Phonak Audéo Sphere

I’m interested in this statement. I have Lumity 90s, with a built battery in the charger. I go camping quite a bit. My charger allows me 5-7 days of charging my HAs at night without being plugged in. Is the 2 charge limit due to Sphere’s battery size?

Great news! I’d also like to see a review comparison of Intents vs. Infinio (not Sphere).

1 Like

The Life Go charger is larger than the new charger, but also the number of charges depend on sphere program use. For example, if you don’t use the sphere program the expected battery life is actually 24 hours and the charger will probably give you 3 charges. Compared to 16 and 2. But as before, you could always just plug in a battery pack.

4 Likes

I don’t like this. Signia sold similar story with the release of IX platform almost a year ago, and the firmware update is yet to materialize. The new Rextons follow the same theme [as they’re Signias basically].
Somehow Resound/Jabra managed to do it almost a year ago and have LE Audio during the release of Nexias…
It’s worrying and stinks.

1 Like

The Oticon Intent also has LE Audio available now.

2 Likes

24 hours with no Sphere usage makes sense and is fantastic. Basically means 3 hours of Sphere use a day gives you 3 + 12 hours regular use = 15 hours per day. I probably would only use the Sphere program a few days a week so the extra battery is great!

Jordan

2 Likes

Exactly- I live in a low-noise environment, so the new model would just give me more comfortable power for a full day, with some streaming here and there. Exactly what I have been asking for here (a beefier rechargeable battery ).

2 Likes

I’m not sure - is it possible to adjust the degree of AI denoising? For example, in most situations, the full power of DEEPSONIC may be not necessary…

If so, then we could get more than 15 hours per day.

I believe there is still the regular (non Sphere) speech in noise program in Autosense 6.0. Someone with access to the new version of Target can confirm.

Jordan

1 Like

Hey! Who youse tryin’ to poke fun at, eh?!?! Yeah, call me a sucker. And I definitely made a dent in Phonak’s warehouse of STUFF: (2) identical pairs of Lumity Life rechargeables, (2) identical Roger V2 mic kits, (2) identical old TV Connectors, (1) pair of size 13 battery Marvels (wearing them NOW) and (1) fabulous pair of Lumity Life 312 battery aids in PRECIOUS pink color!

Some folks collect teddy bears … others classic cars … I’ve got a museum of HEARING AID STUFF.

My story for today is WHY am I wearing my oldest pair of battery aids? Cuz my NEWEST pair of 312s have died. I killed the right aid at the gym today with a good slathering workout. The symptoms were almost identical to when I swam in a pool with a snorkel mask on (never below 6" of water) in the so-called but not really waterproof rechargeable Lumity Life aids.

On top of which BOTH of my rechargeables and ONE of my 2 Roger mics have been at Phonak or my audi’s with repairs since last JUNE. Yep. Didn’t even miss that garbage till today when my new Lumity Life aid crapped out on me at the gym. I just reached into my museum at home and uncrated the Marvel aids (circa 2018?). They do fine, but I now have proof that Mercury in Retrograde really DOES affect communication devices.

:rofl:

7 Likes

Promises of upgrades are always suspect, but Phonak does have a decent history. They did a significant BT update on the Phonak Marvel several years back.

1 Like

I recall that you had/have a Redux professional dryer. Do you still have it, and if so, did it not help?

1 Like

Yes! I have the commercial grade Redux dryer cuz that’s all they were selling at the time. I put the aids in for one cycle. Reading said less than 0.5ul moisture removed. Put my aids in, and the right aid was all Snap! Crackl! Pop! Completely fritzed. So now I have them in my Widex UV dryer to see if that makes a difference.

My 2 pairs of rechargeables aren’t ready for pickup till the 27th … so now I’m down to a LONE pair of old Phonak Marvel 13-battery aids. I’ll just keep running the 312s in a dryer for a couple days. Not looking good, but I’ve got nothing to lose. I just bought them in March and would be BUMMED if they need to go in to the shop,

It will be difficult, some explanation here:

Screen from: How Phonak Achieved Universal Bluetooth Hearing Aid Connectivity

4 Likes

That interesting explanation from Phonak doesn’t take into account the existence of 675 implant batteries, which were developed for devices more power-hungry than hearing aids. There’s plenty of air around, and I guess they’re engineered to take in more of it.

Besides, most everyone here seems to think a Naida Sphere is just a matter of time (well, not everyone, but has anyone said it won’t happen?), and I assume a UP version is what’s meant. Would this be the first UP aid powered by rechargeable battery, with the power challenge of UP sound output added to that of AI processing?

2 Likes

OK … minor corrections here - but yes, you have the general DRIFT of things! My good ol’ Marvel aids are size 13 battery (size DOES matter!) vs the new Lumity LIfe ones that Phonak only released in 312-batteries - no doubt to give us FEWER days, and maybe bring more parity to 5 days of battery vs 15 hrs of rechargeable? :thinking:

Also, I don’t have the pair of Audeo Paradise rechargeables. Should I buy them NOW? My museum is not complete. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

they can have a desk charger who could do the trick. that should be
an easy solution, Im sure its on its way…

I would have to guess they are working on firmware update which will
improve battery life. Perhaps they are playing it safe, and tweaking it
down the line. Love to see the reviews

1 Like

I don’t see a date on this, but here’s more info on the Spere for folks like me who’d never heard of it till your post. I guess it has an AI chip in it? Maybe to compete with Oticon’s Intent?

Yes, you are right about implant batteries, but in sound processors, there are two or even three of them concurrently. In Power HAs, there is only one 675 battery…

Maybe Sonova are banking on better battery chemistry options coming into production? HAs want small form factors but all day life. A challenging proposition and I’m reminded of the equation relating to bicycles - you can have any two out of cheap, light and strong.