the back of our tv with all the wires but I can’t figure out how to add a pic.

@ggreenone
Klick Reply and then klick the symbol for Upload to upload pictures

You get a new window in there you need to select the desired picture files from the location of your hard drive

1 Like

thank you so much. here goes the 3 pictures I was talking about of the back of our TV.

You need a Toslink to Mini Toslink Digital Optical Audio Cable to connect the Optical out connection on your TV (one with the white label optical) to the Roger Select. If you don’t have one they are about $12 to $15 on Amazon.

Well, I’m back. So sorry to be such a pest. I went t EBAY and of course there are tons of these out there. Some are like 50 ft. Chose one I thought would do it but the reviews were awful. Then some say s/pdif, whatever that is. From what I figured out, that was something that supposedly make the sound better! Is there anything specific I should look for? Do you know of one that would work?

I am not much help here. I just went to Amazon and ordered the first one which was 3 feet that I found. Not had a problem. I am sure just about everybody here knows more than I do about the quality of these things. Maybe someone else can help.

Where the headphones are plugged in. Then plug the headphones back into the splitter.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you. Ordered and will try tomorrow.

1 Like

If your husband have good hearing and want also connect to the Roger mixrophone he can get Roger Focus II , these devices work like a headset. It is like a heaing aid without amplification but with Roger receiver inside to connect to every roger microphone. Caveat: this solution is somewhat expensive , especialy if you want it for both ears

What a great thought. However, because of all the issues I have with hearing aids, he refuses to even think about hearing aids or anything like it. He even refuses to use headphones for the TV. He sometimes struggles with hearing, but doesn’t want to put up with all that I’ve had to put up with. Had a car accident (not even my fault), the noise of that crash is what left me with this hearing issue. At the time, I was completely deaf for a couple of days and then hearing began to come back slowly but never to full hearing. Since then hearing aids and here I am, on my fourth set trying to just “hear”. I’ve had good success with the Select, but tried it in a noisy restaurant the other day and that didn’t work at all. But with friends in the house at the table or in the living/family rooms, it worked. Thought I’d try the Neckloop receiver because I have coils in my HAs, but purchased it, paid for it, never got it although seller insists he sent it! Now dealing with EBAY/seller. I’d also like to try the ON, but it’s so pricey. Thanks though for this thought; I’m going to look into it further. I wonder if it would work for me!

The Roger ON in the table mode works in a restaurant about like the Select. No better or worse, IMO. Where it does work better is when there is a one on one conversation in a restaurant and can be used in the pointing mode. Example, my wife setting next to me and talking to a her girlfriend across the table and I am talking to her significant other across from me. Again, too much noise and the Roger On or the Select will pick it up and will therefore not be very helpful… But not all restaurant visits have all that much noise. In more reasonable situations with some noise but not having a ruckus group or a screaming kid at the next table both devices can be helpful. For a larger group, again in a managed noise situation, I find that the Roger Table Mic II is helpful and sometimes I network two of them together. Ebay is great for picking up cheap stuff from time to time :wink:.
Good Hearing