Using the app for the Resound Linx Quattro or not?

I’ve been using the Resound Linx Quattro for a few years now.
Over the years I have been using the ios app to modify the HAs output to suit my hearing better than the original setup. So - every morning, after taking the HAs out of the charger, I start the app, choose my preferred setting (mostly volume, noise- and wind-reduction), then close the app.

Resently I have started thinking - that as long as I always use the same setting - maybe I don’t need to use the app at all. Maybe the HAs actually remembers the settings from the day before?

Is this the case? I find it hard to check since the app always starts by setting the HAs back to the basic program.

It is actually the Hearing aid that starts in the “default” program and settings.
You could have your aud. make those changes to the default program.
Or you could do it yourself with the correct hardware and software.

In the Smart 3D app you can adjust a program the way you like and save it as a location-based favorite. Then in the More tab of the 3D app turn on the slider for the “Auto-activate favorite locations.”

As long as you are within Bluetooth range of your iPhone and location identification is active and working on the phone, your HAs should switch to the settings you prefer for your home location favorite.

There is a limit to location-based favorites (forget the #). You create a Favorite in Sound Enhancer settings in the 3D app ( lower right).

1 Like

Thanks. I’m afraid that is not something I think I’ll be able to do myself.

Thanks for your answer.
I spend 70% or more of my days in bed, phone on the table next to the bed and HAs charging at night. Phone in my pocked while awake and using the HAs.
I will try what you suggest. I will first change my favourite settings so much that it is easy to hear the difference from the basic one.

1 Like