What are people paying for the top Phonak Lumity hearing aids?

I’m upgrading from Oticon Alta Pros (6+ years old) to newer tech and my audiologist suggests the top of the line Lumity from Phonak. Curious what people are paying for these. I believe it is Lumity Audeo Life but she has been scant on specifics so far (waiting for clarification). She argues the upgrade will be truly significant. A slightly lesser pair of Lumity she is quoting for about 1k less. I live in a quiet environment generally but really struggling lately with some distance conversation (next room etc.), mumbling and in noisier environments. Big investment no matter what. Chart shows profound loss at higher frequencies on left and severe on right. Other frequencies decline from mild to moderate going up the scale. Many thanks.

$3,198 for pair of L90s online

2 Likes

A lady caring for me at the VA (but not a patient herself) noticed my aids and we had a discussion about them. My Audeo P90 HAs look “exactly like” her HAs. She is a new HA owner, but not yet comfortable wearing them to work. Anyway, she has 90 level lumity life HAs (she emphasized the waterproof ones), and when I asked if she’d paid $7k for them, she winced and said $6.5k. I assume small local private clinic. I think she mentioned getting $2.5k off via insurance. What a racket.

WH

3 Likes

It is crazy expensive. My audio has quoted premium (I presume waterproof 90s but waiting for clarification and don’t need waterproof and don’t know what else they have) at 8k. “advanced” at 7,200USD and “good” at 5,500. Painful.

1 Like

If you are in the US check Ziphearing.com for prices which include one year follow-up. Your provider or another one close by may be in their network.

4 Likes

Thank you. But there is nobody in my rural state. Cheers.

Also, consider TruHearing.com. They no longer post their prices online, but the pricing I got for the Lumity 90s was about $4,400 with 1st year of care included. Some audiologists, even though they have private practices, also work with TruHearing or Zip Hearing to supplement their income. Better to make less money rather than no money if you go elsewhere.

TruHearing.com has officially been associated with Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Texas for some years, i.e., the BCBSTX policy I have officially recommends purchasing HA’s from TruHearing, but BCBSTX will still give me a $2K discount every three years no matter where I purchase new HA’s from.

2 Likes

Thank you. There is a way for me to access TruHearing here. Almost half the cost for the same HAs. Could you tell me about the programming/adjustment part of this? I like my audiologist, but the price difference is huge so I am wrestling with this and don’t want to save money up front but pay in another way by not getting the full benefit of a sophisticated product. Thanks for the tip.

You might check with your audi and see what her unbundled price for fitting and following up for some period, e.g. one year would be. I no longer live in a rural area so I have access to many services. But for reference one of my local medical groups will fit with real ear measurement (REM) for $825 while another local hospital group will do so for $775. So to get a total price with fitting but somewhat limited follow-up it would be the internet price plus the separate fitting price. You would need to be assured that the internet provider would handle warranty issues. Good luck.

I don’t know for sure about Zip Hearing but with TruHearing everything is handled through the local audi. Over my warranty period with ReSound Quattros I had some problems with the external microphones on my left HA. Every time the audi sent the HA’s back to ReSound and they were replaced at no charge to me under warranty and the audi refit each replacement HA and said that ReSound footed the bill for her services under warranty.

The audi should be able to get your fitting right well within the first year of HCP service provided by TruHearing. You should ask any HCP what the a la carte service fees would be after that. @raylock1’s suggestion is good. It pays to shop around if you’re not happy with the fees your current HCP is charging.

P.S. Although I quoted a price for Lumity 90s, I ended up getting ReSound Omnias with M&RIE receivers from TruHearing instead for ~the same price. The battery runtime was not long enough on the Lumitys for me, and I wanted disposable batteries to avoid having the rechargeables age when they were no longer under warranty. I thought the Lumity 90 was a great HA, and if the runtime were longer or a disposable battery version were available, I might have gotten them instead. The MyPhonak app was rather slow and klunky compared to the ReSound Smart 3D app, and I couldn’t control the Lumitys through my Apple Watch as I can the Omnias. Too bad Phonak cannot offer both a classic Bluetooth version and a MFi Lumity as well (which might enable longer runtime on a charge!).

1 Like

Was quoted $5200 for pair of P90s including molds and ongoing service.

I’m a big fan of ZipHearing. I had warranty issues with my Oticon OPN S1s and those were handled by my local audiologist. Not a big deal at all.

Yes, [jim_lewis], my audi is also responsible for warranty issues for the aids purchased through ZipHearing. My comment concerning warranty issues was because someone above quoted a price from a direct online provider. I paid $4,798 for my Phonak L90 RL’s plus two sets of ear molds (4 in total). I have never purchased from an online provider without a local audi so I would be a little more skeptical about warranty issues (Maybe unfairly so)

L90 Lifes through my local Audi in the DC area for $6800, I’m not sure about the non-Life pricing.

I have access to Amplifon through my insurance, which brings that down to $3800.

@csmanegold , I bought my L90RLs through TruHearing. Their price was/is $4500 / pair. I had $2500 insurance benefit - so paid $2000. I can upgrade every 3 years w/ insurance for hearing aid benefit. I think I’ve found a good Audi. I’m pleased w/ L90s.

2 Likes

That’s so helpful. Thank you. I don’t have insurance though I may check if there is anything through AARP.

1 Like

I paid $3990.00 for my lumity 90 life hearing aids. I get 3 year adjustment and 3 year warranty. I go through a audiology center in Buffalo NY

1 Like

I paid $3280.00 US Dollars for Phonak Lumity 90 Life hearing aids. I got them from Online Hearing. I will say they were running a $300.00 off promo at the time. First rate experience for me. They come with a three year warranty and audiology services via internet. I can call them for adjustments at any time. So far they have made three adjustments for me. Insurance reimbursement will be $1500.00 so the total cost to me will be $1800 roughly. You can google them.

You will have to provide an audiogram for them and answer a series of questions. It was not too difficult, even for me a first time hearing aid user.

1 Like

$4798 zip hearing for Audeo Lumity 90 just now from zip site

Where did you get them, or from whom for that price?

I have had two audiologists say that the difference between Paradise 90 and Lumity 90 is not great enough to justify the price so they recommend the Paradise. But I tend to give more weight to opinions of those who have tried both and the Lumity comes out on top.