Streaming from Windows 10 desktop? How?

I guess I was just lucky to get the KS10’s. I didn’t realize Bluetooth was so complicated.

It’s not…when standards are followed. Unlike the closed world of mfi and Apple and their proprietary extension of bluetooth that only works with idevices and not even Mac devices.
Yup, I can connect to my laptop with the KS10’s via bluetooth and my Android phone. Video of course would have some lip-sync issues. But the TV Connector solves that.

2 Likes

Due to not using Bluetooth LEe they have much lower runtime per charge, especially with streaming. That is one reason why I recently chose a different brand.

Ear buds connected to Iphone 13 can produce wonderful sound to those who with mild to moderate hearing loss or perfect ears. If the ear buds have a noise suppression mode, then it would be wonderful.
When I use the More HA’s and utilise “live Listen” or Oticon On Apps (streaming) to listen (one to one convesation), there is a minor improvement but still not perfect. If I use iphone 13 Live Listen (pointing the mic directly to the speaker), I get an improvement in the conversation by 10-20 % but not loud enough.
Not sure if using Connect Clip with 105dB mic & custom mold will improve my sound clarity or word recognition.
Any suggection & comments. Thanks

1 Like

Hello @Psych1, I paid £24:99, for these, a few days ago, they appear to have gone up in price by £5? I can’t confirm if they use Siri or not, they are of no use to me, I wouldn’t hear with them! The wife is an avid music listener, and podcast listener, and she only has a “very mild” hearing loss, but she states these buds, are pristine, and sound awesome, unfortunately I can’t confirm if this is correct, but there are a lot of reviews on these buds… So I take it, they are extremely good for the price paid? Cheers Kev :wink:

Wireless Earbuds, Rulefiss… https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09MFC1S8C?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

1 Like

Hi @kevels55 , what if we used the iPhone to transmit the sound of the person talking to the HA’s via “Live Listen” or the Oticon Apps (streaming). As BT technology (5.3) is improving, other than music, gaming sound - sending sound to the HA’s might help those with mild to moderate hearing loss.
Just my 2 cents ideas.

1 Like

Thank you @dankailo, it could possibly work, but in all truth, I haven’t a scooby :smile: but, Apple tends to be severely restrictive on what will work with their gear, but you won’t know until you try… Cheers Kev :wink:

1 Like

You can use the item number (ASIN) to check your local amazon market to see if it is available.

$26 here: US Amazon earbuds link

The ASIN is the part that starts with B09…

WH

1 Like

Did you get your question answered? To stream to your Signia AX hearing aids from a PC you will need either a StreamLine Mic or StreamLine TV accessory from Signia.

3 Likes

Does the motherboard have the little M2 slot? If so, could switch out WiFi/BT chip to Intel AX210

3 Likes

Thanks mdb! that’s the kind of non technical info I was hoping for.

This does assume that your computer has Classic Bluetooth. If not, usually easy to remedy with a Bluetooth dongle.

??? The tv device does not need bluetooth from the computer. One would connect it to the audio/headphone out on the computer.

1 Like

I have a pair the of Signia 7ax. While my hearing aids can connect to the LE Bluetooth of my newer computer, the computer does not know what to do with the HAs. They are left in the other devices category and streaming is not possible. I would love to find a way to stream without buying a Streamline mic.

Agree. That’s a good point.

thanks for that. How do you like your Siginas? They’re not much discussed here. I’m liking them! but I have almost no experience with different brands of aids.

1 Like

I love my Signias! My last pair of HAs, and current backup, are Philips 9030s from Costco. The improvement going to the Signias from the Philips is like going from AM radio to CD audio.

2 Likes

The Signia AX7 is a big step up in sound quality for playing music for me too. But my last pair of aids were kinda lower end and very old. So the bar was pretty low. I go to a music for folks with hearing loss forum and the few people who have these like them too. small sample size!

That’s because the aids only talk mfi or ASHA. A Windows or Mac computer don’t.
The tv connector should work if you have some kind of audio out (headphone jack at least) from your computer.

1 Like

As far as I know, while Windows supports Bluetooth and some wifi devices physically support BLE, no hearing aid manufacturers have made a driver for Windows to enable streaming directly to a Windows computer over BLE. Either the hearing aids have to support BT Classic, which Windows supports (for headsets and headphones) or an intermediate device is required to convert from BLE to BT Classic, such as the Oticon ConnectClip. A computer running Windows can pair with BLE hearing aids, but that’s it. You can’t do anything with them. I wish the hearing aid manufacturer would support this. As far as I know, it would only require some software development (or perhaps firmware), but not hardware development.

1 Like