Costco Kirkland Signature 9.0 (Product Information)

Ugh i was so exhausted. Yes receiver 03 needed for pen :slight_smile: so cheaper. :slight_smile:

This is important. Not negotiable for me as my problem is speech in noise. … I guess kirklands are out untill we get confirmation that no receiver works with kirkland. I know @MDB said configurator says not possible but im wonderinf if configurator just does not mention no name brands as only brands seem listed…

Basically I can’t find a receiver that works with a 312 battery. Since KS9 uses 312 battery, I don’t think it’s very hopeful.

1 Like

Thats an awsome idea to check it that way. !!! Oh well too bad.

Im really worried as this pandemic thing means i have to returne focus trials tuesday but cant get anything else. Its like my ears donr want to go back to straining anymore. Last night my 4 year old woke up crying with pain in legs. (under investigation for heart problems) but i could not hear her. She is so used to me saying wait Melo ill get my pen. She stopped crying, waited till i place receiver in ears and pen andbi was able to hear her mumbling and then talking while crying. She know. Every one sees the differenxe. How am i gonna last till stores open up again. :’(

Roger is quite expensive. Bluetooth has lots of latency. There needs to be a better solution that will work with ks9 and others. Why not a $100 tv connector with a battery and a mic with line out? Maybe would need a better antenna to improve the range? What would the needed range be? Maybe make it a “quick starter” or similar? https://www.kickstarter.com/quickstarterprojects

I have another idea but want to keep that quiet till it can be open sourced so some company can’t patent it and make a fortune.

2 Likes

I’d ask if you could extend your trial of the focus do to extenuating circumstances.

1 Like

I did. Nope! He needs money as all stores are closed for undetermines period and he needs cash to pay bills. All supply being returned to Phonak

don2,

I tried something like this–only partially successful, however. See: Can I Use My Smartphone as a Remote Microphone

Or better, yet, I’ll repeat it here:
I ordered a wireless lapel mic, with the intention of using it with a TV Connector (Phonak/Kirkland) to serve as a ‘Roger-type’ device with my KS9s. The mic/receiver took a long time to get to me–it was ordered out of China through WISH, and with extended shipping delays due to the pandemic I didn’t get it until mid-April.

This is a picture of the contraption:

The black box under the TV Connector is a Li-Ion USB battery to power the TV Connector. The receiver from the lapel mic is plugged into the TV Connector. To the top-right of the TC Connector is the lapel mic.

It works, although not well. I didn’t realize it when I ordered it, but the lapel mic and receiver are single channel (not stereo). As a result, I only get sound in one ear. And the sound was a bit unsteady, although that might simply have been because the various connections weren’t as secure as they could have been.

This would have been a low-cost solution, if somewhat ungainly. I’m looking for a better mic/receiver combination–one that is self-powered, but two-channel and yet relatively inexpensive.

If anyone has a mic/receiver recommendation, I’m all ears (so to speak).

Thom

2 Likes

Do you keep that tail on your H A’s so in the event you get your Domes too far in the canal and they get stuck Can you pull them out with the tail? I have had that happen three times and the last time was very difficult but I did manage.

The picture is of my wife’s KS9 aids. These are her first aids and is doing very well with them. With the coronavirus and everyone wearing masks she can understand speech well. She has not had any issues getting her domes stuck in her ear canal.

1 Like

The “tail” is a retention lock. It helps keep the dome from sliding out.

Not sure if this has been shared here, but looks like there’s now a telecoil option for the KS9:

https://ks9userportal.com/what-is-a-telecoil/

Not sure if it’s available for purchase yet. Can anyone confirm?

Yes, the KS9 with T-Coil has been out a while.

2 Likes

Somehow I missed the news. The last couple months have been a little distracting!

1 Like

Yes, I can confirm that you can purchase the K9s with the telecoil option. I actually returned my initial K9s for the telecoil ones, when they became available. The hearing aid body seems to be slightly larger, but not so much that you would notice.

I purchased the KS9’s with telecoil yesterday. I should be receiving them in 2 weeks.

My audiologist said an update came in this past weekend giving the KS9’s RogerDirect, PartnerMic support, and the ability to connect to more than one Bluetooth at a time. She also told me to connect to the myPhonak app, since the EasyLine 2.0 app won’t be available until July.

Can anyone confirm this? She’s usually on the ball but this goes against everything I’ve heard. I didn’t think this update would ever come to the KS9’s so I’m highly doubtful.

2 Likes

This would be amazing! I’ll log onto Target this evening and see if any update looks to be available. Here’s hoping!

The KS9 update is in Target.
Just did the update on my wife’s KS9 aids. The update stated stability issues, nothing about Roger or PartnerMic or remote programming.
I sure hope you are correct about this update. It is a big game changer for many here.

I’m not getting my hopes up. It sounds too good to be true even though I’d like it to be.

If the update were to go through there wouldn’t appear to be many advantages of getting the Audeo Marvels other than CROS/BiCROS fittings, rechargeable, and tinnitus therapy.

2 Likes

Anxiously awaiting more insight on this. I would just love the ability to connect to more devices! lol