Where to buy Phonak Roger On

But 02 licenses can connect to ALL Roger Mics including Mics that work with 03.

3 Likes

@Zebras True, but 02 licenses are much more expensive.

1 Like

But why pay for an expensive 02 and also an 03 when you don’t need both?

1 Like

Neither can I @Zebras as the Type (02) connects to all the relevant Roger devices, perhaps they had room in them, and spare memory, and just decided to allow 2 slots… Who knows? Cheers Kev :wink:

Does seem odd about allowing two slots.

@Baltazard even @kevels55 saids that 02 connect to ALL Roger devices.

1 Like

@Zebras I think it is a good decision to have two slots, because you don’t know which category the HA wearer is going to be (general public or/and education sector)
Also, it offers HA user flexibility, so he can use different accessories either for education or/and for general public/private.

Roger for education:
Roger Touchscreen Mic
Roger Pass-around
Roger NeckLoop
Roger DigiMaster
Roger MultiMedia Hub
Roger Focus

I can see your point, I do think that having a choice is a good thing.
Someone could start with 03 licenses, then few months/years down the line can add 02 licenses for whatever reason (maybe college, uni…), but it does give him that flexibility “just in case”

1 Like

Yeah @Baltazard, I have 3 on your list, Touchscreen, Pass around the Mic, Roger Neck Loop, but the Neck Loop is a Type (03) brand new, and it’s never been used in anger :upside_down_face: I also have 3 of the updated Roger Inspiro’s, they also will only work with Type (02) Receivers, you can network the Inspiro’s via the Roger Touchscreen…. Cheers Kev :wink:

1 Like

Yes but here in the UK, a lot of schools are actually handing out the Roger Pen instead of the Touchscreen. Being in Education doesn’t mean you have to use the 02 ones.

For me I don’t actually know why they say 02 education and 03 work. The only difference between 02 and 03, is the 02 EasyGain can be raised to 18 dB which I actually prefer. The 03 is stuck at 10 dB.

1 Like

@Zebras Roger Select - Verification Mode - YouTube

1 Like

@Baltazard

I’ve seen that but again, that feature only works with 02

2 Likes

I found Roger Pen 1.1 pretty rank rotten @Zebras, giving these out to HOH school children, might be construed as cruelty, by some, but I guess schools are always looking for the cheapest option? I got so frustrated with mine, I fired it in the bin! Cheers Kev :wink:

1 Like

Thank you @Baltazard, I never knew this option existed for the select, I will try it out at some point…. Much appreciated :grin:

1 Like

I found it ok BUT ONLY in lanyard mode. All other modes were plain awful.

The country I’m in, everyone in education seems to be given a Roger Pen. Have no idea why.

2 Likes

I hear you (or in my case, I probably don’t :rofl: ) I have to say who ever is doing the procurement has no idea whatsoever on what they are buying in…. In my opinion, the Roger Pen is just shy of being useless, and in most instances, about as much use as a chocolate fire guard…. :rofl: :upside_down_face: :joy:

@kevels55 You are welcome.
@kevels55 @Zebras Could you elaborate on why roger pen is not suitable in education environment, and what do you think is/are the best tool(s) for HOH children/students?
Thank you

Roger Pen 1.1 only works up close and personal, lanyard mode as @Zebras rightly states is mostly okay, and perhaps just gets a pass mark? IMO, all the other modes a fairly useless, in pointing mode, I would be as well to point my finger, and would probably get the exact same contextual information…… About ziltch :upside_down_face:

1 Like

The Mics are not as good in the Pen. It was the first Roger Mic that came out in 2013 so obviously technology with the actual Microphones have improved massively.

It annoys me that for example Access to Work are still recommending the Roger Pen when it’s such old technology. Also in my County, who ever funds the Roger for people in education are issuing the Roger Pen still.

The amount of posts that end up on my Deaf FB Group that I admin that say, Access to Work have recommended the Roger Pen still is crazy, considering it’s really old technology. I’m always saying that, no, you should get the latest Roger On which is a lot better. Only 4 days ago someone posted that they are being set up with their new Roger Pen and receivers from Access to Work!

I personally don’t know why Phonak made a Roger Pen iN because it’s such old technology.

@Zebras @kevels55 Is roger pen bluetooth system?
Roger On is still new and Phonak have manufacturing and quality control problem; Now, you can’t even get the docking station with the on, you will have to buy it separately.

That’s down to the chip shortage which is affecting even car manufacturers.

My Roger On came with the docking station.

Yes the standard Roger Pen and Select both bave Bluetooth but none of the Roger iN have Bluetooth.

2 Likes

I use an app and bluetooth to use the MyRogerMic app on my iphone to control my mic. It doesn’t use BT for the audio, but it certainly uses BT. I kinda doubt they’d make the iN version that different.

WH

1 Like