New myPhonak app

I’d say that the app stays connected for about 5 minutes after going to other apps on my phone.

It’s definitely not staying connected.

3 Likes

Thanks. That’s exactly what I’m experiencing

1 Like

@hass5744 yes if i have left the app open and not closed it but the phone has gone to sleep when i go back in especially if I’m streaming it still seems to be connected haven’t noticed any problems yet with it having to reconnect to the app but i haven’t tried it by coming out of the app and then going back in so I don’t know what will happen then

I updated yesterday. The connection delay (lack of) is brilliant now. What an improvement. Connects wtihin 1-2 seconds compared to 10 to 20 before.
The UI is garbage. I feel like I am looking at a cartoon drawing. Rubbish.
As others have said, the display real estate is being wasted with health and remote support ad blocks. what a joke. if i want to set health goals, make it a menu option, same for remote support. i’d much prefer to have larger area for volume adjuster sliding - to give more precise adjustments.

Nice upgrade for some things but a total fail for others.

On the step count. My P90s are within 5% of my Garmin smartwatch. But i wont ever use the P90s for that feature, it is too limited compared to a garmin tracker/interface/app.

1 Like

I haven’t been using myPhonak with my Paradise 90R’s for some time because the App was so pathetically slow. However I turned it on tonight, and found it has updated itself to version 6.1.0.422. The layout has changed somewhat, but the speed seems to have improved considerably.

My reconnection time is still slow. About 10 seconds, just as it was with the previous version. This is the most frustrating thing about it. If I switch to another app, or lock the screen, it takes just as long to reconnect when I come back to the Phonak app, even if it’s just a minute later

1 Like

I have discovered that the Login relates to the Health Checker and not the original HA control. This now works as it did.

As for returning to the app after using another, the App opened immediately then “Connecting, this could take some time”. Actually not long but subjectively no different from the previous version.

I really don’t like that you have to log in to Phonak in order to see wearing time. There should be no reason for that.

interesting to me is that the step count didnt require a firmware update to the aids. So they have been counting steps all along…

1 Like

You don’t. Open App, click Health, first item is wearing time. Box below that is Health Resources, Stay fit, Visit the Site. This box is another half page Phonak advert.

No one seems to be answering my question. Do you have to manually reconnect the my phonak app everytime you switch to a different app on your phone. Or does the my phonak app stay connected all day long once you pair the app to your aids let’s say in the morning when you first put the aids in your ears

I’ve got both iPhone and Android versions of the new app, and unless I’ve logged in, I can not see time worn. It only shows things like sign up or sign in, or visit site.

Could be we don’t really understand your issue. Normally, you would only ever pair your aids with the app the first time, or if you’ve told the app to forget the aids. I personally rarely use the app, but whenever I do, it generally shows “connected” (now more quickly with the new app) and I can change program or adjust as needed.

What is definitely an improvement is the connection to the hearing aids is quicker established, while the UI is from my point of view a big step backwards. Half of the main entry window is occupied by the advert for the health tracking functionality and remote support removing the focus of the main functionalities as changing the program and volume change. There are separate tabs covering these functions (Health and Support), so why is this duplicated…?
Personally I would prefer the look&feel of the previous app version 4.0.5 combined with the improvements of shorter connection time, information descriptions of the adjustment functionalities/firmware version from the new version 6.1.

2 Likes

I go back to the app after streaming for say 15 minutes and the app says disconnected. It then reconnects in a few seconds. So if it disconnects everytime I try to stream them I assume there’s a problem with the updated app. I think I’ll uninstall the app unpair the aids and start all over which phonak suggests in their help section. Never had this disconnect problem until update. Others seem to be having the problem also. My question is when people return to the myphonak app during the day for whatever reason does it say connected or disconnected

Yes, it disconnects after a few minutes. I think that’s ok and wanted from the developer to preserve battery power.
As far as I remember it was the sam with the old app.
Streaming uses a different Bluetooth connection.

2 Likes

Well how about I’m just sitting outside doing nothing and I return to the my phonak app 10 minutes later and it says disconnected. What’s the point of customized setting if you lose the connection after 10 minutes

It keeps the customized setting when disconnected.
If you want to change again you just connect again.
Now that it connects faster, it’s no problem anymore.

3 Likes

After reading all the posts in this topic I seem to be the only one with pairing on version 6.1.0. I’ve followed all the instructions in the app and suggestions found on the web. As I go through the app I get to the screen “Searching for Devices” which flashes for about 1 second then the app quits. Phonak Paradise P70 and Android 12 on a OnePlus Nord N200 5g. Everything worked fine until the app upgrade 3 days ago.

I didn’t put a lot of effort into it, but having issues pairing with some M30s. Not a big deal to me.