Oticon MORE firmware 1.4.0 - BT issues with iOS 16

Understand, That’s what I am asking.
Haven’t upgraded to 1.4 yet myself.
Concerned about streaming issues, not so much the On App.

Mike

1 Like

The hands free how to with 1.4.0 firmware and More aids. This is from the Gene2 software

It did not work. Deleted Oticon ON, unpaired HAs, hard booted iPhone, paired HAs again… same issue. Thanks for your suggestion though! :slight_smile:

Well hack it was a hope anyway. The app has always been my connectivity issue, but I haven’t updated the firmware on my More1 aids.

1 Like

A “Reset Network Settings” after Forget Devices and reboot seems to clear bluetooth and wifi settings before trying to pair your HA again is another step you could try.

1 Like

Has anyone tried the RESET NETWORK Settings on your IPHONE to see if this helps are not?

The prospect of erasing all my wi-fi passwords and paired devices is not very appealing lol. I will wait a bit, maybe Oticon has something to say about this.

1 Like

Been there, done that. Didn’t help either. But it made the guy at the other end of the phone feel good that my hands and arms jerked around when he pulled the strings.

WH

1 Like

Regarding a hearing aid not streaming during phone call: it happened to me when listening to music or when in a phone call. The problem was only with the left HA. The root cause: I keep my iPhone in a belt holster on the right side. This causes a weak connection to the left HA. If I take the phone out of the holster, the problem goes away. But if this happens to both HAs then there is something else.

You use a phone in each hand??

Nah :slight_smile: They serve different purposes and I don’t use them at the same time!

I have an iPhone and iPad and while I can connect to both at once but if I am set to stream with the iPhone, to stream from the iPad I have to momentarily disable the Bluetooth on the iPhone so my aids will be able to stream from the iPad.
I can see that your aids may be getting totally confused trying to be connected to MFi and ASAH at the same time.

1 Like

Hello, new user on this forum.
More 1s updated to 1.4.0 this morning, paired to iPhone 13 Pro at 16.0.2. So far no issues, hands free working ok, including overriding bt reception in car.
Also purchased TV Adapter, inserted into optical pathway to audio amplifier, again works well. I noticed that movies are about the only area where I was still having minor intelligibility issues, noticeable improvement using the TV Adapter with room audio muted.
Enjoying reading posts on this forum, lots of information.

4 Likes

Keep us updated if you notice any issues. I have an appointment next Friday. I believe my More1 aids are going in for battery change, and full diagnostic testing. I am also getting my annual hearing test. And impressions for new right ear mold. I have my OPNS1 aids as a backup.

One isolated event, while streaming a movie with the TV Adapter my right HA rebooted. There was no obvious trigger for the event, HA came up in P0 mode, had to switch it back to TV Adapter. Again, 1.4.0 on the More 1s.
Brings up a question for research, does the TV Adapter allow FW updates?

I have been using the TV adapter in one version or the other since 2014, there isn’t away that I know of to update the TV adapter itself. The version now is version 3. It works with OPN, OPNS, and More aids and I am sure the rest of the present Oticon aids. I have a question for you, do you use the ON app? I find that the ON app cause issues with my iPhone connectivity when using the TV adapter. I deleted the app and no long have the issue. I can adjust the volume of the TV adapter with the iPhone hearing device control panel. And I also have the Oticon remote or connect clip to adjust volume or programs.

Yes - the firmware in the TV Adapter 3 (and the ConnectClip) can be upgraded. Each of mine have been upgraded since I purchased them for use with my original OPN aids. It is done with the Accessory firmware update part of Genie when connected to the device using USB to connect to the computer running Genie. As far as I know, the current firmware for my TV adapter is 2.1.1 (checked by my audiologist in Sept 2022 when I picked up my new More 1 aids).

With my older OPN S 1 aids, I got HA reboots every so often when streaming from the TV Adapter 3 but typically when the battery level in the HA was low (312 battery, not rechargeable). Hasn’t happened with my recently acquired More 1 aids with the 1.4.0 firmware but I don’t have much streaming experience with them yet …

Interesting because my audiologist said the TV adapter and connect clip couldn’t be updated.

Nothing out of the ordinary. Handoff never worked to begin with…. But it feels more stable for me than it was before with the frequent Oitcon ON app disconnects… Still not perfect by any means,

I don’t have Oticon Aids but I do have the software and there is a part to update firmware on the Oticon accessories.

I set the software up for Xceed as a demo settings as don’t actually have the Aids.

1 Like