Where to buy Phonak Roger On

Might be good to test before disposing of the select, so as to not lose the licenses when you go to the next set of aid. If the On decides it doesn’t like the licenses, and the select was sold/disposed, there will be sad faces.

WH

(Previous reply with my comment deleted to create this one with the quotes to provide better context.)

2 Likes

Was thinking that myself @WhiteHat, any failure of the aids, any licenses would be lost, and any future aids would need to be re-licensed…… Expensive! Cheers Kev :wink:

1 Like

@kevels55 That’s partly a thought that I had, and something that I have not seen openly discussed on this forum. Is the sharing of licences. @Zebras had me thinking, if his friend has 2 pairs of HA’s, do they have the same licence? And how many HA’s could you put the same license on?

We know they are expensive, and if people lived relatively close by, could you/we share our licences, for the benefit of the greater?

Edit: @Baltazard, we wouldn’t lose our ‘borrowed’ licences, and we could almost connect any compatible device that suits our budget.

Just an open thought.

The license lives on one HA at a time. You need to pull off one, to put on another. Or you can store it in the “in” version of a mic, or the little cube (Roger Receiver) if you buy them that way, if you don’t want them in an aid for some reason.

WH

1 Like

Ok, haven’t been there to test that, so I may be wrong.

2 Likes

I have the Roger Installer @BrBarry , a license can only be installed on one aid at a time, you can remove it from the aid, back onto the Roger X Receiver, and then install it into another aid, once installed onto an aid, The Roger X will register as empty on the installer…. So the license is either in the aid, or in the Roger X, and is only transferable between those 2, for instance you cannot transfer the license into another Roger X from an aid, it has to be the original Roger X, where the license came from…. Unfortunately, Phonak are fly enough to cover all their bases @BrBarry

As far as I am aware, you are correct @Baltazard :wink:

2 Likes

I read through the Roger receiver FAQ and it seems to be correct that I can do what I would like to do.

https://www.phonakpro.com/us/en/support/product-support/wireless-accessories/roger-receivers/faqs-roger-receivers.html

2 Likes

Just to be 100% on this. Your Roger On (non in model) does not have the pinhole shown in this pic?

1 Like

@SteveCh

No a standard Roger On doesn’t have the feature of the pin hole or can you install licenses in to it.

1 Like

Nope. Just ridges to help the clip hold onto clothes.

WH

1 Like

Thanks. Phonak have replied to me saying a direct licence can be uninstalled into any ‘in’ device with an empty slot. Does not have to be the original device. Licences survive factory reset exactly the same as model code does (eg 70 or 90).

I have asked why they don’t cater for the customer to be able to upgrade ‘in’ device tech (eg select to on) without having to buy licences again (ie they do not sell empty ‘in’ devices to be used as a repository for when aids are upgraded). I await their reply……

2 Likes

They sell the standard Roger On etc without the licenses but you won’t be able to uninstall the licenses which is really what you need to be able to do, especially when you want to upgrade HAs as the older Roger might not be working by then.

1 Like

Exactly my point. If a user has a select in (for example) and wants to move to Roger On there’s no path except to buy a loaded On In and sell the select with its licences transferred back in. Or to have to keep the select in for when the then want to upgrade the aids (or dispose of the old aids with licences and buy the licences again).

1 Like

Interesting @SteveCh, that Phonak state you can uninstall the Roger On In from your aids, into another Roger On In device, which I assume this isn’t it’s original On In, or where the licenses came from….According to the Phonak blurb, you cannot do this with the Roger X Receiver’s, they can only be uninstalled from the aids, into the original Roger X receiver license holder, I have tried this, and it would appear to be correct…. I have also mistakenly installed 2 x licenses into the 1 set of aids, when I never noticed my right aid was still switched on, about 2 foot away from the Roger Installer :upside_down_face:

The FAQ does say you can install both a type 02 and a type 03 into a single aid at the same time. Was that what you did?

I can’t see this working. If you install a 02, then you won’t need a 03.

It is very confusing how Phonak has described this tho.

I suppose what they mean is yes we know you’ve previously bought a 03 but we are happy to take your money for a 02 as well so you can receive from the educational line.

1 Like

I believe there are 2 Roger X slots per aid, one for (02) and the other for (03) licenses, but somehow I managed to put 2 x (02) licenses into my right aid, severe panic set in, if I recall at the time, I thought maybe I had bricked the aid! To explain, I had installed the first type (2) on the right aid, but not thinking, I never switched it off, and just laid it on the table about 2 foot away, you are meant to lay the aid on top of the installer or within 4 inches I believe? Checking the other Roger X prior to installing in the left aid, fired the the installer up, green light so I was good to go, the next thing I see is the Roger installer flashing green prior to me switching on the left aid, meaning it was in the process of transferring the license, I then noticed the right aid was still switched on, so I now had both (02) licenses in the right aid!!! But it uninstalled no problem, so panic was over :upside_down_face:

That’s very interesting that this can happen but can’t work out why you would need 2 x licenses in each Aid.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Zebras @kevels55 Is it possible that the HA can have 2 licenses regardless of the type (03 or 02)?
I guess the reason for having 02 & 03 installed in the HA is to be able to connect 03 & 02 accessories, hence why having two slots in each aid!

1 Like