The Compression Handbook (again)

The Compression Handbook

I found this 6 year old topic yesterday. I downloaded and read the book last night until 3:00 in the morning.

It contains lots of useful information regarding hearing loss, HA, and HA fitting. Chapter 6 covers Fine-Tuning. It has a two page Patient Adjustment Guide at the end.

I start this as new topic because I don’t want to notify anyone previously involved in the conversation 5 years ago.

2 Likes

Might help to mention exactly which one you are referring to and include a link. :slightly_smiling_face: I presume that you are referring to the Starkey Compression Handbook:

2 Likes

Yes, I am. Thank you!

I’d also like to recommend that anyone who wants to dig down deep into how HA’s work get themselves a used copy of Harvey Dillon’s 2012 Hearing Aids book. There’s a lot more to hearing and hearing aids than just compression of sound and although Dillon’s book is becoming dated and according to the publisher will not appear in a newer edition, the basics of hearing loss compensation are probably still the same and well-covered by the book, if you can factor out the obsolete stuff. Reading posts in this site is very helpful in getting a feeling for how things have evolved and what’s no longer current. Thanks to MDB for the recommendation to pick up a copy of Dillon! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@ikchulum @jim_lewis

Big Thank You to both of you. :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

I’m a nubie, had not run across this, and found it very helpful.

Off to see where I get buy Dillon book now.

I found out, that Starkey hided/scrambled the Compression Handbook on the Starkey Pro website , therefore i have uploaded a copy of the Compression Handbook

The_Compression_Handbook.pdf (2.3 MB)

2 Likes