What is a Phonak Nathos? (UK NHS range)

@pembangunanpessel202

People are selling the latest Nathos Auto on eBay and they are only going for roughly £25 to £35.

@Zebras

Wow, that’s a shame, this is very disappointing, but I’ll still try, because maybe someone will help donate to me by buying this hearing aid. because the original purpose of selling this HA is to raise money for cochlear implants (and I will say so in the description), who knows if anyone is interested in helping in this way.

@Zebras

Sorry, I’ve tried to find the price of Phonak Nathos AUto but couldn’t find it in the range under 50 euros, even I got this on the forums

Good luck! Too bad they don’t have nathos auto, they do here at Doncaster. Did you look on eBay? some are used for £900 and new from £600 for the 50s. mike

can you help me get Phonak Auto for £25 to £35 , so I can sell it in my city again? Please :blush:

@Zebras
ow. the auction, it is very difficult to find the auction with specific items. and unfortunately I see only 1 bid ( no one is interested ) . btw recently I get the phonak sky q 70 SP with a price of 10 dollars and a pair of Phonak Ambra SP for 77 dollars, but that doesn’t mean their prices in that range. this only auctions lucky chance.

after this , I still want them. but no more

If these Nathos Autos came from the NHS, they don’t belong to the end user!

Hearing aids on the NHS are long term loans. Not for anyone but the NHS to sell and their used aids are completely refurbished and deployed in places like Africa. Losing an NHS HA can incur a replacement fee as well!

1 Like

I agree but they seem to be sold on eBay a lot! Don’t know how they get away with it.

1 Like

I know when I lived in Yorkshire and Lincolnshire 10 years ago whenever the NHS upgraded or changed my hearing aid model the old ones had to be given back, I asked about keeping an older pair as a spare incase newer ones broke and was told nope they don’t allow that. However when I was living Surrey and Essex I was allowed to keep the older sets of hearing aids so I think it truly depends on the area you live/or by the local NHS services themselves. I was always told if a aid was lost or broken through negligence and a repeatedly occuring problem the patient/user could end up incurring costs to replace them. I only ever had 1 set where I was at fault my puppy chewed them up and they did replace them for free as I have never had that happen before, but I remember the worry of trying to explain how a puppy got hold of them.

1 Like

Some time ago now (9 weeks?) I lost my NHS Nathos aid and needed a replacement ear mould and HA. Finally, it arrived yesterday in the post - a shiny new Nathos Auto. Evidently they’ve run out of the older Nathos S+ stock and I just got upgraded (admittedly to 2016 Venture tech).

Bigger and…beige…compared to the KS10s I bought in the interim (that’s me getting an appointment, tested, fitted and returned for a follow up). But sound quality is really good and skeleton ear moulds feel nice and secure. Eyewateringly, my lost HA had a Roger X receiver to use with a Roger 1.1 pen. The myLink workaround is fine, but I might try to acquire a new receiver…

Maybe I’m imagining it, but I can ‘feel’ a difference between left and right (S+ and Auto aids - I don’t have a matched set yet). That might be purely in my head though. I do miss the ability to tweak sound settings via my phone though. I’ll definitely use these though. Seeing applications such as sports for these guys, situations where loss of KS10s would be less good.

Who knows, I might even get bumped up to Novas (NHS version Marvels I believe) when I go for my next recall test (almost certainly 2022 or beyond).

I would expect you to notice a difference in terms of how things sound. The Nathos S+ is based on the Spice platform that came out in 2011.

Definitely look at eBay for a used Roger X receiver.

Maybe I’ll need to accidentally lose the S+. But not the ear mould. That took 8 weeks to fabricate. Apparently there’s a shortage of unicorn tears to make them with and the elves need to socially distance in the workshop.

1 Like