Streaming from Windows 10 desktop? How?

I’m a guy, so I already have a dongle. Isn’t working for streaming. Well, not music anyway.

( I should clarify that this is supposed to be a joke. My dangly dongle don’t work with devices.)

It’s just the Bluetooth profile that needs implementing, all or some
Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP)
Headset Profile (HSP)
Hands-Free Profile (HFP)
Possibly others, but these are all dead in the water anyway, LE Audio is here as the industry standard, so this would work with…well any device’s?

Were you asking if there were any current devices that have LE Audio? I think there are some wireless ear buds that claim it. There are no phones that claim it yet that I know of, although Samsung S23 series and OnePlus 11 look hopeful as they have some of the necessary Bluetooth features. Another decade or so and it should be all worked out. :smile: (joke, we’ve been waiting a long time)

1 Like

That’s a strong term. I think you’re overly optimistic. “Widely operable” is more likely by then. Unless something comes out requiring it, like the EU USB-C directive, I bet there will be foot-draggers.

WH

Yes, industry standard is the way to go, not proprietary drivers/extension for LE.

pfff, Bluetooth engineers says another 20 years!

2 Likes

Seriously???

yeah bluetooth sig is run by monkeys! (no, more like 2 -3 years top)

The three profiles you mentioned are what allows BT Classic to work with headphones (stereo output) and headsets (mono microphone input and mono output). There are no such profiles for BLE. This is why it’s possible to pair BLE hearing aids with a Windows laptop, but possible to stream audio through them.

Why there are no BLE profiles is a good question that has no easy answer.

BT LE requires an entirely new audio protocol that they had to rebuild from a ground up… the problem is that Bluetooth cllassic is too old/too inneffient to use in today modern tech world,…

Ah, like let a bunch of monkeys randomly type code and they’ll eventually come up with something miraculous. :smile:

1 Like

And yet here we are with the KS10’s (Phonak Paradise) working just fine to connect to just about anything bluetooth because it abides by the standards. Sure it might be nice to remove the lip-sync with the aptx profile but it works great for audio. Maybe adding those profiles would consume more battery so they compromised. Maybe the licensing costs were more than they wanted to pay (haven’t a clue how all that works in the background).

Bluetooth 4.2 is also LE, very first to do this I believe, which is what Phonak uses.

Bluetooth classic on a hearing aid is insanely stupid and phonak went ahead and did it anyways. like i said bluetooth LE Audio is the only way forward… adding aptx doesn’t solve anything…

1 Like

It may be stupid, but it works remarkably well. I really like being able to connect to my two computers without another device. LE Audio will be nice when it gets here.

1 Like

which goes to show that even a stupid open standard is better than a proprietary protocol.

1 Like

Now it;s users are complaining of battery issue… All i hear is phonak rechargable not holding charge on a full day. I’m not hearing any other brand complaining… trust me it is the dumbest short term profit driven move ever

1 Like

Ok so battery issue is Bluetooth related, people were saying it was the charger unit, but anyways out of curiosity ,do you know why MacBook isn’t MFi and Chromebook isn’t ASHA, we know the Windows isn’t supporting anything LE Bluetooth (well not at the moment anyway) I know and am looking forward to LE Audio, but right now and past machine’s don’t, like they just didn’t want to spend a few more dollars?

And it’s not the only half baked/“new” technology that Phonak has foisted on their hapless customers. The B-Belong platform had only one new model, the Audeo B Direct which had the new SWORD-radio. The other models in that platform were (previous platform V-Venture models) dressed up in new cases.

1 Like

nobody want to spend resources into something that duplicates the LE audio work…