Waterproof hearing aids for water sports

Anyone having any update regarding a waterproof hearing aids???

I would like to take some kayaking classes before doing any ocean touring.
I may do the touring without the aids, however I am not sure how to do the classes.

D.

That’s a great question. Siemens used to have an Aquaris, but it got bad reviews and was discontinued. Most modern hearing aids are relatively waterproof, but I’m not sure how much moisture they can tolerate. I’m going on a beach vacation and don’t know what to do. I really don’t feel comfortable without my hearing aids. I hope you get some suggestions to your question. Thank you for raising it. --Steve

Swimming cap? So that whole head and aids are covered in rubber?
At first I thought of some rubber headband, but then, if water spills on top of your head, it will go directly towards aids through hair.

For some light rain, regular textile headband works great (also for keeping sweat out of reach).

I use two - one tight on my head/skin, to keep my skin away from HA, and then if there’s light rain or heavy wind, I use another one over my ears + HA. So basically I have HA between two headbands :smiley:

1 Like

I wear a tight, thick terry cloth headband next to my skin, HAs, then jungle hat (or helmet).

Ball caps are just an invitation to get your hearing aids wet.

1 Like

I wear www.gearforears.com sailing and I’ve had never had an issue with my aids dying. I do also use a Dry & Store which drys my aids over a 8 hour period overnight.

1 Like

Eargear won’t do squat if you fall into the water or expect to swim with it. I bought an Aquaris years ago and keep it boxed away and use it only when I need to. Still works, still does the job.

This is still a big gap in HA technology.