Going from Oticon OPNS1 to More1 aids

I particularly like this aesthetic, Kev @kevels55

2 Likes

Yeah that would work LOLā€¦The 4 folks I know with BAHAā€™s 3 ladies and 1 guy, you would never know they had them, the processor sits on the bone just behind the ear, I know they have them, and I have looked many times in their company, I have never spotted any of the 4, not even the slightest glimpse, they are totally camouflagedā€¦. Cheers Kev :wink:

3 Likes

Intended when my trial period with the current device ends.

I know that a CIC device is not the most effective for my hearing loss, but all my life I have managed relatively well, ā€œknewā€ my hearing limitations, and adapted myself to the situation.

Itā€™s clear to me that a louder hearing aid is better, so I made the transition to Oticon More Ric, and although I feel an improvement in hearing (especially those far away from me), but So I had to go back to the problem Iā€™m complaining here, I can not understand the speech of people around me (Those near me - around 2 meters)

1 Like

Wow, I have not yet met people with bone marrow. And indeed it is true I mean BAHA.

Unfortunately growing hair is not an option (bald :-()

1 Like

Well I have in the past just accepted the aids kept quiet and managed to survive. M new Audiologist told me something the very first appointment, just remember that your health depends on your availability to hear and understand what you hear. Never just accept your poor hearing keep pushing for what really works for me. And my VA Audiologist has done his part of the bargain to make that happen.

3 Likes

One other thingā€¦.The beauty of the BAHA system is, if you have a conductive loss, you might be hard pushed to realise these folks have a profound hearing loss, they are that good, because their hair hides the actual processor, unless you know about their loss, you might be blissfully unaware they have anything other than a very mild hearing lossā€¦. Cheers Kev :wink:

2 Likes

This does sound like the right thing to do.
Iā€™m really, happy to hear your progress and your happiness from success in terms of hearing (even if itā€™s not within the normal range).
And sorry again, I took the focus from your post

If you can send me pictures (from your friends), Iā€™ll be happy
The images I see on the internet, the processor is something very tangible and present.

1 Like

I havenā€™t seen any of them since at least 4 years or more, but I am in contact with 2 via Facebook, I will ask them to send images if possible? One hopefully showing the processor, and one disguised? Cheers Kev :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for that. If I had one, it would improve my looks, Iā€™m sure!

:chair::chair::chair::chair:

Natanel, Chuck @cvkemp, who began the thread, is good with this being the temporary home for your complaint . But perhaps weā€™ll start one of your own in Hearing Loss, maybe.

Just stop worrying about it, please. Weā€™re all good! :joy:

[Believe me - you would know it - if I, in particular, wasnā€™t good with it, LOL!]

2 Likes

You might want to start a new thread in the Bone Conducting Hearing Aids forum.
Reading your post leads me to think I would get a second opinion on that surgery for sure.

3 Likes

I will have to get use to the extra battery drain of the More1 aids. While it is more it isnā€™t bad enough that I could run the batteries completely down.

1 Like

I think itā€™s any firmware updates that are pushed via the app - I donā€™t think any updates to programs,etc can go through the appā€¦ you can use the ā€œremote careā€ app to have virtual appts with audiologistā€¦

Yes I have had remote sections a few times with my OPNS1 aids and yes the updates I am talking about are the firmware. When dealing with programs updates my Audiologist said that programs canā€™t be added, just changes to programs and a program can be deleted

2 Likes

Even streaming sounds clearer, sharp, and more understandable speech. I have noticed that my blood pressure is down and so is my stress, and I am less tired at the end of the day. This past weekend and yesterday was full of family, friends, church, meetings, and great times at our favorite restaurant.
While the OPNS1 aids were a greater step up from the OPN1 aids in volume and clarity, the More1 aids is a large step up in overall understanding of not only the spoken word but also instrumental music and song. It really is more change than I had expected. Most of the changes in what I hear is just slight changes that add up to much larger changes. What I notice more than anything is now what was distortion at pikes of volume in speech and music in the OPNS1 is so much more clearer and detailed sound. What I always assumed to be just my hearing loss and not the artifacts of the aids is now proving to be just that artifacts of the OPNS1 aids and not the limitations of my hearing.
Sorry if I am not explaining it correctly.

4 Likes

Quite to the contrary, Chuck @cvkemp. These are abstract qualities, and are difficult to describe, but I think youā€™re doing a great job, personally.

More importantly, you put in great effort to do these posts so others can benefit from your experience. Thanks for that.

FWIW, I agree that the More HA actually does live up to its hype by clarifying and prioritizing the sound picture by means of the DNN.

You have no idea how happy I am for you.

1 Like

Some else I am noticing; I donā€™t notice my tinnitus as much even at night when I take the aids off. I really do find the fact I am not noticing my tinnitus strange.

Hi CVkemp, I wonā€™t be able to afford the level 1, do you think the level 2 would be almost as good as your experience with the level 1?
Do you know if Iā€™ll be able to use the charger that I have for the opn 1 HA?
I find it very frustrating with the masks and shields with hearing loss, next to impossible to understand anyone!

The OPN 1 rechargeable battery system is the ZPower Silver-Zinc battery based system. The OPN S and the More uses a different in-house Lithium-ion battery based system. So the More charger is not compatible with the OPN 1 charger, although if you mean OPN S, then itā€™s probably the same charger between the More and the OPN S.

1 Like