DIY - How to Self Program the ReSound LiNX Quattro

There are two different methods (wireless and wired) for programming the ReSound LiNX Quattro depending on the model. The ReSound LiNX Quattro Cable Guide describes the following two methods. For both methods (wired and wireless programming) you will need the current version of SmartFit fitting software.

1. ReSound LiNX Quattro Rechargeable can only be programmed wirelessly via Noahlink Wireless
  2. ReSound LiNX Quattro RIE:62 can be programmed wirelessly via Noahlink Wireless, and it can be programmed with a wired programming device (namely the mini pro or Hi Pro) using Programming Adaptor II’s along with standard CS44 cables. Good luck on finding Programming Adaptor II’s!!

Wireless Programming via Noahlink Wireless:

The Noahlink Wireless device is connected to your computer via USB;

I have omitted a description of the wired programming because the Programming Adaptor II (boots/shoes) are so difficult to obtain you may want to avoid programming with a wired programming device and stick with wireless programming. Also note that Noahlink Wireless is the same as ReSound’s Airlink 2 device with a Firmware update to make the Airlink 2 equal to Noahlink Wireless.

1 Like

Nice work pvc. Just my affirmation that I use the NoahLink Wireless on Signia NX. It has been flawless and definitely easier and more flexible than wired. I can also confirm that it does firmware updates. Given the industry move to rechargeable, I think most manufacturers will move to wireless and the NoahLink offers a proven industry standard.

Thanks for the write up.

Just be careful that you have enough power (new batteries) when using a wireless programming device, so that you don’t brick one of your hearing aids. That would cause an expensive trip back to the manufacturer.

1 Like

Had a question about appropriateness of mentioning anything to do with fitting software observations in main forum topics vs. here in DIY.

@pvc @rasmus_braun @AbramBaileyAuD Should all observations about anything observed using fitting software be confined to the DIY forum? For instance, if I change domes in the fitting software from open domes to power domes and want to remark how much of a changed fit the fitting software recommends or something like that, is that a no-no or is it O.K. to make remarks about fitting software as long as I don’t say that I actually made any programming change to the HA’s myself. And does the same apply to mentioning feature sets available in fitting software that one might want to ask one’s audi to tweak? .

Edit_Update. I guess the following would be an example of discussing fitting options where I don’t say anything about using fitting software or how I know my expansion setting is “none.” .

Another example where I do mention obliquely in the main forum using fitting software to find relative dome size designations:

Just use your best judgement of when not to offend (or belittle) the business interests of the hard working professionals that we share these forums with.

1 Like