Phonak Audéo Sphere

Done a quick search on UK sellers, and can’t see SDS 6.0 Receivers on any yet. I have seen SDS 6.0 domes though!!

Dr. Cliff’s video said that Phonak is back to using Cerustop filters on the Sphere, IIRC.

At 5:38 in the video:

And yes, the new SDS 6.0 receivers still use the traditional CeruStop wax traps…

Link to time in video: https://youtu.be/ZJ0-aZHwOE4?t=338

3 Likes

I was told last week by my audiologist that phonak’s next generation receivers for marvel/paradise/lumity are available at the va now and they are changing them out. Too many problems with the old ones. No more needle surgeries.

(Not for mav, but mav’s wax trap already isn’t too bad.)

WH

1 Like

Cool. That suggests to me that any user changeable earpieces (domes and some molds) would work with the new receivers.

The infinio receivers aren’t the same as the ones for the legacy aids.

WH

I’m not sure I understand. Are the “next gen” receivers for Marvel through Lumity SDS 6.0 or is the only change the wax filter they take? I would think what would ultimately matter for dome/mold compatibility would be the shape and size of the receiver (and flexibility of earpiece)

1 Like

I didn’t say they were sds 6. I expect they will be 5, but I haven’t seen that yet. But I have been told somewhere that the infinio receivers have more pins. And the legacy receivers were out well before infinio launch.

WH

2 Likes

Somebody else mentioned the Infinio receivers were SDS 6. Yeah, if they have different pin patterns, they will have different designations.

1 Like

If you watch Dr. Cliff’s Sphere review video, he indicates that the new receivers have a new snap on design that doesn’t require you to remove the pin to remove the receiver. Basically means you can now change them yourself. They also use the old wax filters and have a different pin configuration.

Jordan

3 Likes

A pitty that it probably will not be possible to attach the old receivers with my custom molds… have to sort that out when I received them. As the function of the 3 extra pins isn’t described somewhere.

1 Like

Hello Euan,
Phonak has not added BTLE-Audio. It’s Traditional and BTLE-Data, Proprietary Roger and Airstream connectivity. Also not Auracast either.

1 Like

Where do you get this?

The second sentence of Matthew Allsop’s review says: “By adding Bluetooth LE Audio and AI-based denoising, Phonak’s new range promises to be a game-changer for the company and its customers.”
phonak-audeo-infino

Can you deconflict?

WH

1 Like

I think the issue is whether there is an additional pin or not. My Lumity RL version has snap on receiver wires which I regularly interchanged with my P90’s which had the retaining pin. I believe that I read somewhere (maybe 400 messages ago or somewhere) that the new receivers had an additional pin which would provide information about the receiver back to the aid.

In Dr Cliff’s detailed review at 4:37 (or there abouts) he says they have 8 pins.

WH

3 Likes

Just poking around, I came across the Custom Earpiece 6.0 Order Form which has the “6.0” assigned to all the custom earpieces and doesn’t say 6.0 for the domes. So, do I need new titanium slimtips for my MAVs? I’ll assume that I’ll need new MAVs with the new pinout to go with everything else.

WH

It’s LE Audio Ready with a future update to come later. I’m not sure which reviewer that asked this question with a Phonak Rep. Paraphrasing, they are waiting for the LE-Audio accessory market to mature.

3 Likes

I can buy that. I only could hope they also allow firmware upgrade via the app or remote session. Will save me hours in going to get the new bits when they drop later.

WH

1 Like

Here’s the ReSound 8 pin, Signia have a similar set up.

3 Likes

Just to clarify … you mean the MAV receivers, right? Cuz lucky folks like you with less of a hearing loss can benefit from the MAVs. They wouldn’t work for Cinderella Cinderblocks here.

1 Like

Wow, thanks for that information! Good to know when I will want to get new, more occluded (or totally occluded) earmold. :raised_hands::handshake:
However, will they fit when the old connection is 3-pin versus the newer 8-pin?

I take this quote personally :joy::joy: However, 3.5mm diameter equivalent in open MAV state may be too much for me.

Thinking of wax trap, I found interesting comparison (below). Does HF3 and HF4 wax filter is better than Cerustop? @Michael_Phonak? @Neville?

Source:
Custom Product Reference Guide (New!) (phonakpro.com)

IIt is from 2022, if anyone has more recent version, please upload it.