New Oticon More 1 hearing aids

The mute/off option IS available on the long push: it’s configurable in the ‘Buttons & Indicators’ tab on Genie 2.

You’re getting bad advice above.

1 Like

No, not quite, the aid is still running and just putting out sound at 10dB (or whatever is configured) by Genie 2 during programming.

1 Like

Just to be clear. For rechargeable too? I am getting g mine next week and my audiologist is not very experienced with Oticon.

My aids will not mute from the hearing aid switch. The normal mute is now power off and on

Sorry but below is the Genie 2 screen for the Buttons & Indicators for the More 1 and as you can see, there is NO mute option in that page as mentioned by @Um_bongo . The long press is for the Shutdown function only.

Furthermore, if you look at the second screenshot below, you can see that there’s no distinct differentiation software wise between the More rechargeable and the More disposable battery. So this implies to me that you DON’T have the Mute function on buttons even for the More disposable battery either.

But hey, I don’t own the More personally, so I can only go by what I see on the Genie 2 screen. I’m not sure who told you that the disposable battery version of the More gives you a Mute function, you may want to double check on that again. May sure that the person who told you that actually owns the disposable battery version of the More and have actually been able to Mute their aids with the buttons literally.

1 Like

Thanks I was assuming @Um_bongo has fitted both types.

Not sure how it works, but I have been trying the Oticon More 1 for the last couple of days (I’m returning them Friday and waiting for Oticon Real) and I was able to long press to mute or turn off, but was able to play music through them like noise cancelling headphones. My Opns also do the same so I’m not sure how it works but it does.

@Um_bongo is a very highly respected HCP on this forum, but I’m sure he fits a lot of brands and models so maybe he doesn’t remember everything. But if he’s 100% sure that he has done it for his patient, then I’ll defer to his answer. I can only tell you what I see on Genie 2.

2 Likes

@Volusiano: Exactly, MrV, and :notes:Who could ask for anything More?:notes:

2 Likes

The More instruction manual says that mute from the aids isn’t possible for rechargeable battery aids. My audiologist said it isn’t possible from the buttons on the aids.
The instruction manual says mute is available only from the app, the remote control and the connect clip. It is also available from the iPhone control panel hearing device app.

1 Like

Me? I will get More on Monday.

1 Like

The More2 fitting went fine. The audi said no mute is available on rechargeable Mores. But I suppose turning them off will work okay if I really need to stop all sound from them.

They gave me a Smart Charger, which was unexpected.

I mentioned “My Music” program, and the audi didn’t seem to know anything about it. She was quite puzzled by my mention.

See that bit?

That says ‘off’ as in the aid is turned off.

So, you can long press and the aid turns off, in the options on that Genie 2 page.

This mutes the output of the aid and stops burning wasted processing cycles for zero benefit.

I’m not getting bogged down with the semantics here.

@Um_bongo:Sometimes, I wish the Forum had a Moot button!

1 Like

I think some people were hoping they could mute the microphones while still streaming. You cannot stream when the aids are turned off.

I’m able to stream after long pressing the volume button down so I suspect the aids are muted rather than turned off. This works for both More 1 T and Opn BTE PPs.

Those have disposable batteries. Apparently those of us with More 1 R do not have that feature.

1 Like

Yes, obviously. It’s unfortunate the rechargeable doesn’t have this option.

1 Like

It is because of the need to power the aids off at times, when the charger isn’t available.

1 Like

You can mute the microphones using the ON App or iPhone accessibility panel and stream - either one or both aids. To bring the microphones back - a quick press on the hearing aid button, and you’ve restored the environmental sound. That’s probably the only thing I use the buttons for.
Sadly, the rechargeable Mores cannot be muted with the buttons on the aids - like when your neighbor fires up his very loud leaf blower next to you, and you need a quick mute. But for planned streaming - listening to a podcast or TV Adapter, a quick mute on the App or iPhone works quickly and effectively to shut out the outside sounds.

1 Like