DIY - How to Self Program the Phonak Marvel Audéo M

There are two different methods (wireless and wired) for programming the Phonak Audéo M depending on the model. On Page 6 in the this link (Phonak Audéo Marvel Product information PDF) the following two methods are specified;

1. All models can be programmed wirelessly via Noahlink Wireless
  2. The larger (in size) models with Telecoil and/or size 13 battery can be programmed with a wired programming device, namely the mini pro or Hi Pro

For both methods (wired and wireless programming) you will need version 6.0 (in some cases 6.0.1) or higher of Phonak Target fitting software.

Wireless Programming via Noahlink Wireless:

The Noahlink Wireless device is connected to your computer via USB;

For wired programming using a wired programming device (mini Pro or Hi Pro) you will need Phonak/Unitron CS44a cables that have pins 3&4 reversed from the standard CS44 cables.

mini Pro with USB cable to connect to your computer

CS44a cables look the same as this standard CS44 cable except pins 3&4 are reversed

Closeup of the cable-end that connects to the hearing aid, if you look closely you can find visual alignment markings (red dot) and physical alignment (grove that only fits one way).

3 Likes

Seems like they’ve bought out the iCube II to only get rid of it again.

I think it’s an industry trend for manufacturers to move away from their proprietary wireless programming devices to the industry-standard NoahLink Wireless programming device.

That is, except for Widex which did exactly the opposite shunning Noahlink Wireless. But Widex has merged into Sivantos (Signia/Siemens/Widex) so that may change.

Not for me.
I could update from Target 5.XX to 6.0
In 6.0 the Marvel are integrated, but till now not the Telecoil-Models.
In Germany we can get the T-Models not until spring 2019, so i think, with a new target-update the “Ts” are integrated.

bye,
Ralf

Oh sorry, the Target Software Update feature works now.

Today i got the update from Phonak Target 6.0 to 6.01
But till now no Telecoil-Models are listed in it.

bye,
Ralf

There’s a slight English thing going on here. Understandable as English is a ridiculous language but…
when you say till now that generally means now it does. I think you’re meaning to say that the telecoil models are still not included…which makes sense as they aren’t released yet.

Sorry, I think my troll is back. But it may depend on what your definition of “is” is.

F you pvc! I’m not even talking to you. I’m trying to help the other user.

I doubt that the other user will feel helped by your English language correction.

And who are you to judge how helpful a post might be to someone else? Hmm?
And so we’re still clear on this…you don’t own this forum or category.

Please don´t help me. :man_student:
I think, other readers understand my very very bad english.

Alrighty then. Thanks for the feedback. Your English is excellent. And yes we can all generally get what non-native writers are saying. Until something comes out ambiguous due to specific words used.

So does Target have the telecoil models in now or not?

Maybe Telecoil models coming in February.

I’ve read all the information about Phonak HA fitting, I found the links to buy HiPro interfaces but I couldn’t find any link to buy a Noah wireless device.

They are on eBay, at least they were a few days ago when I looked.

I just ordered one, supposedly it will be to my place next week. ( from Ebay seller)

Thanks, I’ll look around :+1:

No it wont work. Your Audiologist is the one with a phonak account, not you.

You should start a new thread for your quest about how to program hearing aids without using a programming device. Tacking these pie-in-the-sky machinations onto the back of our How To threads will likely confuse future readers.

Here’s some suggested topic-names for your new thread;

• How can I dupe the idiots at Phonak into giving me a free PhonakPro account?
  • How can I simulate a fitting session (without a programming device) and save it into a client database?
  • Who will help me recover my ability to change my settings if I lose my free PhonakPro account at some point in the future?