What is a Phonak Nathos? (UK NHS range)

Thanks JohnD The audiologist doesn’t even use the sound samples on iPFG software so I can’t see how we would ever achieve a good result in the soundproof room.

I don’t have much free time to keep going back, so I am now considering buying the iCube and have a go myself.

I know it’s not easy when you are seeing the software for the first time but I am confident I will quickly gain understanding of it.

I would like to know in advance if when the HA’s are connected to the software if the current settings can be saved before changes are made.:smiley:

2 Likes

Sound junkie.

The phonak iPFG version 2.6b is free from Phonak. You create a New Client and put in as much data as you wish. Age is important.

The fourth icon from the left is “Activation” uncheck this if you just want look around the prog, and if you make a change without the HA connected.

On the instrument tab” The time you have worn HAs, and you can select the HAs from a list but make sure it is in the list first. I am not sure if the Nathos will, or it may show as a Naida—we may need help here!!!

If all is well, connect it all and the third icon from the left gives the option of saving from the HA, or from the program. Chose from HA, and it will save your settings. You can export as ipfg file and save to where-ever… preferably somewhere safe.

I don’t think anyone uses the sound samples. I have tried, but its uncertain how loud they are when youre deaf…. Good luck.

1 Like

Very helpful JohnD thanks so much :slight_smile:

1 Like

Im just being curious now. Im in the UK as well and have just got Phonak Naida S UP aids on the NHS as nothing else worked for me for my hearing loss.

Im wondering if you have got Phonak Nathos on the NHS? Im wondering why mind are called and have written on Phonak Naida S UP instead of Phonak Nathos?

Well NaidaUP , that is a first from the NHS… You are the very first person I have heard of with a set of “Spice” aids from NHS Audiology:D Your aids are, Phonak Naida (S)= Spice (UP)= Ultra Power… These would cost you around £3k on the UK High Street, the Nathos are older Tech, they are “Core” aids! So count yourself very lucky;)

Cheers Kev:D

1 Like

Yes mine are Phonak Naida III S UP as stated on the hearing aids.
What is the different between the CORE and the SPICE??
I really want the Phonak Naida IX S UP aids though.

I see that the Phonak Nathos are wireless, mine are not. I think people who have the Phonak Nathos are better off.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

I got my Naida VSP`s from the NHS September 2009. They are CORE technology and I think released October 2008. I had been waiting for them because of my peculiar and difficult hearing loss, and were supposed to be the magic cure.

There`s no doubt they are an improvement on one Oticon Spirit 3, and a Phonak Aero. One Naida failed recently, and I was a bit concerned about a replacement being a pair of Nathos. Maybe very nice, but I can’t program them….

1 Like

i just got phonak nathos M. and having trouble finding the datasheet/fitting range, is there anyone here who can help me with nathos m information?

1 Like

Is it the Nathos Auto?

There’s no such thing as Nathos M.

There’s Nathos S+, Nathos Auto and Nathos Nova.

EDIT - Or have you got the first generation Nathos M that came out in 2008. Forgot about that one.

EDIT 2 - Here’s info for the Nathos M and what it is privately.

“The Nathos M is equivalent to a Phonak Versata with addition of echoblock but constructed in a Naida SP casing.”

1 Like

That’s more than ten years ago I was asking about that! Lol

I did have a Nathos M followed by a Nathos SPw and a Nathos S SP. I don’t have the M any more but I do still have the SP and I’m wearing the S.

1 Like

not phonak nathos auto, but an older generation, namely phonak nathos M, where I can see the fitting range or data sheet, it seems very difficult to get this info. thanks for answering.

As I said, look up Phonak Versata as that’s what they are private.

If they aren’t the Phonak Nathos M W, then you’ll need the HiPro to program them, if that’s the way you want to go.

Or download the iPFG software which is free and I’ll give you the code to see the Nathos software.

EDIT - this is what they are! https://www.phonakpro.com/content/dam/phonakpro/gc_hq/en/products_solutions/hearing_aid/phase_out/027_0478_02_Versata_Art_Product_Information_GB_V1.00.pdf

2 Likes

thank you very much, you’re very helpful, so nathos M = vernata M fitting range.

thank you very much. truth is not for me to wear. but a friend in the UK delivers to me to be used by children less able, but I am having trouble finding info tool of his .

They are locked so you won’t be able to program them unless you have the unlocked code.

1 Like

I was lucky, my friends sent me the code to install products for the NhS.

thank you zebra for your help

1 Like

Correct. Glad you’re able to program them as well.

1 Like

@Zebras

I have an internet friend who I have never met, he has always helped me since 2017, we have never met or video calls. now he’s helping me raise money for a cochlear implant, giving me some HA for me to resell.

@pembangunanpessel202

How much are you expecting for these Nathos M? I’m just curious as they are 13 year old technology.

@Zebras
ya you’re right , this was a long time ago…
I will probably try to sell it on ebay by way of bidding , ( auction /)

starting from $20 . how does that sound ?