My Phonak Sphere Infinio I90 vs Lumity L90 Shootout

I would say that after evenings at the restaurant, meetings, family dinners etc. at this point a nice evening at the cinema is ideal for completing the tests. :grinning:

3 Likes

Haha. I got the hint. Thatā€™s on my list for sure. Need a good movie recommendation that my wife will go for.

Jordan

3 Likes

I wonder if you would still hear the wind noise with the double dome, even with Sphere/Lumity turned off.

I have an air purifier, and even with an earmold with a pressure vent (0.8 mm?), I still hear humming even when my Paradise is turned off. Perhaps only the higher pitch component of humming is significantly decreased.

Excellent explanation about Dell Bluetooth issues.

1 Like

Please let us know how your audiologist adjust that, as I have same issue with my Lumity.

1 Like

You had the commitee meeting before Duffā€™s. So could that have also chewed battery life if the Spheres were working harder in an acoustically challenging place?

Geez. Iā€™m SO wishing I could rob a bank and go get me a pair of Spheres to try out. Iā€™m maxed out with 2 Lumity Life rechargeables and the new 312-battery Lumity. I simply canā€™t justify any more aids ā€¦ well, unless I SOLD two pairs of rechargeables! (Iā€™m thinking as I peck this out.)

If nothing else, Iā€™d keep the Spheres charged and ready to wear in any noisy or large gathering situation. Kind of like having different shoes for different activities. The Spheres really DO sound like they are working out for you in places where the Lumity Life would not deliver optimum hearing.

SO GLAD you got these and continue to put them to the test. Iā€™d ask you to go jump in a lake and see if theyā€™re ā€œwaterproofā€ ā€¦ but thatā€™s just my own wicked sense of twisted humor having done something similar with my NOT waterproof Lumity Life aids.

6 Likes

Forgot to mention one small thing that will make some of you happy. The Sphereā€™s receivers use Cerustop filters.

Jordan

9 Likes

HA! HA! Playinā€™ to the band here!

I wanted to ask: have you streamed music on either iPhone or Android? I was listening to some Jethro Tull today (Phonak Lumity Life + Android Samsung Flip-4) and was surprised to hear like totally new notes thru these aids when I stream music. The songs I recalled from 40-odd years ago were different tunes, likely cuz I couldnā€™t hear many of the notes.

3 Likes

Music sounds fairly good but itā€™s hard to say when you are deaf. Iā€™ve got nerve damage so music often sounds slightly out of tune. The best songs for me are those that I know really well as my brain fills in the missing gaps and Iā€™m still able to enjoy them the way I remember them. New music is a bit tougher and classical music is a challenge.

Jordan

8 Likes

In target for the Spheres, what is under ā€œAdditional Programsā€??

I sit in my car listening to music, and AutoSense never even kicks into Music

AutoSense Music has never kicked in for me as well, even if Iā€™m listening to music or very near music.

1 Like

@Zebras When I used Autosense, if music started, it switched to a noise reduction programme!
Peter

@PeterH or is it making a rather harsh judgement call about your taste in music?

@AlexE Hahaha, To be fair, it could be otherā€™s choice as itā€™s generally the Juke Box in the pub :grinning:

1 Like

Iā€™m at the ultimate place to torture test the Spheric AI noise reduction and it passed with flying colours. If you can hear speech here, you can hear anywhere :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Guess where I am?

Jordan

12 Likes

Did you hear every speech simultaneously or the single person in front of you/at your side?

1 Like

You can hear everyone around you simultaneously. Doesnā€™t seem to be directional but maybe someone else can comment.

Jordan

6 Likes

Wait, are you saying that you were able to comprehend every spoken word and follow every single conversation simultaneously? Thatā€™s MARVELLOUS! :astonished:

4 Likes

Yes! You hear everything but with way less noise. You donā€™t have to be facing the person you are speaking to. The microphones seem to be in wide mode. The only separation in sound is left and right.

Jordan

6 Likes

Is that really desirable at Costco/Samā€™s or wherever that was? Itā€™s an incredible technological feat, Iā€™m just skeptical of how helpful it really is.

2 Likes