Phonak users who DON'T use autosense

That’s what my remote programmer did during my last adjustment - set the autosense to start in Calm Environment but it hasn’t been long enough since the change for me to decide if its working better for me. There’s been no problem with that setting I just need time to slow down enough so that I can evaluate it.

How do you turn off Autosense? I’ve only been wearing my Audeo P90s for two weeks and I’m ready to go back to my 6 year old Rextons that were gifted to me. And apparently you can’t turn off the Autosense jingles when the program switches which is driving me nuts!

My Phonak App ===> Devices ===> My Hearing Aids ===> Scroll Down ===> AUTO ON Change settings.

You can’t turn off AutoSense completely but you can turn off hearing aids starting up in AutoSense automitcally. The HAs will noot up in the last program that was used.

Strictly amateur, but since you mentioned photagrapy. :grin:

I bought a Canon R8 (mirrorless, full frame) and a Canon RF 24-105 F/4 L lens. Best setup ive ever had. Very, very happy with this purchase. Canon RF lenses are made for mirrorless (R) Canon cameras.

I could do better bokeh with the F/2.8 lens, but i dont really “need” faster.

First ever camera and I’ve just bought a Sony A7II about 4 days ago.

Haven’t used it yet, as I’m in hospital. :rofl:

1 Like

I personally like Autosense. Works flawlessly for me. Here is a cool trick someone else mentioned:

Open the myPhonak app while in Autosense. Hit the “Adjust Program” button at the bottom of the Home Screen. Now look at the top of the screen and the app with show you what automatic program Autosense has selected and allow you to make adjustments. Here is a screenshot:

Jordan

2 Likes

Sorry to hear about the hospital stay, Zebras. Hope you will be up and about soon, taking amazing pictures with the Sony!

1 Like

Sorry to hear you are not feeling well. With Sony Camera, you will soon be shooting wonderful photos and have an enjoyable time. Take care and all the best.

Could this be because folks that went with M & P versions liked (or at least tolerated) them as they were? I trialed both in the past and hated them but now have the Lumity and the key difference for me was autosense 5.0 being less intrusive. I still notice the program changing but it’s less jarring. I am coming from the old Oticon Chilis for reference.

1 Like

You can, in Target, as I have. When you select the additional programme you wish to have as “startup”, just uncheck Autosense, and it’s gone.

It no longer comes up as an option, or shows up in the app.

Peter

1 Like

The reason that they don’t notice a big difference? Probably not? I don’t know what’s going on with the people here who are bothered by the automatic changes. jsemberger is quite angrily adamant that it is not a fit issue but. . . I’d be very tempted to say it’s a fit issue :laughing:. I have hundreds of patients in the M and P audeos who do not notice the program switching. If there are big differences between the automatic subprograms then for sure it is going to get pumpy. At the default settings the only thing I’ve found to be particularly noticable by a significant number of patients is the low frequency boost in the automatic music program. But these things are pretty easy to resolve with some minor programming tweaks. If you don’t like the beam forming, just turn it off and move it to a manual program. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

I agree @Neville. The only time I notice the automatic changes is when Lumity switches to either Speech in Loud Noise (Stereozoom 2.0) or the Music program. The Music program is the most noticeable because of the bass boost but I have noticed it takes about 30-60 seconds of continuous music before the hearing aids make the switch.

Jordan

I never really notice the program switching in my Naida Lumity 90’s, if I do it’s very subtle, so my hearing aids, are left in Autosense 5.0, on a fairly permanent basis… Cheers Kev :wink:

1 Like

It’s in the Target software - not the MyPhonak ap.

At some point today I was able to modify the order of the manual programs but since then I can’t figure it out. I finally got them in the order I want by deleting and adding. What I have now is 1 calm situation (startup), 2 comfort in noise and 3 music. So my aids start in the calm situation program and I can select one of the other ones with the button.

1 Like

I might have missed some entry, but is it possible to get autosense to keep the same volume settings. If I lower the volume to, for example, minus 2 and it then changes the program, the volume will automatically go to 0. This is sickeningly annoying and the devices keep going all the time.
This is especially annoying since the noise reduction is so different in the automatic programs. The fact that you can’t make and save changes in the automatic program yourself without Phonak Target doesn’t make things better since you have to visit the audiologist for that.

I also have a pair of Oticon Real 1 and am testing them and they are significantly better at most things, but I want the Phonak Audeo Life P90 precisely because the BT Classic works well with the job, but I can’t run around and adjust the devices all the time.

It looks as if the problem is that your audiologist does not have your devices properly fit at the default volume, so when it transitions to one of the other programs it is not giving enough volume, or the volume is too loud. This has happened to me at the past. For example, it would go into comfort in noise, reduce the volume, which was way to quiet.

Basically, this is a set up issue which is nothing to do with the underlying Autosense - the fit is wrong for your audiogram.

1 Like

I dont hear a jingle, or anything, when Autosense changes programs. I do hear a jingle if i manually change from Autosense to a manual program. I think you can turn off the manual program change sounds.

Ok. So what you say is that every program in Autosence need to be adjusted manually by the audiologist?
That´s looks a bit strange to me and very stupide setup by Phonak. The only thing that´s should change then it switch program is noise reduction and speech clearance. That should not affect the sound volum like this. My Oticon Real 1 do that without any changes of volume.

No. I think your entire set up is wrong. It is not just the case of individual programs. You need to have REM and/or your devices completely reprogrammed to fit your audiogram accurately. Once this is done, when Autosense changes programs in Automatic mode it should not have the effects you are experiencing.