New myPhonak app

Hi all

Seems that Phonak will soon release a new version of the myPhonak app for Android and IOS. Interestingly the update is not yet released but the myPhonak information website shows already the updated UI:
Apart from myPhonak App for Android and iOS Devices | Phonak new Health tracking functionalities and support of Audeo Fit/Slim models, are any hearing (aid) releated imptovements/new functionalities expected?

6 Likes

Hereā€™s the link in English.

5 Likes

Excellent. Thanks for letting us know.

DaveL
Toronto

1 Like

My audiologist told me that there might be some improvements in connection time in the new app.

She didnā€™t think thereā€™d much more than thatā€¦itā€™s all related to the FIT modelā€™s.

I wonder if that means they drop support for the paradise model. Thatā€™s usually how that app works

The rechargeable paradise should still count your steps if youā€™re into that, it just canā€™t monitor heart rate.

1 Like

As far as the app goes, the past years changes had no effect on the Marvelā€™s hearing aids. Supposedly itā€™s because of the lack of memory in them

I doubt that the Paradise will see the same issue because itā€™s got different chips and memory.

Huh?? The paradise have nothing to do this.

Weā€™ll see. Past history says otherwise

All the current devices as the normal Audeo, Life, Fit and Slim are based on the Paradise plattform having the same Prism chip/CPU and Memory Hardware.

1 Like

As I posted, the MARVEL line has a different chip & memory restriction. It canā€™t pair with 2 devices at the same time.

Whereas the Paradise line has a different chip & much larger memory available. It can pair with multiple devices at the same time. I would guess that the Life lineup is the same as the paradise.

But the Slim models might not have the same chip & memory available due to size restrictions. I havenā€™t investigated it.

Sorry, you said ā€œitā€™s all related to the FIT modelā€ and I was unclearā€“the non-Fit rechargeable paradise devices will still count your steps, which is one of the new app things. Itā€™s the heart rate tracker thatā€™s limited to the Fit. Most of the other new app functions will be active across the platform.

Iā€™m not convinced people really care that much about tracking their steps or their heart rate with their hearing aids, but Phonak seems to think they will.

3 Likes

I just want my Phonak Paradise P90Rā€™s to work as hearing aidsā€¦I want to understand whatā€™s said. I want to hear cymbals again. I donā€™t enjoy music as I used to.

I can and have bought bands to monitor steps and heart rate, and a watch now to monitor blood oxygen levels and heart rate, and provide sleep reports.

6 Likes

I never said the update will have anything to do with paradise. I just wondered if the update will continue t or support the paradise. When the update comes out

1 Like

Not quite true. The sticky program feature requested by Paradise users is a right PITA for my Marvel. Mine ā€˜stuckā€™ in a Bluetooth program for 2 days and my batteries drained in 12 hours until I twigged and reset to Autosense.

1 Like

I know its slightly off topic but Dave do your band/watch sensors work?

1 Like

Message sentā€¦hope thatā€™s ok.

Will this new version of the myPhonak app work with the P-90/CROS system?

2 Likes

Has anyone heard when this new update app will arrive? Just ā€œsometime in Julyā€?