Going from Oticon OPNS1 to More1 aids

The OPNS charger is the same as the More charger, but the OPN charger is different so it will not work. As for as level 1 and level 2 differences, there are less different than level 3 to 2. If anyone knows different please say so @SpudGunner. @innerharmony your hearing loss will be important in if the level 2 will be enough help. It would be great if you could post your audiogram.

@innerharmony:, I wouldn’t want to venture an opinion on whether More2 would be "almost as good as More1s " for you without seeing your audiogram. Any way you could post it in your profile for us? Please??

[Oticon More2 hearing instruments are very powerful machines, and share many features with More1s. But - without seeing your audiogram - I can’t tell whether or not the couple of features/values that More2s don’t share with More1s (such as 10dB vs 6dB of Neural Noise Suppression) would result in More2s being unsuitable for you: I’m not just being difficult!]

[Perhaps we could prevail on @Volusiano for a more detailed excavation.]

1 Like

hearing test result -1-2020

I’m tech challenged and didn’t see any place to upload my tests to the site??? I took pictures of the last test then added to my pc. hope that is what you need to give me an answer?

1 Like

https://www.hearingtracker.com/audios/new

Try this link. The pictures you posted don’t look like an audiogram to me …It says on them they’re a “Tympanogram”.

1 Like

The hearing aid I have at present is oticon Opn miniRite level 2
I bought the Oticon Z power charger + batteries over a year ago and had the hearing aids converted to rechargeable batteries
It is a real blessing not to have to change those tiny batteries!
I just wish I could understand people better, the masks & shields have made it next to impossible and exceptionally frustrating.

2 Likes

is this what you were wanting?

1 Like

You do realize that the charger you have for the OPN aids will not be of use with the More aids

1 Like

Yes. That’s it. All you have to do is open the link I posted and input the dB values for each frequency. Good luck!

1 Like

wish that wasn’t the case regarding charger, I’ll still have the old aids as back ups so it will be still of use

The batteries and charger in the OPN aids was created by a company that went bankrupt. The More uses lithium batteries and the charger was designed by Oticon. Luckily the batteries in the OPNS and More aids can be changed by the Audiologist, and not have to be sent in just have the batteries changed.

1 Like

Will I still be able to get rechargeable batteries when these finally aren’t able to be charged any longer?
I paid (on ebay) around $400 for the charger, rechargeable batteries + $20 to the audiologist to change out the doors on the HA.
Shouldn’t oticon stand behind this, since they chose the company to make the chargers/batteries for their aids and offer some sort of compensation to get ones that will work in future?

I really don’t know. I never had the z power batteries,

Try the Forum Search function. I believe that a lot has been discussed in regard to this topic.

If you bought the ZPower system together with the OPN 2 through your audi then it would have come under the same 3 year warranty provided to the hearing aids. But because you bought them from eBay separately, Oticon will not honor any warranty for them nor will they support them.

Some folks who bought their ZPower system with their OPN through their audi and had them fail several times got lucky enough to get the OPN S Lithium-ion rechargeable system as a replacement. But not all them are this lucky. Most of them just got replacement ZPower batteries that continued to fail in about 6 months then got another of set of new ZPower battery replacement again, and eventually when their 3 year warranty expired then Oticon is off the hook from supporting the ZPower anymore.

I would say that feature-wise, the More 2 would be closer to the More 3, with a big exception of the Clear Dynamics feature which is available on the More 1 and 2 but not the 3. This feature is for those who wants a better experience listening to music, especially live music or loud(er) music, because it allows the input of the hearing aids to accept a louder level of volume without compromising the quality of the louder music sounds.

Now that you’ve posted your audiogram, your hearing loss seems to be fairly moderate across the board, so I think the More 2 would probably work well enough for you compared to the More 1, as long as you think you’re doing OK in understanding speech in very noisy places. The More 1 has an edge over the More 2 in being able to suppress noise better in very noisy environments. If you don’t find yourself frequently in these environments then the More 2 is probably good enough for you.

But if I were you, I’d ask your audi to let you trial both models and decide for yourself.

Interesting. Thanks for the information/comparison. When I was at the audiologist yesterday I asked her if any of her patients have More. None yet. I was talking to her about them and she said that it’s been her experience that , on average, it will be about 4 years for significant enough improvements to be able to really notice a significant difference. I was asking her opinion whether she thought More would be worth it for me ( given that my insurance only pays $2500 every 3 years. ). I was impressed that she wasn’t trying to “sell” them to me. That’s one of the reasons I like her. Seems to know her “stuff” too. Of course who knows. Maybe I would get the “wow” factor from them but can’t really swing it right now.

1 Like

I find that whenever there is someone else talking just a few feet away, even in an environment that isn’t all that noisy, I have trouble separating the sounds. I don’t know how I could trial them as with my health insurance plan they only cover $2000 per year and what I’ve been doing is getting one aid near the end of the year and another at the beginning of the next. Unless having trial aids is something that is available but I didn’t know I could ask for?
On another note, has anyone tried this years Costco model in comparison to the More?
thanks again for everyone’s help in trying to find a way to actually understand what is said.

1 Like

@innerharmony: I wear Oticon More1s thanks to VAC, which covers my service-related hearing loss, and I love them. They fit my hearing loss and my expectations to a tee.

But I’ll tell you this unreservedly: were it not for my veterans’ coverage, I’d be heading straight for Costco. The HAs they offer should be more than adequate to treat your hearing loss, and you’ll be able to hear again for under $2000.

Just remember that

1. At least 50% of your success (or failure) will depend on your fitter, and

2. You’ll have to pay Costco and claim your money back from your insurance yourself.

Good luck

I would second @SpudGunner (Jim)'s suggestion to try out the Costco hearing aids. In terms of value (the money for what they have to offer), I think they’re unbeatable.

The other thing you want to consider is that if you haven’t been successful with the OPN 2, I’m not sure how much you’ll be successful with the More 2, unless you also change to a different audi who may be able to do a better job in fitting you than the OPN 2 audi. It’s no guarantee that you’ll find success with the Costco HAs, but you just can’t go wrong with their 6 month return policy. If they work out for you, then you win. If they don’t, then at least you know, return them, and move on to other brands, still a win in my book (except for the time investment).