Rechargeable Lumity Life NOT holding its charge anymore

Have just scanned through this apoligies if this has already been sorted/discussed - If your lumity aids are only giving you a few hours then something is wrong. Adding the charger into the mix can be challenging as now there is another part of the equipment chain which can potentially cause an issue. Might be best to send the whole lot back to phonak for warranty repair

I am in pretty much the same situation: 2 pairs of identical Lumity Life aids (both now going in to my audi as neither pair will hold a charge more than 3-4 hrs) and my older Marvel battery aids. All 3 of these are go-to aids, and I am BLESSED to have them for wear as needed.

I never EVER thought I’d need my battery aids as backup to TWO pairs of rechargeable aids, but there ya are! Speaks volumes for reliability in the battery vs rechargeable battle.

1 Like

OK, GOT IT. My two Phonak Lumity Life aids have a different side “master” set up.

I’m just glad I got them in two different colors, cuz the probs I’m having with the charging issue and 2 charging stations is becoming like a 4-dimensional game of chess.

I wouldn’t sweat it if I were SPOCK, but I’m not. :robot:

This with charging is very similar to the problems that the KS10 had, are the chargers the same as the batteries that the KS10 has?
Something is wrong here, I would like to hear what and how phonak will fix it.

by the way, I think this is proof that the batteries in hearing aids must be replaceable like changing the receiver, so that it can be repaired more practically.

1 Like

@1Bluejay: I’ve read your Posts-Chock-Full-'o-Love to Lumify, and I have read literally dozens of other posts narrating your (interesting) HA escapades and adventures. You seem to be somewhat factual and objective, beneath the hyperbole. But this Lumify Loyalty has me stumped.

I’m just not sure yet that I buy it … and no offence is intended. (I find your contributions amusing snd thought-provoking, FWIW)

OK! Hours later! Hubs got out a USB-C tester, plugged it in to each of the the Phonak Lumity Life charging base adapters and found … they both work A-OK!

I got nearly identical readings on them as pictured here (appx 5 volts, 0.07 amps):

If anyone wants to buy a similar USB-C tester, he bought this one at eBay:

4 Likes

WOW These must be the metres @jim_lewis raves about! Are they kossly?

(Meaning - I wonder what USD$47.xx costs FOB destinations in :canada: Canada :canada:)

[I live in :canada:, BTW]

@1Bluejay: I’m quoting you here, because it’s the prime example of why I have no compunction about accepting Marvel owners’ accolades at their face value - this model seems to have provided stellar performance and reliability to Marvel users for years. Lumify … meh … not so much.

1 Like

@1Bluejay: Now, I know you like blaming your Lumify troubles on the broader issue of rechargeable vs disposable, but I wish that you’d adopt the more rational approach that we Oticonians have adopted: namely that Oticon and Phonaq have been remiss in their due diligence by releasing models that - by virtue of their inferior batteries - are not "fit for purpose", and “call them up onto the carpet” for doing so!

1 Like

An email I received from a previous VA Audiologist that checks on me even though I have not been in the clinic she works at for over 5 years. She and I did research that found some of my deeper hearing issues. She is at a conference and the subject of one of the lectures was hearing aid life without disposable batteries. She says that it is being forced on the companies to not even plan on there being zinc oxide button batteries available within the next few years. She said this could easily eliminate CIC, and IIC aids.

1 Like

@cvkemp: Watch out Chuck! or the O.T.G. will confiscate your papers!

1 Like

Sorry for passing on bad news, my comment back was there has to be a 1000% improvement in battery life and usability of the batteries.

For those who may be on the verge of soiling themselves, believing the last few posts to be * gasp * :scream: off-topic, the OP says that the subject has been beaten to death - but not that it is irrelevant to her discussion.

(I’ll leave it to @1Bluejay or @rasmus_braun to correct …)

Just replace the .com in the link with .ca.

@prodigyplace : Thank You, Sir!

1 Like

@1Bluejay

Here’s the issue, quite possibly.

This has been mentioned a few times to you. Don’t connect your phone to your Aids for the day and see what happens.

There’s been many reports of Android 12 issue.

2 Likes

Can she send you more info e.g. the materials from the presentation, or the name of the person who presented? I tried searching for various combinations of “hearing aid battery” or “zinc air battery” with “phaseout” or “ban”. The only relevant hits I found involved the mercury battery phaseout, and something from 2004 about the EU wanting to ban hearing aid batteries because of lead content.

2 Likes

@x475aws , @cvkemp , Yes, (FWIW) I concur…

Two words: YE. GODS.
So it has come to that. And yet I bet I’m not the only Alien amongst us who needs 16 hrs per day of being able to HEAR. I have phone calls to make/receive, folks to talk to, entertainment in the evening. What are we to do if the rechargeables NEVER live up to our needs? It could get grim.

2 Likes

I live in dread of a call coming in with BT off. It takes a good minute or more to get BT on, go to settings, select the aid I have on, re-connect. Acoustic Phone is okay, but I get SO many calls from others on cell phones with horrid connections. That’s why - like a baby with my pacifier - I keep BT on, aids paired & connected so any split second I get a call I can stream with ease.

Even if that was the answer, it wouldn’t be sustainable for me to never have BT on. On top of which, why has this odd battery drain started just 4 days ago? I’ve been using the two pairs of Life aids interchangeably throughout the day for a few months now.

That is the mystery I hope to get to the bottom of.

1 Like