Oticon MORE firmware 1.4.0 - BT issues with iOS 16

Sure wouldn’t we all, but you’ll be waiting on LE Audio bluetooth to be mainstream before this happens across the board.

So unfortunately it doesn’t quite work like that, it’s not as easy as just saying that, it would take a bit of time in programming them to get something similar, but you won’t get a Phonak sounding just like a Oticon, these are two very different brands working on different principles ( looking for the same result tho)

Each brand of hearing aids has their on sound. Once a person gets use to the sound of a hearing aid company it can take from a couple of weeks to a few months for a person’s brain to adjust to the differences in sounds. I have made the switch in brand sound twice in my 18 years of wearing aids, it can be uncomfortable for a time.

2 Likes

@tenkan I respectfully disagree with your earlier post.
I go back and forth daily between Oticon More1 & Phonak Paradise. There are subtle differences but I have absolutely no issue doing that as I’ve programmed them to act similarly based on my desires…

Yes it’s not impossible to get them sounding “similar” as I’ve done this myself between most brands, but it took me a bit of time and quite a few sessions, but I was more pointing out that the Oticon to Phonak are using a very different approach to how they apply this,much easier to do Phonak to say ReSound or even Signia, so it’s really good that you got it dialled in and are not noticing any real difference, I’d say most people won’t have the same results that we got unfortunately.

1 Like

I was afraid of that. I like the Phonak connectivity but (to me) everything sounds overly processed with odd ‘secondary sounds’ in some situations. I guess I’ll wait for Oticon BT LE and perhaps play around with a ConnectClip.

That makes sense. Autosense drives me nuts. It feels like playing auditory roulette whenever I wear them.

Yes, I trialed the Phonak Marvels b4 the Paradise came out, and Autosense was the main reason I went back to Oticon.

Now wearing the More 1’s, and even though my Phone is ASHA compatible, I rely on my trusty ConnectClip for true bluetooth handsfree calls, music,& remote functions.

2 Likes

FWIW…I am trialing More 1 and the streaming is flawless with my Android (pixel 6). It’s just not 2 way on phone calls, I just need to speak towards my phone, no biggie

1 Like

@jrmorgis: I am having the exact same issue (Iphone XR, iOS 16.0.2). Problem started as soon as I updated to firmware 1.4.0. Did you manage to fix it?

This makes me wonder if I really want to update my More1 aids to 1.4.0. My aids are staying connected with no issues now with IOS16.0.2 on my iPhone 13. I really don’t care about full hands free.

2 Likes

I have the same issue with 1.4.0…

Everyone a quick update, from reading some other forums and Facebook. It seems that Oticon developed firmware 1.4.0 with the issues that were in IOS15 in mine. Apple seems to have fixed the issues with IOS15 in IOS16, and now users of More aids with firmware 1.4.0 and IOS16 are having connectivity issues like we were having with IOS15 and 1.3.0. So be careful

3 Likes

I updated mine only after I got the message below from Oticon. I assumed they were talking about the latest firmware. Anyway, it’s been more of an inconvenience rather than a big issue. But, Oticon should get this sort of things right…

I blame Apple as much as Oticon, for not being more proactive about sharing information with the hearing aid companies.

1 Like

I recently upgraded to firmware 1.4 and am having intermittent Bluetooth issues with my More 1s and iOS 16.0.2, such as calls not routing to hearing aids, one aid intermittently being dropped, etc.
Bluetooth performance of my old 4 year old OPNs was far more reliable, although that was with iOS15.
Presumably these problems will be resolved in near future. Frustrating right now

Any issues with iOS 16??
Thanks

Firmware 1.3.0 was working fine with iOS 16. The issue we talk about here is with firmware 1.4.0 and iOS 16

1 Like

Another one here with ios16 and Oticon More 1 connectivity issues.

I have no fix… I even tried 16.1 Public Beta 3 and it still has same issue… its very frustrating

1 Like

For the ones that have the connectivity issue and have IOS16 and 1.4.0, try deleting the ON app and restart the iPhone and aids and see if you have the issue. This is just a troubleshooting step.

1 Like