Phonak Lumity vs Oticon More

Yes and no, back when I joined a long time ago the search engine was non existent as in useless, what we have now is definitely way better, of course it’s not perfect but neither is Google!

Where the Siemens your first aids from the VA, they were mine. They were ITE with no controls not even a volume control and only one program, and no app but that was back before smartphones and connectivity other than t-coils.

So just like a google search, hearingtracker’s search engine you can’t put to many words in when you type.

So I think it’s time for a new post on this topic, just so we can help the mods improve/add to make it more people friendly.

@jonifoz I appreciate if you could let us know what are your though of Oticon More, once your tried them, compared to the Phonak paradise.
I suspect that it would not be much of difference between Paradise and Lumity.
But, on top of hearing through HA, you might need to factor-in Bluetooth and accessories, so if you already have Phonak accesories, are they going to be compatible with Paradise or are you willing to splash some cash on a different stash :crazy_face:
For me I think my money would be on the haLumi (ty) :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

I find more on hearingtrackers forum by searching Google than the search engine on this forum, and I still think your comments were uncalled for.

3 Likes

Google always takes me back to hearingtracker anyway!

New post here.

Something else that I don’t like about hearing tracker forum at times people that go off track, and in my opinion highjacks others post. I have stopped and asked the admin to lock and or remove a few of my post that flat got highjacked from me.

Yes I agree, I’m guilty of it,like right now… but hey,we get back on and move on in the end.

1 Like

If you “was born with” Phonak - you must stay with Phonak. Changing from brand to brand is very hard for brain. Of course you have full freedom to try different brands.

I disagree, the brain easily adapts to change, yes the older we get the longer it can take. It is all about attitude, if you are a negative person then nothing ever works, but if you are a positive person then you will adapt to the change and much faster.

8 Likes

YES!!!

What comes out on Google from HT is way more then what within HT shows when searched!

3 Likes

I think irrespective of how powerful the search engine on the forum actually is or is not, folks want answers specifically tailored to their needs. Maybe they do find a thread by search that is right up their alley, but no one has posted in it for a year or two. And if they try to post, they get a warning from the Discourse “AI” :roll_eyes:, “Do you really want to post in this thread. It is more than a year old and you’re going to notify all the people who have ever posted in this thread…” - or something dumb and discouraging like that. Also, a new thread ends up in the NEW category of the forum and stands out as compared to a post in a long-existing thread where a lot of folks may just feel same old - same old and not bother reading a new post in a thread that they think pretty much they’re all caught up with (and tired of?).

So, I’d say with most folks, a lot more is going on in deciding to start a new thread or not than how powerful and useful they might perceive the search engine to be. It’s a new age, the age of Twitter, where people just tweet out what’s on their minds and don’t worry so much about finding the right slot to put whatever it is they want to say into.

6 Likes

I couldn’t agree more with you @jim_lewis

3 Likes

@jonifoz: Honestly, unless my last pair of hearing aids were poorly-fitted, or my hearing had changed radically since my last fitting, why would I (or anyone else) expect to be blown away?

I just don’t understand the rationale behind that expectation.

I don’t think you will be blown away with the difference between the Marvel and More aids. When I tried the Marvels I didn’t like what I called a closed in hearing experience that I had, I love the Oticon sound and what I call surround sound that I get with the More1 aids. And l love not having feedback with my aids and custom ear molds. And I love not having wind noise when I ride my Vespa scooter. But the fact that I finally have so much better speech understanding is my wow.

1 Like

Curious if you think the better speech understanding is the aids or working with the audiologist to truly understand that your loss is outside the frequencies typically tested on the audiogram.

1 Like

Both, I have improved my speech understanding. With my aids I have been able to get scores in the 90 percent range on the LACE program this time. The last time was back with the Oticon Alta Pro aids and my score was in the high 70s low 80s with aids. Now I have had 2 years of speech therapy in between the two times of taking the program. Some of the important is the therapy, but the rest is the fine tuning of the aids to offset the weird frequency issues that I have.

7 Likes

I have the Marvels. I don’t connect to my computer, but I connect to my Android phone. It is the main reason I went with Phonak to begin with. At the time they were the only platform that worked with the Android. Any feedback on how the BT is for the Oticon since they added Android connectivity?

1 Like

I got my first pair sometime in the 90’s. They were prehistoric compared to today’s technology! :sauropod:

2 Likes

I know exactly what you mean! I have the Phonak TV connector, which I LOVE! I’m going to try the Oticon when I can get my hands on the loaner and weigh all the costs and options. In the end, cost will only come into play if one of them is far superior to the other.