User Review of Whisper Hearing Aids

Hahaha, now it’s things like this that make my day!

3 Likes

@tenkan: See, Tenk :fuelpump: - I don’t have three heads, nor do I disembowel those who confront me! :tada: Happy New Year :tada: (or do you celebrate yours in June?)

1 Like

Thanks spud, Happy New Year to you as well (Yeah we celebrate new years the same as you guys)

1 Like

Just for the record: I also hold Dr Donald Schum in the highest regard. What he has done for me by giving me my Oticon™️ brand More1®️ hearing aids, has restored a great deal of quality (previously lost to the incompetence of my so-called audiologist at Sonova’s captive schiller - Connect Hearing) to my life.

Whether the recuperation is due to the devices he helped to develop, or to the skill of my ex-audiologist (Edit: and not the Connect one … my next-to-last one ) is not of material importance to me. All I know is that I believe I’ve watched all of his available videos and read all his papers. I’ve come away wiser from each and every encounter with his work. How can any Oticonian not admire and respect him?

My hope is that he joined the Whisper organization because he believes in their vision and their power ro realize it, and not because some Don Corleone of Silicon Valley made him such a lucrative offer that he couldn’t turn it down. I would be deeply stricken, were the latter the case.

Let nobody represent my views of this brilliant man otherwise.

1 Like

You refer to the two Whisper hires from Oticon as executives who were recruited to attract funding, not as skilled individuals (a chief audiologist and a lead noise reduction engineer) who can contribute to Whisper’s product development. It’s insulting to them, and also strange since they’ve presumably contributed to the Oticon line you like so much. So yeah, it seems to me that Whisper recruiting them bothers you.

Please don’t put words in my mouth and twist them to no end. I simply said

Show me what I said above that has anything which implies “SOLELY” to attract funding?may help in bringing enough clout to help secure funding” is NOT THE SAME as “recruited to attract funding, not as skilled individuals”. Did I say “not as skilled individuals”, or did YOU say it? “May help with funding” implies only one small aspect of their skills and credibility, by the way.

So since I didn’t have that thought but you did (that they’re not skilled individuals), I wonder whose thought is insulting to them, yours (said-it-out-loud thought) or mine (never-said-it-anywhere non-thought)?

2 Likes

@Volusiano: Exactly, MrV … Exactly!

2 Likes

I’d just like to add to this great intellectual, and profound thread, my greatest gratitude for all the ongoing “User Reviews” of the Whisper Hearing Aids.
The fountain of knowledge you have provided overfows with your learned contributions.
I’m grateful to you all!!

3 Likes

@flashb1024: I think it was our questions about the dearth of genuine User Reviews that have made this whole $h1t$how possible!

2 Likes

Exactly, MrSpud … Exactly!

2 Likes

@flashb1024: That’s Perfect,
Mr :zap:Flash:zap:Perfect!

(I’m really enjoying the zest that your sense of humour and dry whit bring to the Forum, :zap:Flash :zap:)

2 Likes

Maybe it’s safe to go back to this topic now? I’m wondering if Whisper users have heard any whispers about new developments. Whisper 2?

I contacted them recently about what appears to be a delay, and they told me that they were having supply chain issues.

This is a new hardware version that’s been delayed?

Yes, that is correct.

Thank you so much for reviewing your Whisper Hearing Aids. I’m so impressed with your review.

My conventional hearing aids have been a challenge. My issues are word recognition and complaints from my wife that I’m ignoring her when we are watching movies/tv together.

I’m very interested in learning more, and hoping that they soon offer Whisper Hearing Aids in Canada. I would love to try them and really need better hearing aids.

DaveL
Toronto

1 Like

Can Whisper fitting be done in a DIY fashion?

I guess it could, if you can get your hands on the fitting software. The Brain connects to the PC via USB, not Noahlink Wireless.

2 Likes

I’ve yet to read anything about Whisper that would entice me to try it or put up with carrying a device in my pocket to get the full functionality of the hearing aids.

Do you carry a phone in your pocket?