[post deleted]

[this post has been deleted]

10 Likes

Yes, the path option is very important, some people with a lot of software installed may also have to disable the path length limit (at the end of the Python installer)

1 Like

So it’s not a good look to even make this suggestion to all the helpful members here on the forum, who have being helping people for many years with DIY you’ve only just joined to share your β€œscript”

We don’t have any problems on the forums, thanks for sharing your experience on this, seems pretty interesting.

1 Like

Yep, I know. I was suspicious too. Blue isn’t a scammer. He has more knowledge about this aspect of downloading than you and I combined. Give me a little more time to post another Scripts Tips post.

5 Likes

Sure ok, I mean it’s all a good idea, but the OP has just joined like a few hours ago, so it got me a little worried.

Ok, I’m sorry to accuse members of this forum of potentially doing that (they haven’t)… (I’ll probably edit that)

also, the script makes it easier to download software, before you had to do PMs and all that, and while granted, it isn’t that hard, this makes it significantly easier for newbies to download software easily (it is also more legal than the traditional method of sharing and downloading copyrighted content)

additionally, if you do not trust my script (understandable), it is entirely open source and you can see it yourself

btw, about my scripts β€œinstallation”, the only β€œ3rd party software” being installed is Python, which if you look it up isn’t malicious in any way

And also, my scripts don’t install anything, they only download files directly from Phonak/Sonova whatever’s servers

7 Likes

Thanks for replying, so ok I’ll hold off and see where it goes, the idea is good, but as you probably know, the forum has been a very good source of information for quite some time now and it would be unfortunate to see anything happen in this regard.

Quick note:

1. Your instructions just make it more sus lol, thanks windows defender and signing scripts (signing scripts costs a lost actually)
  2. The second time you clicked on start.bat on the β€œextract all” window, you do not click run the second time, once it is extracted you need to run it from the folder it was extracted to, you just ran the still-zipped one again…
3 Likes

You really boldified my disclaimer xD

Or maybe that was the markdown :thinking:

Fixed it by passing it through Notepad before posting.

3 Likes

Thank you everyone :pray:t2: :pray:t2: :pray:t2: :pray:t2: :pray:t2: :pray:t2: :pray:t2: :pray:t2: :pray:t2: :pray:t2: :pray:t2: :pray:t2: :pray:t2:
Much appreciated.

1 Like

This aged well؜؜؜؜؜؜؜؜ lol

Edit:
GitHub all releases

4 Likes

I’m assuming the Phonak Target Downloader is broken right now? Because I keep trying it over and over and it keeps closing the script with no errors. Meanwhile I tested Oticon Genie 1 and it starts the download.

Wierd, I’ll look into that, please post script output

I have fixed the bug now, redownload the latest script

1 Like

Hi
I am trying to download the Phinak Target but iam getting this message from the python terminal.

1. 8.0.2 The latest available Phonak Target verion
  2. manual Manually specify a version (WARNING: ADVANCED USERS ONLY)
    Please select a version: 0
    You have selected version (8.0.2) are you sure you want to download it? [Y/n] y

Downloading directory index
Downloading 15 files

Downloading 1031.mst (1/15): 100%|β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ| 335872/335872 [00:00<00:00, 4785430.11B/s]
Downloading 1033.mst (2/15): 100%|β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ| 20480/20480 [00:00<00:00, 21121058.75B/s]
Downloading 1034.mst (3/15): 100%|β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ| 327680/327680 [00:00<00:00, 3638049.28B/s]
Downloading 1036.mst (4/15): 100%|β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ| 335872/335872 [00:00<00:00, 2499732.55B/s]
Downloading Autorun.inf (5/15): 100%|β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ| 41/41 [00:00<00:00, 41081.33B/s]
Downloading Data1.cab (6/15): 24%|β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–Ž | 145129472/592756736 [00:29<01:29, 4985304.66B/s]
Traceback (most recent call last):
File β€œC:\Users\lars_\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python311\Lib\site-packages\urllib3\response.py”, line 443, in error_catcher
yield
File "C:\Users\lars
\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python311\Lib\site-packages\urllib3\response.py", line 566, in read
data = self.fp_read(amt) if not fp_closed else b""
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python311\Lib\site-packages\urllib3\response.py", line 532, in fp_read
return self.fp.read(amt) if amt is not None else self.fp.read()
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python311\Lib\http\client.py", line 465, in read
s = self.fp.read(amt)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python311\Lib\socket.py", line 705, in readinto
return self.sock.recv_into(b)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python311\Lib\ssl.py", line 1278, in recv_into
return self.read(nbytes, buffer)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python311\Lib\ssl.py", line 1134, in read
return self._sslobj.read(len, buffer)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
ssl.SSLError: [SSL: DECRYPTION_FAILED_OR_BAD_RECORD_MAC] decryption failed or bad record mac (_ssl.c:2546)

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File β€œC:\Users\lars_\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python311\Lib\site-packages\requests\models.py”, line 816, in generate
yield from self.raw.stream(chunk_size, decode_content=True)
File β€œC:\Users\lars_\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python311\Lib\site-packages\urllib3\response.py”, line 627, in stream
data = self.read(amt=amt, decode_content=decode_content)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File β€œC:\Users\lars_\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python311\Lib\site-packages\urllib3\response.py”, line 565, in read
with self.error_catcher():
\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python311\Lib\contextlib.py", line 155, in exit
self.gen.throw(typ, value, traceback)
File β€œC:\Users\lars_\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python311\Lib\site-packages\urllib3\response.py”, line 454, in _error_catcher
raise SSLError(e)
urllib3.exceptions.SSLError: [SSL: DECRYPTION_FAILED_OR_BAD_RECORD_MAC] decryption failed or bad record mac (_ssl.c:2546)

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File β€œC:\Users\lars_\Downloads\Universal-Hearing-Aid-Software-Downloader\Phonak Target Downloader.py”, line 94, in
libhearingdownloader.downloadFile(filesToDownload[fileToDownload], fileToDownload, β€œDownloading " + fileToDownload.split(”/")[-1] + " (" + str(currentFile) + β€œ/” + str(len(filesToDownload.keys())) + β€œ)”)
File β€œC:\Users\lars_\Downloads\Universal-Hearing-Aid-Software-Downloader\libhearingdownloader.py”, line 96, in downloadFile
for chunk in tqdm(fileData.iter_content(chunk_size=chunkSize), desc=downloadDescription, total=int(int(fileData.headers[β€˜content-length’])/chunkSize), unit=β€œB”, unit_scale=chunkSize):
File β€œC:\Users\lars_\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python311\Lib\site-packages\tqdm\std.py”, line 1195, in iter
for obj in iterable:
File β€œC:\Users\lars_\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python311\Lib\site-packages\requests\models.py”, line 824, in generate
raise RequestsSSLError(e)

HMm; It works for me (just now). When you installed Python did you check the box for
[ ] Add phthon.exe to PATH?

Interesting, it appears to be a problem at Phonak’s end xD with their certificate

Make sure you’ve got the latest version and try again
Thanks

Also, if you’re using a VPN/Proxy, consider disabling it as it may cause this error

Btw, the script wouldn’t run without the path thing, also, this appears to have been a problem in Phonak’s side lol