Phonak Audéo Sphere

I don’t know how much bigger these things are than my Marvel’s but mine could be mm’s thicker and significantly longer than what they are and I pretty much wouldn’t care. Weight might be an issue though

Would you know the max power output of implant vs regular 675’s? It’s hard to find specs other than size and weight and capacity (mAh). I did find somewhere that implant 675’s hold fewer mAh than regular 675’s, but they still hold a lot.

The hearing aids are water proof, but the receivers are not.
Change the receivers and everything will work ok. Next time avoid to work out and swim with the hearing aids.

1 Like

So, hum, if thingies behind your ears are 100% waterproof but the receivers are not, then, technically, you cannot call your HAs waterproof, I guess…

6 Likes

Can’t find it so far. I’ll try to look for it. However, some time ago I have read that Lithium-ion batteries (generally rechargeables) provide more stable and more powerful current to power advanced features.

I would prefer disposables because sometimes I need to be available for 24 hours. Nevertheless, I understand there are drawbacks to that option, and I have chosen rechargeables to get the most benefit possible from HAs…

For example, the Phonak motion sensor and automatically changed directivity of mics during walking with a friend work great for me. This feature is available only in rechargeable Phonak HAs.

You got that RIGHT! Now that said, I’ve worn ordinary, battery-operated aids while working out or hiking hard for about 35 years? And other than a pair of Starkey aids I trialed a decade ago, I’ve never had battery aids utterly FAIL on me due to moisture like this. Also puzzling that the high-end Redux dryer was no good, even having run the aids in it twice + overnight in a Widex dryer.

The right aid sounds like someone blowing hard in my ear - a FAN noise - lots of wind. I’m also hoping it could be the receiver … but since the body of these 312s isn’t really waterproof, I don’t know.

Does anyone here know what part of the aid would cause that loud WIND noise in one aid? Receiver or the bean behind the ear?

An example of a feature that’s supportable by conventional batteries, voltage-wise and power-wise, but that Phonak has chosen to make available only with rechargeables. I researched this and posted my research here in the past.

2 Likes

Microphone failure could be it, so that’s in the “bean” housing.

OK, that makes sense, cuz the speaker is in my EAR, and it was my hair that was dripping sweat after the workout. I bet that little ol’ Precious Pink 312 just sat in a puddle of salty water for too many minutes.

Bummer. It’s a goner now.

Funny aside … When my 312s failed, I got out my old Marvels and put the same batteries in them. Only this morning did I realize that I went an entire day with 312 batteries in my older aids that take size 13! Yep. It looks like I can use the smaller batteries in my old Marvels (and they work just fine!), but no way can a size 13 battery fit in the slimmer battery compartment of my 312s. I had a senior moment’s GUFFAW over that one.

1 Like

Re accessory purchase to get discount at wholesalehearing, how much was the discount? I am considering the PartnerMic. I guess that would count.

1 Like

Ha ha yeah those have the same voltage so would work, usually the 312 wouldn’t touch the connector pins very well, but you managed it ; )

Does anyone know if the custom shells that I have for my KS10s will work with the Audeo Sphere (so I can purchase via WholesaleHearing and DIY programme them)?

If they are either Slimtips or C.Shells, and KS10s are Audeo Paradise, they will fit, as far as I know. If the receivers are “molded in”, you’ll need that fitting tool (thin prong) to put the reveivers into the Spheres
Peter

I think it was 20%, but I didn’t keep it.

1 Like

The New Infinio Sphere have completely new receivers - so I would highly doubt it . they have a new pin system to help maintain the water resistant levels in the new line. The Boys at Wholesale hearing would be able to make new custom Moulds for you though if you send in an impression to them. I do some work with them so that wouldn’t be an issue I wouldn’t have thought.

3 Likes

Dr Cliff in the video review of Audeo Infinio Sphere on YouTube channel said about newest receivers - SDS 6.0. They have totally different connection without metal pin. They no more look like trident with 3 metal-pin connection.

1 Like

I don’t think it matters what the pin connection is like. It would matter if the receiver is very close to the same size as what fit in your old mold. Probably more wiggle room if one has silicone molds although it MIGHT be possible to drill out an acrylic mold a small amount of the receiver is too big.

That would make sense, but I was kind of hoping they would be backward compatible with the older receivers. Maybe I’ll start off at a high street store like Boots to get the cShells and get the aids from WholesaleHearing. I’ll let the noise die down first and see what the reviews are like.

@Bimodal_user

Good to know. So the SDS4 stuff works for Marvel/Paradise/Lumity, but nothing before, or after.

Apologies @DaveUK

So, it appears the SDS4 receivers won’t fit in Infinio hearing aids. But, will they fit in SDS4 Domes or Slimtips?

2 Likes

It would for cShell which obviously are made to fit.

Yeah I can’t see why not…and the wax filters I wonder?

1 Like