New myPhonak app

I don’t think it says anywhere that you’re required to use the app

1 Like

But you are required to use the app if you’re one of those of us who use its mute/unmute button on a daily basis. AFAIK there’s now no other means of muting except via the app.

2 Likes

I have mute set up on my aids. I requested the audiologist to set one up

I have muted set up on the tcoil.

@hass5744 Sounds interesting! Details? Where/how on your aids?

I have mute on my Aids. You hold down the bottom button.

Should add tho that I don’t believe mute on the actual hearing aids is automatically selected.

You have to select the box on software when Aids connected.

I have had the App lock up once and fail to connect, as in not even try to connect. I reinstalled the App once and another time it connected to one aid the following morning but not the other. An unpair and repair was necessary.

In two years the previous version never failed.

To a point you are correct, however when the App locked up it was a complete PITA. “Burp Burp” oops, aid must be getting flat. How is the other one?
Off the charger, how full a charge?
Oh, and how can you get a remote session with your audiolgist?

@Zebras Thanks. Standard functionality on that button turns off the HA if held down for 3 secs. Is this what you mean? Or has your audiologist programmed it to mute both, as in the app?

If you can mute your Aids via the HA buttons, why would you still want to mute the App as well?

Mute on the App works when the HA buttons doesn’t.

There is not a mute program as such like there was with Venture and Belong. That stopped with Marvel and Paradise.

1 Like

My third press on my paradise is my mute. True it’s not a true mute. It’s a program that filters out almost all sound and then turned down all the way. I usually use it so that I can remove the aids without feedback but I also use it when mowing. I don’t need to hear the lawnmower. I can feel that it’s running. Give me a few minutes. Aids are in the dehumidifier. I’ll find out the actual name of the program that I use as mute

Okay here’s what I have on my aids. Obviously there’s autosense which I use almost exclusively. Push button on aid down onec and you go to speech in loud noise. Push the button again you get 2 beeps and the program is speech in car. Push the button again you get 3 beeps and the program is comfort in noise. This is used as my mute program. My audiologist has turned the volume all the way down and it works exactly like a mute program. At least for me. Program 4 is telecoil and you can take that for what it’s worth. True phonak no longer provides a mute program. But the way its set up it’s pretty much the same thing. No hassling with the app and you can put what I use as mute anywhere on your side. You decide which program it is. It works for me. I mainly use the app to adjust sound quality in certain situations. Volume I can control on my aids. This is just a suggestion. I find it easier than complaint how the mute button doesn’t work on the app. I never assume a phonak app will work completely right because it never has, for one reason or another

I’ve only managed to find two audiologists in the entire country that do remote sessions. One works for the VA in the New England states and another is in Phoenix. Phonak does not even know if any audiologists that do it. That’s why I went DIY. They promote it but if you ask for a referral to a local audiologist that does remote adjusting you’ll get the “we don’t know. You’ll need to call around and find one.” That’s what I did and that’s what I found.

Yeah remote sessions is one of those brilliant ideas the manufacturers came up with but didn’t run by the private audiologists. But it sounds great

@KiwiJohn
Press longer than you need to pess to reduce the volume. But shorter than to switch the HA OFF.
It will mute the mics in all programs. Espcially helpful while watching TV or streaming from the phone.
A short press up or down unmutes immediately.
Your audiologist might need to activate this function if it does not work.

I see an audiologist here in Connecticut. She’s not affiliated with the VA. We’ve done several remote connections successfully.

The key is having a good & fast Wi-Fi connection on both ends.

Based on what I said and what sterie said an audiologists can set up some kind of mute program so you don’t need the app. And again as far as the remote programming goes it’s up to each audiologist whether they want to be involved in that. A good connection is irrelevant if the audiologist does doesn’t want to participate. To each his own. But then again my audiologist is 10 minutes away so who am I to say

Well, my audiologist had troubles with my previous wifi connection. We couldn’t video chat & do the changes at the same time.

I’ve upgraded the Wi-Fi speed and everything works seamlessly.

From day one, I’ve had mute via the Hearing aid button. Never even explored mute via the app.

I’m beginning to see a trend

1 Like

@hass5744: Whaaaa… huh? What trend? [I honestly don’t understand, eh!]