Phonak TV Connector - Can't figure it out!

I wish I had done that as well! :sob: :sob:

Better late then never :slight_smile:

1 Like

How do you program them yourself? Through the app?

Hi - through Phonak Target, which I have.

ok thanks. Can anyone get the software or do you need to be an audiologist or a fitter?

You need programming device as well, and be a bit creative to get the software. It’s not intended for personal use :wink:

We have #hearing-aid-self-fitting-and-adjusting forum, peek there.

1 Like

Yeah, as @Blacky has said you need the programming device - Noahlink wireless is the one I use. Phonak Target you can get hold of on ebay for approx 40 to 50 dollars, at least if memory serves from 18 months back.

I think that would be an exceptional good price. New looks like $175-$200 and used maybe $100-$125? Not good at sorting out Ebay stuff.

Sorry - yes, 40 to 50 dollars for the software, and then 150 dollars approx for the Noahlink wireless.

Having a Problem Using TV Connector with ZOOM

I set up a Phonak TV-Connector on my desktop and it is working well. My plan is to use it for Zoom conferences and the like. However, I ran into a glitch and I’m hoping someone might be able to help.

I find that when I am giving a presentation, or talking for a few minutes, my aids will drop the connection because there hasn’t been a signal. As an aside, I have my aids set so that I need to initiate the connection through a press on the button on one of my aids.

During a conference call, if the connection is lost and I continue speaking, I don’t know if someone is interrupting with a question, and it makes it awkward when I am done and then have to re-establish the connection.

Does anyone have any ideas that might help out in this situation?

Thom

This thread may help you. RogerPM is one of our Phonak experts.

Raudrive,

THANKS. It looks like the workaround is to use the optical audio connector, for which I’ll need to add a device, available on Amazon: Behringer UCA202 U-Control Ultra low-latency 2 In/2 Out USB/Audio Interface

I’ve ordered it, although it appears to be back ordered. Fingers crossed!

Thom

1 Like

You weren’t specific about the model and year of your Mac. My mid-2012 MBPro fortunately has the dual port that can stream either optical or std audio. If so, all you will need is a cable with mini-toslink plugs on each end to connect the Mac to the Phonak TV Connector, as I was able to do. But at some point, Apple discontinued the optical internals (probably due to Jony Ive and his obsession with slimming the case down which led to many sins of omission) and left new purchasers with only standard audio out, in which case you will need an audio to optical converter between your Mac and the toslink cable. You can’t tell from the port - it will look the same either way. You will have to look in About this Mac/System Report to see whether you have built in optical audio.
Good luck!

Nate,

Actually, my desktop is a Dell–not a MAC or other Apple device.

So help me out on the battery drain using the Phonak TV connector. Let say I average watch TV four hours a day using Phonak TV connector. With a throw away battery, would I lose a day’s worth of battery power using a 675 battery? Two days worth of power? I know the Phonak TV connector is low drain, but still curious how it impact the length of battery life.

Sorry I guess I confused you with another poster’s issue here.

Hard to say. Lots of things affect battery life.
Your 675 batteries will probably last a couple weeks even with 4 hours of streaming each day with the TV connector.
Don’t think it will be an issue.
Good luck.

Despite good advice received here, I have concluded that the myPhonak app is way too fast to cut me off the TV Connector plugged into my laptop every time a speaker pauses speaking, or one Youtube news program or instructional video ends and another starts; and then way too slow to “re-find” my KS9s and put me back into TV Connector mode. Just too aggravating.
So I solved my problem another way - I disconnected the whole TV Connector setup and bought the new Wyze Headphones, wear them over my KS9s and everything is automatic and they also connect BOTH to the laptop’s bluetooth AND my phone’s bluetooth plus if I put my hand over the right earphone the connection switches to picking up my room conversation, so I don’t have to do anything to hear my sig/other. All problems solved and everything now is fast.
What a relief!
Still like my KS9s but really disappointed with the myPhonak app!

So what’s the true power source for the Phonak TV connector. Just USB plug in - that’s all. Or does TV connector have a internal battery. Of do I have to buy a power adapter, even though my TV is top line - two years old? Boy it would be nice if when you turned on TV, Phonak TV connector kicked on and then when TV turned of - TV connector turne off.

No internal battery. I’ve got mine plugged into the TV via USB and it works as you described: TV on, TV Connect is on.

3 Likes