Transfer Phonak Roger X receivers between hearing aids

I think I did it. But I never know how to check receivers, I most of the time press it a few times (hit and miss). Sometimes it starts with transfer. How can I do it properly, check the number of receivers?

You don’t read the receivers. It’s the top one for read the microphones.

Have you just tried to read the device as there is also the second part to do as well.

There’s two buttons to press on the software but your screenshot indicates you’ve just tried to read it only?

I did it. Roger On In now shows number 2, and, yep, a different display. My process firstly required a firmware upgrade, and only then I could do it. During the process I got the message saying that I have 5 licences remaining. Now, the question is, are these receivers fully working?

Read all of my messages and also @pclewis posts!

You do need to transfer the licences out now with the pin before they do start to work!

I am never sure how to check the number of receivers, and how to transfer them. With my Roger On In, I do not have to press that hole on the back side or connect button. But it’s always hit and miss. Sometimes when I press the front button, it goes to another mode, sometimes starts with transfer, so I am really not sure what to do to get the same, desired operation. I refer to the device here, not the software or the transfer process.

See this post…

Well, with my previous receivers I was told the same, but I can do it by just pressing the front button. The problem is just that I never know how I do it :slight_smile:

Just press the connect button with the hearing aids you want them transferred on only.

I have never done this but someone else posted that on the forum. I’ve only ever used the pin system.

Turn your other Aids off.

It might only work with the pin system and this is maybe why it didn’t work for @GrayGhost as well?

Hopefully he can update us on whether it has worked for him?

Did i read that on V2 you don’t have the pin system ?
Has @MilosDj got the V2 by chance.

I don’t know which version I have. I got it roughly 2 years ago, but hardly ever use it. It has a pin hole, but I guarantee that transfer is also possible without using it.

Try it out if you know it will wok

I’ve done it 5 times so far, and it definitely works. I transferred receivers back and forth, and also have just installed receivers you informed us about ( thanks for that). It’s just that I never remember how I do it, it’s just pressing it until it starts transferring.

for what it’s worth, I have tried this procedure with my Roger Pen iN and did get prompt to upgrade the Pen firmware but doesn’t show " Retrieve Roger Receivers" when I follow the exact process described here. May NOT work with the Roger Pen iN. :confused:

1 Like

I think it is a postcode lottery.

I tried it on a version 1 with 0 receivers and it first said I had 5 left so I clicked on the restore and it went through the process. after that I disconnected the ON IN and checked with the pin on the bottom and the display showed “0” receivers.
Connected to computer again and went through the process … now says I have 4 left … I clicked on restore and again it went through the process … disconnected and used a pin and still display say “0” receivers :frowning:

Just tried this.
Emptied the On ,updated Roger to 1.27
Updated On despite it saying it was up to date 1.2.45997.
Retrieve licences.
Two appeared.
Checked with pin- Two licences installed!
This is crazy, the implications are serious.
Didn’t @1Bluejay have a Phonak rep involved in telling her she needed a second On?

3 Likes

@michael1 I see, this is what @Zebras was trying to explain.
Still doesn’t ring a bell.
I guess that’s why I don’t have PhD.

1 Like

T-shirt? I have a full wardrobe: T-shirt, shorts, PJs, slippers … :money_mouth_face:

1 Like

Yes. Hadda fork over a chunk of change for that 2nd license, too.

I’m probably the outlier here, but I wear my 2 pairs of Lumity Life aids every other day: Silver ones on ODD days, champagne colored ones on EVEN days. I swap my Roger ON iN V2 sticks every Sunday: black one goes in the cradle as TV streamer one week, champagne colored one goes in the next. That leaves one stick “free” to take with me to restaurants, etc. I haven’t lost or left a stick behind - yet - but it gives me peace of mind to have the duplication in gear, given that these are RECHARGEABLE aids and don’t give me a full day’s worth of wear. So even the accessories with unique license have to be duplicated.

If I had ONE pair of battery-powered aids that lasted 6 days, I’d have no need for the duplication.