Any "set it and forget it" people on here?

Ok thanks for confirming, great HAs, get yourself a Noahlink wireless from eBay and check your PM.

Yes the Nathos Nova need a code to be able to program as they are locked to the NHS.

I need to go to bed as it’s 10:30pm but I’ll PM you in the morning with the code.

2 Likes

Same here! Although, I do go in twice per year for a professional ‘tweak’ of the programming. Those “s” sounds continue to get harder to detect.

I use App to change the program and volume because I don’t want button on my HAs gone bad. Think mouse double clicking, smartphone ghost clicking etc.

1 Like

When i first got my Resound One’s i was constantly adjusting the settings in the app. Many here offered the advise of trying for set & forget. I couldnt see that happening at the time. The problem was my aids needed more fine tuning and adjustments. Once i found the adjustments that work well, i find i no long have to change programs or boost certain freqs. I still do some noise control adjustments thru the app in some situations, but rarely. I have a multi mic i use in really loud settings but mostly am just a set & forget 90% of the time these days.

This can be a double-edge sword. If you find yourself constantly changing programs and volume throughout the day everyday, then I can understand your concern. But if you almost never use the buttons, you may find them getting stuck because they don’t get used enough. So I would use the buttons at least once in a while just to impart movements on them to make sure they can move freely, and most of the times you can still use the app so you don’t wear out the buttons.

2 Likes

This is exactly what happened to me.

I now use my buttons.

1 Like

@mr.smithster: I won’t try to speak for @cvkemp , because what I say may not be accurate however I suspect he’s like me - the standard program really does work 95% of the time. (In my case “standard” is DSL v.5(a), and not VAC+), however, I only change programs to “Speech in Noise” on occasion, or change volume watching TV.

You’re right, IMO (and so is Chuck) - having the aids adjusted correctly is a must. And the AI solutions built into genuine Oticon More1 brand hearing aids really does work!

[Addendum: I must admit, to make things right, that I probably did misconstrue what @cvkemp Chuck was trying to convey when he said, in a previous post, that genuine More1 brand hearing aids “change settings*” depending on the soundscape being encountered. The MoreSoundIntelligence module adjusts certain internal parameters, as suggested by @Volusiano’s succinct parsing of Chuck’s posts, automatically, making it possible for me to go through 95% of my day without using my remote controller to adjust my genuine Oticon brand More hearing aids.

In a real sense, they have proven to be (for me, anyway) set and forget. My definition of the term does not jibe with @jim_lewis ’ narrower parsing, but that’s just semantics, practically speaking.]

2 Likes

My aids get the buttons operated for power on and off and the answer or end calls. Otherwise I use the remote control 3 or over now and then the iPhone control panel. I don’t even have the app installed anymore. And my only program is the P1 default. But I do have the TV Adapter that I am using a lot more of now with it being winter.

@cvkemp: Same here - when you first made that change, I wasn’t used to using the native controls on the iPhone, but they are easier to use than the ON controls were - I followed your lead, and it’s working easily for me, too.

3 Likes

My hearing varies from day to day and both ears have different hearing levels and clarity, so for me the app is very important. The best app is Resound. The worse is Phonak although Phonak is a more of a set it and forget HA. To me, most premium aids still lack good hearing in noise capability. I’ve tried them all so in the end I am using Resound hearing aids because they have the best app and are as good as any in noise. When I say they have the best app I include the fact that they have GPS tracking in case you misplace one, Apple Watch support, custom app creation and they retains settings if you switch programs back and forth.

3 Likes

I’m fortunate enough that I can do just that. I’ve been using Phonak M90 Rs for the last 4 years. I used to have the app on my phone, but I never had any use for it. Once in a while I use the control switch on the hearing aids to turn the volume up or down, but otherwise I pretty much forget about them.

Yes, you’re not the only one here.
Obviously the people on this forum aren’t typical users, which is much the same on any specialty forum like car model forums. And like users on those forums, they either have problems they can’t solve otherwise, or they are fascinated by the versatility of these devices.

1 Like

“Set it and Forget it!”

That’s my goal.
I’m almost there!

Phonak Audeo Paradise P90R’s.

DaveL
Toronto

Yes me me. My goal has always been to be able to think of my aids as just an extension of my ears and brain.

1 Like

One in each ear? LOL

1 Like

I’d call myself a set and forget it guy. Although I did a lot of fiddling some time back and set up three favorites of my presets. I usually change once from all-around to restaurant to watch TV late in the evening but that’s it. I went for a walk this morning and it was windy to I used my button to change to the outdoor preset which works great at blocking wind noise. After reading all these posts I realized I forgot to change it back to all-around. So yes, set it and forget it.

I have only the default program, but I do have a tv adapter, and the of course the iPhone external microphone which I have never used. I do use the tv adapter to stream the tv audio to my aids at times but not always.

1 Like

Me! I cannot be bothered messing with the app. I am asking my audiologist to change my hearing aid setting to speech clarity so that I can just press the button, rather than go onto my phone, open the app and put on speech clarity. I am currently relying on it a lot because I struggle understanding people as it is.

1 Like

Im finally there. I dont need to change any programs in any situation these days. Took many adjustments and diy but im there. At most i bump my volume, like when someone is talking behind a partition or maybe has a mask on. But thats a rarity. And i was one that originally thought i would love the option of many programs and custom eq adjustments, but once dialed in, just no need

1 Like