Costco Kirkland Signature 9.0 (Product Information)

Yes, that’s my thinking :grinning: - eBay will be my friend if I can’t link it with the KS9!

Reading the instructions on the Remote Mic says it must be paired with the aids.
This could be the one pairing the KS9 aids have.

MDB and all. With the update to the app showing “T”

Apologize for the last post. Tried on an old tablet that does crazy things. So, with the “T” in the new app update does it mean hopefully new form factors are coming to the KS9. Hoping for a size 13…before my return runs out March 1??? Not likely I am thinking but maybe this a sign and hoping. I hate changing batteries ever 4 days…

Maybe? I edited my post to ask Rasmus if he knows anything. He generally has pretty good access to info.

1 Like

The battery size is unchanged. Just adds the t-coil feature, and a slightly larger housing.

2 Likes

Bob,
Can you provide us with your source and cost on that remote?

Very helpful - thanks.

Thank you, Thom.
I thought mine were set up for long press on the top button to mute, but now I am not sure. Also, how is that distinguishable from a long press used to switch programs?

These buttons can be set up differently by the fitter.
Your long press may well be to mute the aids.

NateS,
The top button is used to sequence between programs, with a long press. The bottom button is used for teh mute function.

1 Like

Sure thing Nate - £145 from Crystal Hearing in the UK

1 Like

I don’t have any inside info, but I found this link

Which appears to be the updated users guide, and it shows that the KS9 T will have a 312 battery.

3 Likes

I notice that I have to change my batteries on my new Costco KS9s much more often than on my old Rextons (same size batt). I attribute this to the use of BlueTooth on the RS9s. How can I dissable BlueTooth and only use it when necessary or desired? With this improve battery life on my KS9s?

I am guessing a bit as I have the KS8’s, but I would think if you never paired the KS9’s to anything, or unpaired them now, they should not be using Bluetooth for anything. Another option may be to not open the app.

Sadly, the Marvel remote control doesn’t connect to the KS9s. I was surprised that it was a Bluetooth device, but whatever I tried, I can’t make them pair. I even tried forgetting my phone to clear any Bluetooth connection, but to no avail. Ah well, at least I know for sure now.

3 Likes

I am sorry to hear this. It would be absolutely handy.
Thanks for giving it a try.

Do they need to be paired up in the software first, as this was the case with the older Phonak models.

From what I can tell they connect in quite a different way to the old Phonak remotes with the Belong/Brio 3 models. The instructions to pair with the Marvel aids are a simple Bluetooth pairing procedure, without any need to link to the aids using Target. There is no port on the remote, so you can’t connect it to a pc or anything - it carries a physical battery on board rather than being rechargeable. The remote goes into pairing mode, and the aids are put into receiving mode by switching off & on, but they don’t seem to want to pair. In any case, for the KS9, if you used the 1 Bluetooth pairing for the remote, then you lose all the phone & app functionality.

Did you enter the serial number into target, this may make a difference?
Also when trying to pair the remote
control, does the led light flash 5 times which indicates pairing has failed.